New Category 4's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

i am wondering what their agenda is to deal with G4 !!!

because of the economic boom in Australia right now, skilled workers might favour australia over other countries.

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is not the case..I am from India. I am waiting since last 4 years. Are they doing security checks on my file? Job verification has also been done.

Have you been allocated to a CO?

Besides as mentioned in bold only Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and few others are copping it with security checks. Not Indians.

i am wondering what their agenda is to deal with G4 !!!

because of the economic boom in Australia right now, skilled workers might favour australia over other countries.

Their agenda is the EOI which will start 2012.

Bye.

Besides as mentioned in bold only Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and few others are copping it with security checks. Not Indians.

I tink his application itself has a problem which is why he hasn't heard anything for this long...besides PR professor from India, how many points does that qualify and does he still have to take the IELTS or do they assume his English is not Melbourne cabbie driver?

It was allocated Way back in 2009. Asked to upload medical and PCC. Job verification was also done. Everything completed but still waiting since last 4 years..

It was allocated Way back in 2009. Asked to upload medical and PCC. Job verification was also done. Everything completed but still waiting since last 4 years..

Dear Sri Bajwa,

You can get a tourist visa, go to Australia and speak to the immigration.

I tink his application itself has a problem which is why he hasn't heard anything for this long...besides PR professor from India, how many points does that qualify and does he still have to take the IELTS or do they assume his English is not Melbourne cabbie driver?

Well I was asked to submit 5.0 band IELTS. while I have 6.5 which is more than required. While I have total of around 10 years experience in Public relation. I have Masters Degree. My wife is also a teacher. She has two Masters degrees. She is working in a Catholic Church school since last 12 years. I was sponsored by my brother who is an Australia citizen and is regularly paying taxes to Australian Government. And Of course he is not a Cabbie driver.

And I am not alone on this visa application. There are many more in this category of visa subclass.

Well I was asked to submit 5.0 band IELTS. while I have 6.5 which is more than required. While I have total of around 10 years experience in Public relation. I have Masters Degree. My wife is also a teacher. She has two Masters degrees. She is working in a Catholic Church school since last 12 years. I was sponsored by my brother who is an Australia citizen and is regularly paying taxes to Australian Government. And Of course he is not a Cabbie driver.

And I am not alone on this visa application. There are many more in this category of visa subclass.

I see. There shouldn't be a problem. I wonder if it has to do with your sponsorship.

Did you get in contact with your CO? Or you don't have his details yet?

I know a few people who got allocated long time ago and after rules changed they got dumped back in queue.

Thats one plausible explanation.

I know a few people who got allocated long time ago and after rules changed they got dumped back in queue.

Thats one plausible explanation.

I was one of them.Got the CO twice, first in Dec 2008 and them in March 2011 and finally got on to the shore in March 2011.It all depends on priority processing, too many applicants and too less places.Actually once you submit your application, you are like a puppett in their hands, they can make you dance the way they like:laugh:

Guest VickyMel

Not sure if you guys have seen this article, a link was posted by xenos1987 on another thread.

Its good to see the papers are pushing the issue

http://g4online.org/lives-on-hold

Its the first time I have seen talk of the numbers in Cat 4

According to DIAC statistics there were 38,800 category 4 visa applicants living in Australia as of 31 October 2010. At that stage almost 5000 visa applicants had already been waiting for more than two years for a decision on their cases, while another 19,000 applicants had been waiting for more than twelve months. (In addition to this “onshore” case load there are another 60,000 “offshore” applications lodged overseas that have been with the department for more than a year.)

Guest VickyMel
Yeah, it's just some small group. Nobody will take them seriously.

I suppose it depends how you define small, I suppose within the country as a whole I guess you are right it is a small number of people.

But to those waiting almost 100,000 waiting in Cat 4 is not so small.

I had received an email in which I was asked attend a group interview in Sydney by Category 4 applicants. Author was thinking that I am an Onshore applicants. This email was from the owner of http://g4online.org/

Any one else got the same email please attend this group interview.

Can you provide more info about the group interview? Was it Mr Mares you spoke with?

Can you provide more info about the group interview? Was it Mr Mares you spoke with?

Nope. Peter Mares is a journalist for the ABC. I have spoken to him a few times. He is quite well regarded for creating awareness of this issue.

Archived