New Category 4's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

This really sums up the mess created by Priority Processing. In my opinion the worst thing that happened was the retrospecive application of new laws. I believe that once you hand money over, ie. a transactional agreement, you ought to get what you paid for. In the laws of international trading this is what is supposed to happen. (if you paid good money for a car and subsequently being told that you have to wait indefinitely for this purchase, you would take the Seller to Court for Fraud!) It is absolutely deplorable for a modern society to subject good and honest people to such an outrage. Let us hope that common sense prevails and DIAC see the need to deal with processing of Cat 4 application soon!

Hi Bluecatcollectables,

you certainly are not buying the visa, you are buying the opportunity to apply for it. It is up to the country to accept it or not. Not that I disagree with you, but you may be a target of attacks if you think you were buying the visa.

The problem was that in that pipe, there is a large number of bogus applications. It is very easy to point to these people, who are "buying" the visa. Those should be sent home. However, this is not possible as there are groups who would start anti-racial attacks.

I would change the 485 visa to 36 months and let people without work experience in their nominated occupation to reapply for this visa. I would process only those PR appliacation, where the main applicant has work experience of at least 1 year in their nominated occupation.

I still don't understand why didn't they do it already. This would apply to any category.

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Bluecatcollectables,

you certainly are not buying the visa, you are buying the opportunity to apply for it. It is up to the country to accept it or not. Not that I disagree with you, but you may be a target of attacks if you think you were buying the visa.

The problem was that in that pipe, there is a large number of bogus applications. It is very easy to point to these people, who are "buying" the visa. Those should be sent home. However, this is not possible as there are groups who would start anti-racial attacks.

I would change the 485 visa to 36 months and let people without work experience in their nominated occupation to reapply for this visa. I would process only those PR appliacation, where the main applicant has work experience of at least 1 year in their nominated occupation.

I still don't understand why didn't they do it already. This would apply to any category.

Cat 4 applicants must have already lodged an application for PR, so the 485 visa is no longer relevant.

The point is that if an applicant was eligible for an 885 visa, having scored the needed 120 points, had their qualifications passed by vetassess, why on earth should you have to redo anything. Let alone pay over another cent, as this idea would doubtless involve more money If you are going to apply this thought process to the 885 visa, then everyone who possibly applied for a 175 visa under the old rules, would also now have to prove more work experience.

Cat 4 applicants must have already lodged an application for PR, so the 485 visa is no longer relevant.

The point is that if an applicant was eligible for an 885 visa, having scored the needed 120 points, had their qualifications passed by vetassess, why on earth should you have to redo anything. Let alone pay over another cent, as this idea would doubtless involve more money If you are going to apply this thought process to the 885 visa, then everyone who possibly applied for a 175 visa under the old rules, would also now have to prove more work experience.

Hi Ramot,

I fully agree with you that they should process all visas which have a valid application as they come. What I am saying, should they do any priorities, it should not be based on occupation but on work experience. Just compare the chances of an 885/6 and 175/6 applicat to have work experience. Most of 175/6 do have work experience, and if I had to generalize, 5 of 10 of these people would come from the UK. I don't have to name the countries for the onshore applications I guess.

The idea of giving a chance to apply for 485 for the second time is to give possible employers a guarantee and also a relief to the genuine applicants.

I think this would prevent any bogus applications so there would never be any Cat 4 any more. Or are you here for the idea of supporting bogus applicants who have no value to the economy and only want the benefits? You can only milk a cow to some degree...

Cheers,

Hi Ramot,

I fully agree with you that they should process all visas which have a valid application as they come. What I am saying, should they do any priorities, it should not be based on occupation but on work experience. Just compare the chances of an 885/6 and 175/6 applicat to have work experience. Most of 175/6 do have work experience, and if I had to generalize, 5 of 10 of these people would come from the UK. I don't have to name the countries for the onshore applications I guess.

The idea of giving a chance to apply for 485 for the second time is to give possible employers a guarantee and also a relief to the genuine applicants.

I think this would prevent any bogus applications so there would never be any Cat 4 any more. Or are you here for the idea of supporting bogus applicants who have no value to the economy and only want the benefits? You can only milk a cow to some degree...

Cheers,

Of course I don't support bogus applicants for any category, not just the much maligned 885 applicants, but please realise that quite a few 885 applicants come from UK, many are mature students, who had been in the work force prior to coming here to study. There seems to be a generalisation that almost all ex international students come from Asia. Yes it seems an accepted fact that there were bogus colleges rorting the system, mainly in 2 specific jobs, but why on earth did the government allow it to happen and not clamp down on them sooner. There are lots of well qualified ex international students who have got top Australian qualifications, and good jobs now, who have done nothing wrong, who are being penalised because of the rorting by some.

The international students who were studying at university with my family member came from many countries, including UK, France, Canada, Germany, America and South America to mention a few. Almost all were mature students studying degrees, through to in my family members case, an MBA. Now working in a multi national company in a good position, and gained the job through his Australian qualifications and his previous work experience in England. He studied here (a to gain extra academic qualifications and (b obviously to gain the extra points through study.

Everyone in cat 4 is hurting, no one's case is better or worse than anyone else's if a genuine application has been made. The most important thing is to support each other, and hope to hear the news that cat. 4's visas are being processed.

Guest 885

Everyone in cat 4 is hurting, no one's case is better or worse than anyone else's if a genuine application has been made. The most important thing is to support each other, and hope to hear the news that cat. 4's visas are being processed.

i agree with you. there is no point argueing who is more deserving of the visa. we all apply according to what is required by DIAC. and DIAC is bound by Migration Act to consider a validly lodged application. whether is bogus or not, it is up to DIAC to investigate not to us scapecoating the applicants from Cat4. please don't direct our anger and resentment towards people who are in the same situation as us.

i agree with you. there is no point argueing who is more deserving of the visa. we all apply according to what is required by DIAC. and DIAC is bound by Migration Act to consider a validly lodged application. whether is bogus or not, it is up to DIAC to investigate not to us scapecoating the applicants from Cat4. please don't direct our anger and resentment towards people who are in the same situation as us.

Fully agree. I am just suggesting it any prioritizing should be made, it should be based on work experience in nominated occupation, not the category. Just to tease some Cat 3 applicants...

Hi,

I did not suggest handing money over for the visa, but simply handing over money for the processing of a visa application. Correct me if I am wrong, but the money I personally paid to DIAC is simply for them to have a look at my visa application, ie process this. The outcome is not guaranteed, that is obvious.

There is clearly a VERY IMPORTANT NEED for DIAC to check all visa applications carefully, but I thought that goes without saying.

Hi,

I did not suggest handing money over for the visa, but simply handing over money for the processing of a visa application. Correct me if I am wrong, but the money I personally paid to DIAC is simply for them to have a look at my visa application, ie process this. The outcome is not guaranteed, that is obvious.

There is clearly a VERY IMPORTANT NEED for DIAC to check all visa applications carefully, but I thought that goes without saying.

Hi Bluecatcollectables

Yes I agree with you, we are paying for someone to look at our application so we shouldn't have to wait years when we have already payed, what DIAC could have done is take our money when they are ready to look at our application that way if we change our minds we can refuse to pay and they can throw the application away.

Tania

Guest Varlet
Hi Bluecatcollectables

Yes I agree with you, we are paying for someone to look at our application so we shouldn't have to wait years when we have already payed, what DIAC could have done is take our money when they are ready to look at our application that way if we change our minds we can refuse to pay and they can throw the application away.

Tania

Tania,

What you are describing is actually quite similar to the system in NZ,

They will only charge a small processing fee in the application phase, and you are then pooled into an applicant base where they can "choose" you from for further processing.

Only if/when you are chosen you will be asked to pay another installment.

I guess they are not greedy over there.

Hi Tania,

Yes that seems to be indeed very fair. Imagine what interest you could have amounted if you left the actual visa fee in your savings account for near enough 2 years. So how much have DIAC made in interest on peoples money so far? Especially those stuck in Cat 4. No wonder their economy is doing so well :mask: It is indeed a very unjust system to compromise people already stuck in the system. Again, as a ray of hope I really hope that DIAC will commence processing of Cat 4 soon, so we can all put this all behind us and start living again!!!

Guest amer

Hi guys, just dropped by to check what on going in this thread. Hope things will look up for Cat4 soon as DIAC seems to be rushing thru Cat3 applications as the moment. Just hang on and dont jump off DIAC building yet :cute:

Guest Varlet
i already want to commit suicide again now! *jumps off the building*

Dont lose it just yet mate, i hope that by July 1st - which is less than 2 months from now - we might have a clearer picture about Cat 4 future.

If not, ill join the jumping queue, should move faster than Cat 4 for sure.

i already want to commit suicide again now! *jumps off the building*

Well,

I can understand your anxiety. I had also gone through this same miserable situation ever since I had applied for the visa on August 2007. I had also decided to do the same which you are doing. But it's not easy to commit suicide. As we are in social net. We are connected to our family members and friends. So think about them. But I do not know whether category 4 applicants will be ever processed or not but it;s very painful wait.

Dont lose it just yet mate, i hope that by July 1st - which is less than 2 months from now - we might have a clearer picture about Cat 4 future.

If not, ill join the jumping queue, should move faster than Cat 4 for sure.

i know but i feel it's another year of stupid waiting again... rope is ready here, just let me know your go signal to jump together.. our visas are worth dying for!

Don't jump!

I was suggesting starting some fire, not jumping! By jumping, it can bloody hurt and you can even kill yourselves!:biglaugh:

Well, we can burn ourselves then jump off the bulding. surely DIAC will NOTICE US!

Well,

I can understand your anxiety. I had also gone through this same miserable situation ever since I had applied for the visa on August 2007. I had also decided to do the same which you are doing. But it's not easy to commit suicide. As we are in social net. We are connected to our family members and friends. So think about them. But I do not know whether category 4 applicants will be ever processed or not but it;s very painful wait.

I would be happy if you will be granted first ahead of us. If i had been waiting years like you, i would have been overdose from taking anti-anxiety pills coz of waiting... I was keeping myself busy for months, but I ended up feeling sad about my pending visa app.

Oh well. I dont wanna expect good news this year tho. Gave up expecting too much already.

Let's all keep our Spirits up and Good Luck to Everyone. It is May now and an announcement from DIAC ref. any Changes, although I don't think any drastic ones will take place soon. Fingers Crossed, Everything crossed for that matter.

bluecats: I iz ur bluecatz caze oficerz. I will pwoses yar visaz fazz n pew pew dos hu pwoses slowz

According to DIAC statistics there were 38,800 category 4 visa applicants living in Australia as of 31 October 2010. At that stage almost 5000 visa applicants had already been waiting for more than two years for a decision on their cases, while another 19,000 applicants had been waiting for more than twelve months. (In addition to this “onshore” case load there are another 60,000 “offshore” applications lodged overseas that have been with the department for more than a year.)

This means more than 100000 cat 4 applicants. I do not think there is a chance these will be processed. Probably will at least try to cap and cease the offshore cat 4 before they process.

Archived