New Category 4's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

I think we have to distinguish between onshore and offshore applications. I am onshore and to be offshore, I would give up already. For offshore this may be a green card lottery. Offsore folks can go on with their lives, can build their future. But how about onshore? What can we do? I should have given up already even being onshore.

I thinks this is what the government wanted. For us to beg the executioner to cut my own head! I think Australia is asking for international trouble here. Just waiting for the first one to do something similar to Vilawood.

Hi cat4er

I disagree with this. My family is offshore and yes while we have the option to get on with our lives we are as much in limbo as onshore. We have our hearts sets on getting our visa. We have told family etc and its very painful when you are offshore to see the faces of these people knowing that the intention is to break their hearts. Onshore applicants have already gone through this barrier. We are living our lives but not going on holidays etc as we might need the money for meds etc. We cannot commit to building to the future as we want our future to be in Australia.

Offshore applicants felt it was safer to wait until the Visa was granted and not take the gamble of applying whilst onshore for PR.

The Visa process is a lottery and onshore or offshore I want everyone to be treated fairly. Cat 4 is what it is a waiting room. DIAC stated that visas would be granted in date order. Time will tell if this is true but it is the correct way. Why should Onshore get processed prior to offshore ? Why shouldnt those with State sponsorship in Cat 4 be processed first. We all have our ideas of how Cat 4 should work.

I feel for those onshore that have paid Taxes lived and worked in Australia, studied at Uni etc but that was their choice enticed by the carrot of PR promised by the Australian Government. Offshore's choice was to apply for PR with the promise that if your JOb was on the MODL ( at the time of lodging) your applications would be processed in a fair timescale.

Both promises have not been kept. Cat 4 are all the same

Good luck

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that DIAC will reduce the intake or keep it the same. Bearing in mind that the numbers of new applicants will see a marked decline (you just have to do the maths), I still believe Cat 4 backlog will be cleared. Meanwhile I personally am looking to purchase a new property here in England. A house I fell in love with. So if Aussie never happens, at least I have some consolation. This is I feel what a lot of people must do. Whilst we are awaiting the visa processing outcome, we might as well still live. At present I could not go to Oz anyway, our money would be no good over there and houseprices are still so very overpriced! I figure that when we eventually get processed and the outcome is positive, things may have changed to our advantage. We would still need to sell our house, whether we stay where we are or where we will be moving to. Good Luck to all of us for tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Ugh! What is so great about Australia? Bunch of nit-pickers who are obsessed with keeping their streets clean, complaining about how over-crowded their cities are while they keeping digging up more dirt for export.

It's a bland and forgettable place that constantly has to dish out cash for international marketing just so they can remind the rest of the world that they still exist. Bah!

Hi cat4er

I disagree with this. My family is offshore and yes while we have the option to get on with our lives we are as much in limbo as onshore. We have our hearts sets on getting our visa. We have told family etc and its very painful when you are offshore to see the faces of these people knowing that the intention is to break their hearts. Onshore applicants have already gone through this barrier. We are living our lives but not going on holidays etc as we might need the money for meds etc. We cannot commit to building to the future as we want our future to be in Australia.

Offshore applicants felt it was safer to wait until the Visa was granted and not take the gamble of applying whilst onshore for PR.

The Visa process is a lottery and onshore or offshore I want everyone to be treated fairly. Cat 4 is what it is a waiting room. DIAC stated that visas would be granted in date order. Time will tell if this is true but it is the correct way. Why should Onshore get processed prior to offshore ? Why shouldnt those with State sponsorship in Cat 4 be processed first. We all have our ideas of how Cat 4 should work.

I feel for those onshore that have paid Taxes lived and worked in Australia, studied at Uni etc but that was their choice enticed by the carrot of PR promised by the Australian Government. Offshore's choice was to apply for PR with the promise that if your JOb was on the MODL ( at the time of lodging) your applications would be processed in a fair timescale.

Both promises have not been kept. Cat 4 are all the same

Good luck

Hi SHAN,

please don't get me wrong, I am not saying offshore applications are less important that those onshore. I am just saying if I were offshore, I would be more relaxed. I asked the Immigration if I can wait offshore for the decision but they told me I would need to apply for tourist visa to get here and be onshore at the time of decision. I spoke with a number of officials in Europe and was generally told that I might have problems getting tourist visa to pick up my PR. Got the message.

I believe you are not in need to flee your country as I am not. But I think you can get the PR as nice surprise, forget about it, continue with career an so on. You are free. If you are onshore, you can't get the job you want not because there is shortage, but because you don't have the bloody visa! How frustrting is that!

So again, I am not saying that offshore is less important and am not trying to find reasons to foul you out of the queue. Just envy your freedom.

Have nice day.

Anyone from Pakistan or Bangladesh AND in cat 4, just to let you know there is a MASSIVE wait with security checks after you get CO. So just so you guys are mentally prepared.

Some cases are taking from 6 months to 18 months and counting.

So it won't be simple case of getting visa straight after getting CO as is the case currently.

Why am I saying this? Before getting a CO, all the BS about security checks didn't cross my mind as DIAC was dishing out visas faster than people can catch, until me and few others were stuck in queue while those who got allocated after us were getting visas before us. Turned out we are stuck on "security checks" which can take eternity. So it was kind of despair all over again.

From what I observe, if you are in cat 4 and from Pakistan and Bangladesh, you'll have a very very very long wait. Longest out of everyone as you have to security checks to go through.

Anyone from Pakistan or Bangladesh AND in cat 4, just to let you know there is a MASSIVE wait with security checks after you get CO. So just so you guys are mentally prepared.

So it won't be simple case of getting visa straight after getting CO as is the case currently.

Why am I saying this? Before getting a CO, all the BS about security checks didn't cross my mind as DIAC was dishing out visas faster than people can catch, until me and few others were stuck in queue while those who got allocated after us were getting visas before us. Turned out we are stuck on "security checks" which can take eternity. So it was kind of despair all over again.

From what I observe, if you are in cat 4 and from Pakistan and Bangladesh, you'll have a very very very long wait.

Ya, Pak always had that problem. Too bad they lost out in the world cup as well.

Hi SHAN,

please don't get me wrong, I am not saying offshore applications are less important that those onshore. I am just saying if I were offshore, I would be more relaxed. I asked the Immigration if I can wait offshore for the decision but they told me I would need to apply for tourist visa to get here and be onshore at the time of decision. I spoke with a number of officials in Europe and was generally told that I might have problems getting tourist visa to pick up my PR. Got the message.

I believe you are not in need to flee your country as I am not. But I think you can get the PR as nice surprise, forget about it, continue with career an so on. You are free. If you are onshore, you can't get the job you want not because there is shortage, but because you don't have the bloody visa! How frustrting is that!

So again, I am not saying that offshore is less important and am not trying to find reasons to foul you out of the queue. Just envy your freedom.

Have nice day.

Hi cat4er

My daughter is 18 in september and intends to stay on at Uni. However if she has a change of heart and gets a job she will not be dependant on us and therefore will not be allowed on my wifes visa applcation anymore.

I dont call this being free !! I call this being at the mercy of DIAC dealing with CAT 4.

When we lodged in Nov 09 my wifes job was on the the MODL and the SOL and also on WA SS list as a Hairdresser. The rules at the time suggested 12 months until visa so we have been messed around also like onshore apps.

Thanks

Hi cat4er

My daughter is 18 in september and intends to stay on at Uni. However if she has a change of heart and gets a job she will not be dependant on us and therefore will not be allowed on my wifes visa applcation anymore.

I dont call this being free !! I call this being at the mercy of DIAC dealing with CAT 4.

When we lodged in Nov 09 my wifes job was on the the MODL and the SOL and also on WA SS list as a Hairdresser. The rules at the time suggested 12 months until visa so we have been messed around also like onshore apps.

Thanks

Point made, SHAN07. DIAC is a real bum. I don't like them either.

Same here- we lodged in Oct 2009 and my OH's skills were listed as being in demand in WA.That's all changed now. Our agent seems to have washed his hands with us once he got us lodged. I have to find out information here on the forum and then ask him about it. I really don't know how long Cat 4 will have to wait but it all seems so misleading when the agent told us average 18 months when we first started this process. We feel in limbo like many others and I now have to face the fact we may be here for years if not indefinitely so I am looking around for new job.

From what I observe, if you are in cat 4 and from Pakistan and Bangladesh, you'll have a very very very long wait. Longest out of everyone as you have to security checks to go through.

This is not the case..I am from India. I am waiting since last 4 years. Are they doing security checks on my file? Job verification has also been done.

Hi cat4er

Thanks

This is a bad one, are you sure they will not allow her to get the visa?

Come on, do not get hatred towards any country...We are not here for that.......God bless everyone....

Hi virtual_bajwa, please do not mix facts and hatred to anyone. It is a fact that Cat 4 from high risk country will have a very long wait, it is just a bad combination. Fell free to blame DIAC.

I wish there were no categories and no high or low risk countries. Because now it is a text-book example of discrimination. And yes, even people from low risk countries are being dicriminated against. If the application is validly lodged, there should not be any priorities.

Anyone havs heard about the budget yet?

This is not the case..I am from India. I am waiting since last 4 years. Are they doing security checks on my file? Job verification has also been done.

Bajwa Ji I think you are in CAT 4 and CAT 4 is still not in Process so that explains your delay not the country of origin.

The model refers to new applications from July 2012

Dont be so Pessimistic. !

Either way, its extremely uncomfortable to see the direction things are going in.

I don't think this is good for the country but...oh well.

some G4ers might be able to appy through the new selection model in effect in 2012. i am just guessing.

when is this wait going to end? and what will the end of wait be like???:cry:

some G4ers might be able to appy through the new selection model in effect in 2012. i am just guessing.

when is this wait going to end? and what will the end of wait be like???:cry:

Well, why would they want to jump through another set of hoops? I would say anyone who applies after next year or rather has the intention of it, is going to go through hell on earth - rather than the people who have already applied.

Frankly, I wouldn't advise anyone to bother with Australia. Looks like they've got an agenda and they're going to stick to it.

Archived