New Category 4's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Well,

Observing the latest Political situation in Australia, I do not think these will be any SMP. Perhaps they will also change the priority processing after join the Government. Because after reading the post of Gilly , I would recon that Minister Evans is not going to join the Immigration office again. So, I do not think they will continue with the policies of Chis Evans. Lots of changes are going to happen in later September and first weeks of October. That's my assumption.

WOW! I just hope these changes will bring back the good reputation of Australia that's now lost because of DIAC sh!t *ooops sorry for the term*

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On thing I am pleased about with the hung parliament is that it will be very difficult to pass the bill that Evans wanted for caping and ceasing applications he did not want. This will be impossible to pass as even one person objecting will make it very difficult and independent candidates are bound to be sensitive to such things.

Guest zzzsianzzz

SMP will be there as its for individual states that have a specific list of skills which are required within their own regions and immigration will be replacing previously state-sponsored with this program. So there will be some sort of "stated-owned" category, whatever fancy name they decided to name it as its up to them. State-sponsorship or state migration plan. its just a fancy name to the program and a matter of the content within these lists. :skeptical:

SMP will be there as its for individual states that have a specific list of skills which are required within their own regions and immigration will be replacing previously state-sponsored with this program. So there will be some sort of "stated-owned" category, whatever fancy name they decided to name it as its up to them. State-sponsorship or state migration plan. its just a fancy name to the program and a matter of the content within these lists. :skeptical:

Hi zzzsianzzz,

I think you are bang on the money with your comment. In my opinion all existing state sponsors will recieve their visa's and then it will be supply and demand from the states which dictates the flow of any future visa's. The only thing I think is still to be decided is the timeline for processing all existing applications. I mean, DIAC cant possibly let all SS be processed at the same time. If it were up to me, I would be processing in order of date application. I also think that people in the pipeline who dont have SS, will also be accommodated for in some shape or form. Perhaps off list occupations would come into effect or special allowances will be made. Lets wait and see.

Cheers,

John

Guest JK2510

Hi,

I think perhaps it's a good idea to suspend all applications lodged to DIAC. I think the Ozzie immigration may eventually be expression of interest.

I think suspending the lodging system will save alot of people the heartache and misery that many of us have had to cope with for a year now.

Visas should be given by date lodgement. Before sept 23rd changes it seemed everything was flowing well. It worked! Then all change for a system that literally shut down.

Guest ens1402

Hi,

Please count my hubby & I on:

Name: EnS

Date of Visa application: 19/03/2010

Trade/profession: ICT - Recent Grad (2231-79 Nec)

Visa type: 885

Pre-23rd Sept 2009 Category (If applicable):

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 6

Post-14th July Category: 4

Medicals submitted: Yes

Police check submitted: Yes

Date CO assigned: Not yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable): (dd.mm.yy)

Date visa granted: hopefully sooooooooooon

Additional Info (IF applicable): Redo the Skill assessment to 2231-79 (C#) but it's out of the list when positive result is received. Have been officially working as .Net Programmer since Jan 2007.

I'd like to join the Saddo's club please!

Name: Cutiemcprettybobbi

Date of Visa application: 18/10/2008

Trade/profession: Public Relations (actually a charity events manager)

Visa type: 176

Pre-23rd Sept 2009 Category (If applicable): ?

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 5

Medicals submitted: No

Police check submitted: No

Date CO assigned: a what now??

Date visa granted: F**k knows!

Additional Info (IF applicable): originally fam sponsored, got ACT ss in March 10 in the hopes it would put us in a better position! Ha! waiting to see if job on ACT SMP if and when that is ever released to move up to CAT 2, but i dont hold much hope of that anymore ;(

I'd like to join the Saddo's club please!

Name: Cutiemcprettybobbi

Date of Visa application: 18/10/2008

Trade/profession: Public Relations (actually a charity events manager)

Visa type: 176

Pre-23rd Sept 2009 Category (If applicable): ?

Date CO assigned: a what now??

Date visa granted: F**k knows!

Additional Info (IF applicable): originally fam sponsored, got ACT ss in March 10 in the hopes it would put us in a better position! Ha! waiting to see if job on ACT SMP if and when that is ever released to move up to CAT 2, but i dont hold much hope of that anymore ;(

Look at my time line. We have same trade. I am also Public Relation officer. And sponsored by family.

hi virtual_bajwa

you replied to another post i did a couple of weeks ago about processing times, so i am already aware of you and same occupation.

do you have ss?? it doesnt say in your timeline. Nice to know there is another PR person our there though, everyone else seems to be trade or nurse, proper jobs!!!!

:laugh:

Guest June Pixie

Name: JUNE PIXIE

Date of Visa application: 18.08.09

Trade/profession: CABINETMAKER

Visa type: 176 - SA sponsered

Pre-23rd Sept 2009 Category (If applicable): 2

Date CO assigned: None

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Additional Info (IF applicable): IELTS NOW EXPIRED 7/10.

Name: JUNE PIXIE

Date of Visa application: 18.08.09

Trade/profession: CABINETMAKER

Visa type: 176 - SA sponsered

Pre-23rd Sept 2009 Category (If applicable): 2

Date CO assigned: None

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Additional Info (IF applicable): IELTS NOW EXPIRED 7/10.

Hi june,

IELTS expiration was my issue before. I think when you lodged your visa and submitted your IELTS as part of the requirements, your IELTS is deemed valid forever

Thanks

On thing I am pleased about with the hung parliament is that it will be very difficult to pass the bill that Evans wanted for caping and ceasing applications he did not want. This will be impossible to pass as even one person objecting will make it very difficult and independent candidates are bound to be sensitive to such things.

If you look at the bigger picture the Cap n Kill isn't the ultimate evil that he can do to us. There are 4 things that can happen to cat4.

1) Wait indefinitely forever, basically live rest of your life here on bridging visa.

2) Visa granted 6-10 years from now if that.

3) On 1-January 2012, minister culls entire 885/886 (with refund) and few other subclasses as he did with 2007 applicants.

4) He gets his cap n kill bill and does the culling before that date.

As you can see the only difference between 3 and 4 is the time the culling happens. Either way minister can kill your application by cherry picking his doctors and engineers (now accountants :SLEEP: as well), leave all that he doesnt like, and then kill off the entire subclass.

Thing is, this is a longer route to getting the same result as C&C. And he has to create new visa subclasses every time he is done culling applications - a bit of a administrative hassle for him and DIAC.

With C&C it makes his life lot easier as he can get rid of applicants he doesn't like without going through the hassle of recreating new subclasses and all hard work that comes with it.

The point I am trying to get to is that don't get too hopeful with hung parliament and all. In a country like Australia, political limbo doesn't last very long. 2-3 weeks time it'll be back to business. And C&C isn't the ultimate death knell for us as similar but difficult options are available at his disposal with existing Migration Act.

Guest sparamjit
If you look at the bigger picture the Cap n Kill isn't the ultimate evil that he can do to us. There are 4 things that can happen to cat4.

1) Wait indefinitely forever, basically live rest of your life here on bridging visa.

3) On 1-January 2012, minister culls entire 885/886 (with refund) and few other subclasses as he did with 2007 applicants.

As you can see the only difference between 3 and 4 is the time the culling happens. Either way minister can kill your application by cherry picking his doctors and engineers (now accountants :SLEEP: as well), leave all that he doesnt like, and then kill off the entire subclass.

Thing is, this is a longer route to getting the same result as C&C. And he has to create new visa subclasses every time he is done culling applications - a bit of a administrative hassle for him and DIAC.

With C&C it makes his life lot easier as he can get rid of applicants he doesn't like without going through the hassle of recreating new subclasses and all hard work that comes with it.

The point I am trying to get to is that don't get too hopeful with hung parliament and all. In a country like Australia, political limbo doesn't last very long. 2-3 weeks time it'll be back to business. And C&C isn't the ultimate death knell for us as similar but difficult options are available at his disposal with existing Migration Act.

I somehow feel that I might have to agree with you.

Guest chajath

Let's think positive, people.

Here is an extract from the Coalition's Migration policy

4. Establish A Clear and Consultative Process to Restore Control

The Coalition will commit to the production of a White Paper on immigration that will reframe the structure and composition of Australia’s immigration programme to address the policy challenges of sustainable population growth.

This process will work in parallel with the work undertaken by the Productivity and Sustainability Commission – and will adopt as its starting point the task of achieving the Coalition’s first term population growth target of 1.4 per cent, taking into account advice on the current pipeline of applications.

The White Paper process will also implement the Coalition’s commitment to ensure two-thirds of the permanent migration programme will be for skilled migration, together with the changes to the operation of the refugee and humanitarian programme, already outlined by the Coalition in this area.

In particular, the White Paper process will:

• Examine the potential to move Australia’s immigration programme to a more supply-

dominated model that is driven not by demand for visas but by determinations on

how many should be offered;

Review the integrity of processing arrangements both offshore and onshore in all

visa categories;

• Identify gaps in legislation which have the potential to blow out numbers in the

future;

• Address rorts and abuses across all areas and tighten programme criteria to ensure that those who come to Australia are best placed to make a contribution to this country in the way that migrants have done in the past; and

Review the visa capping provisions introduced in the last session of Parliament.

It is anticipated that a Discussion Paper will be released by the end of 2010, with a final paper to be completed by the Coalition’s first Budget in May 2011. This will help inform the composition of the 2011-12 migration programme.

The White Paper will be the subject of a genuine consultation process, with the stated objective of determining how we meet our commitment to reduce the rate of population growth to 1.4 per cent in our first term.

(Emphasis added)

So, few observations from my side.

If the Coalition's target is 170k, 2/3 of that is ~113k, which is about current level of number of skilled migration, yeah? So there won't be a real slash of number of GSM intake, I suppose.

They are reviewing the integrity of processing arrangements. If they do review the current system, I wonder how one can arrive at a conclusion anything different than priority arrangement is a total mess up.

Minister Evans' tragic policy decision caused a lot of mental distress to all of us. But, in turn, it costed them a second term, and ALP would at least know that Minister Evans' is partly to blame. What does a big swinging against ALP in CBD areas (where large numbers of constituents are migrants) suggest?

Latest news show that the Coalition and ALP is close even in two-party preference. Let's hold breath and all hope that the Coalition forms a government. Next, we will try our best to voice our concern when they are reviewing current mess-up.

The original policy paper can be found here

http://www.liberal.org.au/~/media/Files/Policies%20and%20Media/National%20Security/0725x30LPAPopulationandImmigrationPolicy.ashx

Hi,

I do agree to you . I t will be very unfortunate that australia whom people trusted and spent hard earned money will create hatred in the long run. Let the ministers realise that it is better to approve visa to the current appilicants and OPEN THE VISA THEN FOR ONLY THE PROFESSIONALS AUSTRALIA REQUIRES. I feel within me that my turning point in my life will be due to either Australia approving the visa or killing it. There are lots, what would they think in their life and the feeling???

Hope Aus approves the visa as soon as possible............................................................................................................................................................

would it be possible for the system to auto shutdown once the application quota for the year is reached? since the probability of denied visas is low? so in that case, DIAC would advice applicants not to apply and that perhaps lessen the burdens of backlogs

would it be possible for the system to auto shutdown once the application quota for the year is reached? since the probability of denied visas is low? so in that case, DIAC would advice applicants not to apply and that perhaps lessen the burdens of backlogs

oh yes, this would be a good idea :)

Guest tyasawa
So why DIAC think it's NOT!! you know, anywhere around the internet, still loads of "live and work " / "study and work" / "settle in australia" / "migrate in australia" adssss :swoon:

=D They wouldn't want to scare anyone from giving them money. Moreover I suspect DIAC actually do not want to approve some of us stuck in the backlog but just doesn't have any authority to do it (as for now). Therefore, they do still need more new applicants, preferably one that match their updated requirement.

Gosh I hate DIAC. I think I said this before, what makes me upset it's not solely because of PR approval. Even if I got rejected in the end, if the process is fair, make sense, and less similar to money making scheme I wouldn't be this disappointed.

I checked this thread every now and then hoping for a miracle to happen to one of the cat 4 applicants =(

=D They wouldn't want to scare anyone from giving them money. Moreover I suspect DIAC actually do not want to approve some of us stuck in the backlog but just doesn't have any authority to do it (as for now). Therefore, they do still need more new applicants, preferably one that match their updated requirement.

Gosh I hate DIAC. I think I said this before, what makes me upset it's not solely because of PR approval. Even if I got rejected in the end, if the process is fair, make sense, and less similar to money making scheme I wouldn't be this disappointed.

I checked this thread every now and then hoping for a miracle to happen to one of the cat 4 applicants =(

I completely agree with you. Considering minister Evans is trying to micro-manage/cherry pick candidates, more applications and hence money are always welcome. Receiving application fees while not giving out visas, why not? I reckon I will be on a bridging visa for the next few decades if I were that lucky not to be capped and ceased. Let's hope a sensible visa processing system will be put in place soon.

Archived