Mrs Luvpants has her first telephone interview!!!

mr luvpants

We got an email this morning from Allamanda Hospital on the Gold Coast asking when Lisa was available for an interview for a Nurse position. We will email them back tonight with a time for the end of the week so we have plenty of time to research the hospital.

Can anyone give any pointers as to what to research and what questions to expect please?

JOHN

congratulations Lisa,

I had a face to face interview, but got asked a few scenario's 'what would you do if' type things.... what was my nursing history, where and what type of work I did. Strengths/weaknessess, usual type of interview stuff.. Why did I want to come to Australia. What my hubby did.

hope this helps.... but just relax, be yourself and you will be fine..... and if you are, by some remote chance not offerred a job there, then there are loads of other hospitals in Brisbane.... just be sure you want to go to the gold coast.... its a bit touristy.

Hi, I had a phone interview for a nursing post at the start of last week. As interviews go it was rather relaxed compared to the UK.

They asked my about my professional work history/ skills, then there was a few scenario's, the role of the MDT and how i'd deal with professional conflict.

I'm still waiting to hear the outcome, but the following day they requested referrences from my UK employers which i'm hoping is a good sign??

I've still got my fingers crossed tho as its a good job in Mornington which is where we want to locate too.

Good luck

Ian

Good luck with it, as the other poster says if you don't get the job there, and you weren't set on the Gold Coast, you could try up on the Sunshine Coast which is lovely up there, and I spent a night in Nambour Hospital there recently and found them great (had a UK Dr in Emergency)

We got an email this morning from Allamanda Hospital on the Gold Coast asking when Lisa was available for an interview for a Nurse position. We will email them back tonight with a time for the end of the week so we have plenty of time to research the hospital.

Can anyone give any pointers as to what to research and what questions to expect please?

JOHN

Hooray tell Lisa good luck when I had my telephone interview it was midnight uk time so real layed back interview in my PJs as other people have said work history senario also look at australias health reform they have been pushing that for the last few weeks someone I know works at allamanda hospital will pm her details to you.

Bit of a long way for you to cycle John:policeman: but what you do in the name of love is great:biglaugh:

Archived