State Migration Plans and State Sponsorship

Alan Collett

I wish the Government would just offer people the opporunity to cancel their application and have their fee refunded. Then they should then only take the fee at the point they are about to look at your application and then your application would be processed based on the rules at that time. You then have the option to proceed or not. It is daylight robbery.

I will be completely gutted if we are on the SMP but the only way to get it is to apply again and pay for a whole new application fee! yet another money spinner and licence to print money!

Once again we sit and wait patiently for someone to decide on our future!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The DIAC fee is only 1/10 of total cost associate with the visa , I think DIAC should refund the entire cost of application if they have failed to process them within timeline and then are put under the AXE (CAP & Seize or Kill) .

Also having option to withdraw if the application has not be assigned to CO for more than 2 years should also provide full refund (including expenditure on Skill Assements ,medicals , other costs , police clerance etc)

It strikes me that there are two possible reasons why existing state nominations won't automatically be upgraded to being on the SMP.

1. The states might have additional criteria for SMP places, such as IELTS scores, age, funds and so on.

2. There might be a limited number of places available.

I understand that there are states which are very keen to use the SMP to clear their backlogs, particularly the tradespersons as well as those who have been waiting a long time, and they might not share the Minister's ideological fervour about being able to micromanage who comes into the country and in which order.

Therefore I would expect the SMPs to be capable of including existing sponsored applicants, and if a state does not take that opportunity then that state could be held responsible for postponing the lives of thousands of existing applicants.

Cheers,

George Lombard

I understand that there are states which are very keen to use the SMP to clear their backlogs, particularly the tradespersons as well as those who have been waiting a long time, and they might not share the Minister's ideological fervour about being able to micromanage who comes into the country and in which order.

Therefore I would expect the SMPs to be capable of including existing sponsored applicants, and if a state does not take that opportunity then that state could be held responsible for postponing the lives of thousands of existing applicants.

Cheers,

George Lombard

where are the SMPs are they out yet????

Cheers,

George Lombard

well said that gentleman................

Guest jains005

Cheers,

George Lombard

can we expect a new priority processing on revocation of csl???

Guest GemandJay

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks George

Fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed that you're right oh and that us tradies are on the new SMP's although I am not holding out much hope after reading so much about us oldies being leap frogged or having to re-apply, I just don't know what the hell is going on or what to believe anymore..... my brain is frazzled and I am totally confused.

Gemma

:arghh:

I applied for and received state sponsorship to Victoria on the 9/02/2010, this was attached to my 175 visa application which was put in on the 13/10/2008. DIAC confirmed that 176 was attached and the commencement date will remain at the 13/10/2008, I phoned DIAC and they told me that I would receive priority processing once the state migration plans are in place after July 1st, because my application has been in the pipeline since 2008. And now I have to wait until August 1st for Victoria to come up with a migration plan, why the delay?, what have they been doing for the last few months, all the states knew they had to come up with a plan, I can only assume that the immigration minister is messing them around as well as us, everyone seems paralysed by indecision by one man. My solution, get rid of Chris Evans, stop promoting and accepting skilled migration visa's until such a time that all outstanding visa's have been dealt with, under the criteria that was applicable at the time, and then come out with the new criteria for skilled immigration and start from there, My trade of automotive electrician is on the SOL, I have state sponsorship, which incidently only took a week to be given ( I was initially excited because of the speed of acceptance ), but I still don't seem to have any priority at all, and they are still banging on about the CSL list, which I thought had been revoked, and to top it all I may have to put in for state sponsorship again, which will mean a new skill assessment to fit in with ANZSCO, once the migration plan comes out. It's a nonsense that new applications should be given a higher priority over applications that have been waiting for a considerable amount of time, I am at the end of my tether, can somebody please shine a light at the end of the tunnel.

hi absolutely gutted after reading all these threads, was feeling quite good about visa situation, not now.

applied for 175 in oct 08, applied for WA SS nov 09 received SS a month ago sent forms backby email - havent heard a thing from WA or DIAC ( which didnt expect until after 1st july )

felt really good as my occupation of hairdresser on all lists on new SOL list, now i read that we might have to re-apply for new SMP. GUTTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Why should we have to re-apply when we have jumped through every hoop they have thrown at us, we should automatically move over to SMP and CAT2, why should we wait another 2-3 years and all the newbies from today get straight to the top ( no offence to the newbies, just naffed off )

I just want to live in australia doing my job, giving myself to the country and I feel like its never going to happen, I want this more than anything for both of my children and their future

Lets hope that the outcome will be better than the speculation.

april:arghh:

Cheers,

George Lombard

I second that George. I hope your expectation is spot on.

John

Guest Bootco

I absolutely "third" that. A requirement to re-apply for SS/SMP would probably prove terminal in our case.

Richard

hi absolutely gutted after reading all these threads, was feeling quite good about visa situation, not now.

applied for 175 in oct 08, applied for WA SS nov 09 received SS a month ago sent forms backby email - havent heard a thing from WA or DIAC ( which didnt expect until after 1st july )

felt really good as my occupation of hairdresser on all lists on new SOL list, now i read that we might have to re-apply for new SMP. GUTTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Why should we have to re-apply when we have jumped through every hoop they have thrown at us, we should automatically move over to SMP and CAT2, why should we wait another 2-3 years and all the newbies from today get straight to the top ( no offence to the newbies, just naffed off )

I just want to live in australia doing my job, giving myself to the country and I feel like its never going to happen, I want this more than anything for both of my children and their future

Lets hope that the outcome will be better than the speculation.

april:arghh:

Hi April

My wifes timeline is almost the same as yours we got WA ss in Mar she is a Haidresser also.

Fingers crossed for you also

Julia Gillard spoke of a two speed immigration policy, and taking George's comments (above) with those from NSW that they might not produce a SMP suggests that these might be the mechanism that control the flow.

WA has a desperate need for tradies, whereas NSW needs the odd computer programmer and accountant. So the former is likely to be a major destination for migrants for the foreseeable future, whereas the latter might only receive a few.

Guest Gollywobbler
Julia Gillard spoke of a two speed immigration policy, and taking George's comments (above) with those from NSW that they might not produce a SMP suggests that these might be the mechanism that control the flow.

WA has a desperate need for tradies, whereas NSW needs the odd computer programmer and accountant. So the former is likely to be a major destination for migrants for the foreseeable future, whereas the latter might only receive a few.

Hi Graemsay

I noticed Julia Gillard's cryptic remark about a two speed immigration policy to control a two speed problem. God knows whether anyone except Gillard knew what she was talking about.

I don't think they have shown us this new two speed immigration policy and how it is supposed to work. I think that that is a future horror story that the Minister for Immi is quietly hatching up with his lackeys.

Cheers

Gill

Guest reddragon81
Hey Graemsay I have a clear picture of what you are saying

However, how can you possibly say that it might only take a couple of weeks to process all the SS CSL applications + all the NON CSL applications? What I mean is do you happen to have a figure or any kind of idea of how many CSL applications are currently placed in the queue?

@Graemsay: Up

Guest Paul The Plumber

Just want to check that i have this right. I believe that i can't apply for a 176 visa untill i have sponsership under a SMP. Therefore i still can't lodge my visa application even though the ban on applications has now been lifted. Is the correct, or is there anyway i can get the application started. I'm ready to apply, with vetasses in place and forms filled out.

Guest micky38

Just like Paul the plumber I 'm ready to apply for 176 visa( nurse for SS WA). I'm still waiting....

Archived