Is the world cup fixed?

tracy123

Now I’m sure some will read this post and think this is nothing more than sour grapes and that’s fine but think about the consequences for England!

We all know most countries don’t like the new ball, to me that’s just tough luck, everyone is playing with the same ball and have the same problems, but I think it’s wrong that Germany have had the ball longer than any other team and because the ball is so different it has given them an advantage.

Now is this the reason why Australia lost by so much? Who knows? But if Germany keeps thumping their opponents will it be because they are the best team or because they have an advantage? Is this a German sports manufacturer trying to engineer a win for their own country? Even Adidas admit that it gave Germany an edge!

Carragher watched Germany's four-goal destruction of Australia on Sunday night at SA2010 and says Joachim Loew's team were more comfortable in possession than any of the sides he has seen in the tournament so far.

Clubs in the Bundesliga, who are affiliated with adidas, have been playing matches with the ball since January 1, but the Premier League uses a Nike ball because of its commercial tie-ups and the FA have a contract with Umbro.

"It gives them an advantage, that is obvious because the ball is very different," said Carragher.

"We start every training session by passing 30 or 40 yards to each other for that reason alone, so I am sure it has helped them.

"They played so well last night that we are trying not to hype them up too much. That they might have been playing with the ball is something to cling to anyway. I have had two or three texts about it.

"When you are creating a ball for the World Cup the idea is to create more goals. But every cross I have seen has been over-hit. It goes over the back post.

"I haven't seen anyone get a free-kick over the wall yet. It just seems to sail straight over the bar.

"People thought there would be more goals but, apart from Germany, I don't think there have been too many goals."

An adidas spokesman supported Carragher's theory, claiming the countries who have had more practice with the Jabulani are having less trouble with it.

Now I’m sure some will read this post and think this is nothing more than sour grapes and that’s fine but think about the consequences for England!

We all know most countries don’t like the new ball, to me that’s just tough luck, everyone is playing with the same ball and have the same problems, but I think it’s wrong that Germany have had the ball longer than any other team and because the ball is so different it has given them an advantage.

Now is this the reason why Australia lost by so much? Who knows? But if Germany keeps thumping their opponents will it be because they are the best team or because they have an advantage? Is this a German sports manufacturer trying to engineer a win for their own country? Even Adidas admit that it gave Germany an edge!

you have a good point , but i dont understand why they always change the ball in some sort of way just before these major tournaments.....?

Guest guest37336

The players should thank their lucky stars that the technology is there now to make a ball that is an improvement in the long term.

I remember as kid playing football with my mates and we had a leather ball with the old lace up opening. Jesus one header of the ball and if caught in the wrong position a trip to casualty as the bloody stitching would imbed itself in your skull.

God forbid if it was raining, the old leather would act as a mop and soak the rain up. If you tried to header the bloody thing it would knock you unconscious, and when you kicked it the ball felt like a breeze block.

Ahhh, those were the days. I still have the scars to prove it.:biglaugh:

you have a good point , but i dont understand why they always change the ball in some sort of way just before these major tournaments.....?

£/$ thats why,i must admit,when i read all the whingeing from the players about this ball i thought it was a load of arl toffee,but it IS flying all over the place!

Hardly seen a freekick test a goalie yet and theres been loads of overhit passes/shots,for me it is having a detrimental effect on the tournament,and i never thought i'd say that.

Maybe Lpool were playing with this ball in the prem last year,thats the reason then!:radar::biglaugh:

The players should thank their lucky stars that the technology is there now to make a ball that is an improvement in the long term.

I remember as kid playing football with my mates and we had a leather ball with the old lace up opening. Jesus one header of the ball and if caught in the wrong position a trip to casualty as the bloody stitching would imbed itself in your skull.

God forbid if it was raining, the old leather would act as a mop and soak the rain up. If you tried to header the bloody thing it would knock you unconscious, and when you kicked it the ball felt like a breeze block.

Ahhh, those were the days. I still have the scars to prove it.:biglaugh:

I agree back in my day LOL

BUT the problem is if you were practicing with the leather ball, and your mates down the road had a new ball and that's the ball that was played with, that would give an unfair advantage.

I think most countries were offered the opportunity to use the new ball last season. Most didn't, the Germans, and a couple of others, did.

This is the reason why

Clubs in the Bundesliga, who are affiliated with adidas, have been playing matches with the ball since January 1, but the Premier League uses a Nike ball because of its commercial tie-ups and the FA have a contract with Umbro

The balls been out for months. Every country has had the opportunity to play with it but...

You'll probably find that the Bundesligue match ball is sponsored and supplied by Adidas, hence the reason for it's introduction. Whilst I believe the match ball in the Premiership is sponsored and supplied by Nike. With England's ball is supplied by Umbro (Now owned by Nike). Even if they wanted to introduce the ball in the Premiership mid season they couldn't due to contractual obligations. If Nike sponsored the World Cup then I'm sure the Premiership could introduce the new ball mid season just like the Germans did.

So no conspiracy in my opinion. It's not Adidas's fault that the Premiership and FA are under contract from other companies. If anything, it's the Premiership's and FA's commercial policies that prevented the ball being used by the English players.

The balls been out for months. Every country has had the opportunity to play with it but...

You'll probably find that the Bundesligue match ball is sponsored and supplied by Adidas, hence the reason for it's introduction. Whilst I believe the match ball in the Premiership is sponsored and supplied by Nike. With England's ball is supplied by Umbro (Now owned by Nike). Even if they wanted to introduce the ball in the Premiership mid season they couldn't due to contractual obligations. If Nike sponsored the World Cup then I'm sure the Premiership could introduce the new ball mid season just like the Germans did.

So no conspiracy in my opinion. It's not Adidas's fault that the Premiership and FA are under contract from other companies. If anything, it's the Premiership's and FA's commercial policies that prevented the ball being used by the English players.

Would Adidas not know this? :idea:

The simple fact is, is the ball is so different and a team wins that has played with that ball since Jan then the world cup is fixed! :GEEK:

I agree back in my day LOL

BUT the problem is if you were practicing with the leather ball, and your mates down the road had a new ball and that's the ball that was played with, that would give an unfair advantage.

I dont think anyone can argue that the germans are the ONLY team to have played really well up to now?

Is it because their used to the ball,or just a coincidence? could be either i suppose,but even brazil were ballooning it out of play last nite!,i DO think it has given the germans an advantage,but a "fix"?nah not a fix,its the bundesliga's good luck that they use the ball.

Another thing is that unlike a lot of nations at the WC most of germany's team play in their "home" lge,so all will be used to it.

One thing i do know is that (up to now) hardly any team has played as well as they did in the qualifiers,is it the ball,WC nerves,first game nerves?i dont know,but they have all been poor up to now.

I dont think anyone can argue that the germans are the ONLY team to have played really well up to now?

Is it because their used to the ball,or just a coincidence? could be either i suppose,but even brazil were ballooning it out of play last nite!,i DO think it has given the germans an advantage,but a "fix"?nah not a fix,its the bundesliga's good luck that they use the ball.

Another thing is that unlike a lot of nations at the WC most of germany's team play in their "home" lge,so all will be used to it.

One thing i do know is that (up to now) hardly any team has played as well as they did in the qualifiers,is it the ball,WC nerves,first game nerves?i dont know,but they have all been poor up to now.

but what happens if germany keep playing that well? Is it because they are the best team???????

Up until the 1st game germany didnt have great odds because they have a new team, now I'm not trying to take anything away from them but there is an advantage germany have and that advantage could be enough to win! Remember England could be playing against them in a few weeks....... What then?

The reason Germany scored 4 goals was because Australia were pants! Cahill isn't a striker and never will be, best employed as an attacking midfielder. The rest of the squad is overated, none more so than Lucas Neill.

Hopefully we'll avoid Germany in the next round, cos at best we are a pretty average team.

So what would you say if you found out the ball was designed by an Englishman?

Dr Andy Harland - Adidas World Cup jabulani ball inventor offers advice to England team - mirror.co.uk

Anyway..... Chile seem to being just fine.

If the ball was designed by Nike or umbro and it gave the English an advantage above most I'd still be writting this thread, now if it was Australia.......................:idea:

IMHO all teams should go into the world cup equal, and it should be the skills of the players that help win the WC not a ball :wink:

The reason Germany scored 4 goals was because Australia were pants! Cahill isn't a striker and never will be, best employed as an attacking midfielder. The rest of the squad is overated, none more so than Lucas Neill.

Hopefully we'll avoid Germany in the next round, cos at best we are a pretty average team.

So are germany on paper

Guest fearfactory

Case of 'carpenter blaming his tools' IMO. Ball and altitude are claimed be the most important factors in ball flight at this world cup so dont think its fair to say the Germans have completely mastered the kick of the ball as much as anyone else has so far. At the end of the day, it still requires plenty of skill to place a ball where a player wants it to go. Lame excuses from teams are two a penny in any crap disco when things are not goin right for them. I say, shut up and get on with it. Concentrate on your own campaign and dont be worrying about anyone elses.

Australia were NEVER going to beat Germany, even if Germany put out their worst players. 4-0 was a reasonable result when the game could have been 6 or even 8-0 considering how the game went. Putting a world class side against a team rated nowhere in the world is always goin to be a goal fest for the better side.

So are germany on paper

Klose, Podolski, Ozil, Gomez, Schweinsteiger,....These players alone would get into any team. Let's not forget this years Champions League Finalists were Bayern Munich whilst last years Eufa Cup finalists were Werder Bremen. Besides, the German teams aren't built on superstars but teamwork.

but what happens if germany keep playing that well? Is it because they are the best team???????

Up until the 1st game germany didnt have great odds because they have a new team, now I'm not trying to take anything away from them but there is an advantage germany have and that advantage could be enough to win! Remember England could be playing against them in a few weeks....... What then?

Lets face it geoff,its no suprise that germany played well the other nite,they usually do anyway,BUT their passing/ball retention seemed to be so much better than anyone else ive seen up to now,but also(im not baiting btw)australia were very poor.

The point im making is that even the likes of brazil seem to be overhitting/ballooning passes?

So in essence im agreeing with yer,its an advantage,but "not" a fix,nike "could" have won the contract off FIFA,thus giving brazil an advantage,its just the luck of the draw.

All i know is that teams who are usually good on the ball,passing wise etc have been mediocre at best up to now,lets see if the likes of brazil,italy etc up their game as the tournament goes on,then we'l have a better idea if the ball really is causing trouble?

Yes england could be playing them,but i only have one real love mate................lpool fc

The new ball has a thin steel sheet in its inner layer, and the Germans and South Africans have colluded and have embedded an array of controllable electromagnets in every one of the World Cup pitches, thus providing complete control (when needed) of the ball. That Brazil goal yesterday shows that they guy with the joystick hadn't quite got it right yesterday and swerved it into the goal instead of the side netting.

So it will be a Germany v SA final. The vuvuzeulas are there to hypnotise us all into not realising this.

Rob Green can now rest easily - it wasn't his fault! Anyway, it was reported in the paper yesterday that he caught the ball on the training pitch so all is well there.

You heard it hear first!:yes:

Lets face it geoff,its no suprise that germany played well the other nite,they usually do anyway,BUT their passing/ball retention seemed to be so much better than anyone else ive seen up to now,but also(im not baiting btw)australia were very poor.

The point im making is that even the likes of brazil seem to be overhitting/ballooning passes?

So in essence im agreeing with yer,its an advantage,but "not" a fix,nike "could" have won the contract off FIFA,thus giving brazil an advantage,its just the luck of the draw.

All i know is that teams who are usually good on the ball,passing wise etc have been mediocre at best up to now,lets see if the likes of brazil,italy etc up their game as the tournament goes on,then we'l have a better idea if the ball really is causing trouble?

Yes england could be playing them,but i only have one real love mate................lpool fc

Australia played poor and what really annoyed me was when their heads dropped when Cahill got taken off. So I agree with you 100%, and if a team (Australia included) can't get used to the ball well tough luck, you're not good enough to win!

I guess we'll see over the next few games how germany play if having the ball those extra few months has made the difference

The new ball has a thin steel sheet in its inner layer, and the Germans and South Africans have colluded and have embedded an array of controllable electromagnets in every one of the World Cup pitches, thus providing complete control (when needed) of the ball. That Brazil goal yesterday shows that they guy with the joystick hadn't quite got it right yesterday and swerved it into the goal instead of the side netting.

So it will be a Germany v SA final. The vuvuzeulas are there to hypnotise us all into not realising this.

Rob Green can now rest easily - it wasn't his fault! Anyway, it was reported in the paper yesterday that he caught the ball on the training pitch so all is well there.

You heard it hear first!:yes:

That'll explain the overhead camera. That's where the operators get there view point. Notice how that camera was introduced in the German World Cup. Maybe it was a trial run. Hmmmmmm.:skeptical:

Archived