Is the world cup fixed?

tracy123

I've always wondered what it would be like if the qualifiers were open ... there was a draw and you could play anywhere in the world (not possible due to the travel etc.,), but then the world cup finals would certainly have the best teams from around the world.

Australia played poor and what really annoyed me was when their heads dropped when Cahill got taken off. So I agree with you 100%, and if a team (Australia included) can't get used to the ball well tough luck, you're not good enough to win!

I guess we'll see over the next few games how germany play if having the ball those extra few months has made the difference

The aussie heads DID drop yes,very unlike the "up and at them" attitude you usually associate them with.

Your right btw,the 2nd and 3rd group games will say a lot more about wether the ball is causing problems or not.

The only point i was making is that teams who are "normally" great passing wise etc were'nt in their 1st games,loads of overhit shots and passes,the ball or just an off night?time will tell geoff

Guest fearfactory
Lets face it geoff,its no suprise that germany played well the other nite,they usually do anyway,BUT their passing/ball retention seemed to be so much better than anyone else ive seen up to now,but also(im not baiting btw)australia were very poor.

The point im making is that even the likes of brazil seem to be overhitting/ballooning passes?

So in essence im agreeing with yer,its an advantage,but "not" a fix,nike "could" have won the contract off FIFA,thus giving brazil an advantage,its just the luck of the draw.

All i know is that teams who are usually good on the ball,passing wise etc have been mediocre at best up to now,lets see if the likes of brazil,italy etc up their game as the tournament goes on,then we'l have a better idea if the ball really is causing trouble?

Yes england could be playing them,but i only have one real love mate................lpool fc

One thing not to forget is that the Brazil team of the present is nowhere as good or entertaining to watch as the Brazil teams of the past. Only player worth watching is KAKA. Robinho, Ilano....both failed in the premiership and Gilberto went to the dogs after he left Arsenal.

Comparing the German game and the Brazil game together is simply not possible. Germany had more or less a practice game against an Aussie side that ran out of steam once the first goal went in, whereas the Brazil game was more high temp and the opposition put plenty of pressure on them to get a result. Your always gonna get players (especially Robinho) 'ballooning' the ball over the bar at the slightest of chances and most players will try have a stab at any opportunity.

Not German myself, but i think they have a good team however i dont think they have a world cup winning side. Who knows we could all get a big surprise. But isnt that the beauty of the the world cup??

I've always wondered what it would be like if the qualifiers were open ... there was a draw and you could play anywhere in the world (not possible due to the travel etc.,), but then the world cup finals would certainly have the best teams from around the world.

They wouldnt do that tho mate,FIFA wouldnt risk no teams qualifying from ...asia for instance?

Thats the reason they have the oceanic group,asian group etc,so every region is represented at the WC

They wouldnt do that tho mate,FIFA wouldnt risk no teams qualifying from ...asia for instance?

Thats the reason they have the oceanic group,asian group etc,so every region is represented at the WC

I know .... but wouldn't it be great

One thing not to forget is that the Brazil team of the present is nowhere as good or entertaining to watch as the Brazil teams of the past. Only player worth watching is KAKA. Robinho, Ilano....both failed in the premiership and Gilberto went to the dogs after he left Arsenal.

Comparing the German game and the Brazil game together is simply not possible. Germany had more or less a practice game against an Aussie side that ran out of steam once the first goal went in, whereas the Brazil game was more high temp and the opposition put plenty of pressure on them to get a result. Your always gonna get players (especially Robinho) 'ballooning' the ball over the bar at the slightest of chances and most players will try have a stab at any opportunity.

Not German myself, but i think they have a good team however i dont think they have a world cup winning side. Who knows we could all get a big surprise. But isnt that the beauty of the the world cup??

Yeah,its not as entertaining as the past because Dunga is in charge,and is more dogmatic than entertaining.

Im not comparing the two games "as such",im just saying that even under no pressure there was a load of overhit passes.

As ive said,and afro said,time will tell if its the ball or not,might have just been an off night/first game nerves?

But altho i was "extremely" doubtfull wether this ball would cause trouble,it does "seem" to be the case up to now?as i say time will tell

Guest fearfactory
Yeah,its not as entertaining as the past because Dunga is in charge,and is more dogmatic than entertaining.

Im not comparing the two games "as such",im just saying that even under no pressure there was a load of overhit passes.

As ive said,and afro said,time will tell if its the ball or not,might have just been an off night/first game nerves?

But altho i was "extremely" doubtfull wether this ball would cause trouble,it does "seem" to be the case up to now?as i say time will tell

Yeah your right, Dunga plays a more 'conservative' team and they're not as flamboyant to watch as they used to be. Bit of a shame because they have plenty of talented players. Looking forward to Spain displaying a good game, well, here's hoping. Being a Liverpool fan, I hope Nando gives us something special.

Germany beat Australia because they are a far superior side, Australia are a weak side and that showed as someone else said it could have been a lot worse.

As for Brazil i thought they done well against a spirited well drilled side who got lots of men behind the ball and made it very difficult, Brazil were patient knowing they would eventually break through and scored two cracking goals, they will be there or there abouts the same as Germany.

Yeah your right, Dunga plays a more 'conservative' team and they're not as flamboyant to watch as they used to be. Bit of a shame because they have plenty of talented players. Looking forward to Spain displaying a good game, well, here's hoping. Being a Liverpool fan, I hope Nando gives us something special.

Well lets hope its not the last we see of him eh!i was going to do the double,villa+nando top scorer+spain to win it but thought...."nah they cant win the euro's AND the WC!",what ive seen up to now they can tho!:rolleyes:

Dont know if he's starting or not tho is he? dunga said he's fit tho ,i know that much

Guest Guest26012
I know .... but wouldn't it be great

HE says not neceessarily as if no teams were seeded you could have the top teams in the world in say group a and group b . The lowest sides clould be together in group c and d ,so in the finals you could get brazil,spain ,germany argentina and kazykstan, faroe islands , scotland and wales

Guest fearfactory
Well lets hope its not the last we see of him eh!i was going to do the double,villa+nando top scorer+spain to win it but thought...."nah they cant win the euro's AND the WC!",what ive seen up to now they can tho!:rolleyes:

Dont know if he's starting or not tho is he? dunga said he's fit tho ,i know that much

Id say its well possible they can. Plenty of teams that we thought would be flops have shown a little fliar. Agentina, N. Korea, Uruguay etc could all prove to be dark horses amongst the usual high standard performers so if Spain do win it, it would be well deserved I think. Should get all exciting after the group stages are over.

As for Nando. Jesus I hope he stays at liverpool. He said he would stay if Benitez left the club. That wish has come true so im hoping he commits to the club and helps pull us out of the trash. Then he'd be a true liverpool legend. Yossi is almost gone to Chelski (medical tomorrow). Good player though there are a few others id liken to have left the club first.

Id say its well possible they can. Plenty of teams that we thought would be flops have shown a little fliar. Agentina, N. Korea, Uruguay etc could all prove to be dark horses amongst the usual high standard performers so if Spain do win it, it would be well deserved I think. Should get all exciting after the group stages are over.

As for Nando. Jesus I hope he stays at liverpool. He said he would stay if Benitez left the club. That wish has come true so im hoping he commits to the club and helps pull us out of the trash. Then he'd be a true liverpool legend. Yossi is almost gone to Chelski (medical tomorrow). Good player though there are a few others id liken to have left the club first.

Ive been on "walkon.com" today and theres all differing news on yossi,i do think he's off tho,thats 2 creative players left!lol

Ah well,gonna go and watch spain now,i'l catch yer

Archived