OMG Job offer!!! wish me luck

PommyPaul

Guest Gollywobbler
Thanks everyone :) hope all your good karma will seal the deal lol !!

Yep Gill, as part of the package the job comes with a house, its at a place called tooma in the foothills of the snowy mountains so i better stock up un winter gear!!

It all sounded very positive in the phone interview yesterday evening, checked my call history and it was a 21 minute phone call and he went as far as explaining the salary package and telling me there'd be abit of a trial to start with....... just dieing for the phone to rung now so i can find out the final decision!

Hi Paul

Well, I would agree that the foothills of the Snowy Mountains sounds ideal.

A couple of years ago I had a long 'chat' in the Chat Room with a middle aged lady from that part of Oz. She gave me the names of several ski resorts and other nice places in the Snowy Mountains. I saved the chat log so that I could look up the places later. I found several pix and the whole area really did look lovely.

The pix of the bushfires on the plains in that area the following year were not so jolly. A lot of cows seemed to be to be severely threatened and might not have survived the fires, unfortunately.

Good luck with the job offer. I'm keeping everything crossed for you.

Cheers

Gill

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See what happens when you just let things take their natural course Paul, sometimes you have to let one thing go for the next thing to come your way, and here it is. It's a nice area, get your woolies out, but apart from that it would be great.

Guest cazbeckham

GOOD LUCK PAUL. You will get the job no worries.

We didn't even get a chance to meet up and now you could be off............... but best of luck with it all. Shout if you need anything.

Guest The Pom Queen

Paul, Good Luck hun.

I have to admit that part of me is sad you are moving on. You have been a member on PIO for a hell of a long time and have been a great bloke, not sure that there will be internet access if you get the job, (fingers crossed that you do) BUT, please as we are all sending you karma, if you are succesful, please don't forget to come back now and again and let us know how you are.

Hugs

Kate

WooooooooooooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Just got the phone call... and i've got the job!!! one month trial as the mechanic for the farm and if it doesn't work out as me being the mechanic they're happy for me to stay on as a farmhand.

Am stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PomsinOz needs a "like" button like Facebook has :-)

Really pleased for you Paul, congrats!

Thanks :) am soooooo happy you wouldn't beleive lol my hearts still going a mile a minute!

i've always been a big fan of the countryside and farming style work and this would have to rate as one of my dream jobs

WooooooooooooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Just got the phone call... and i've got the job!!! one month trial as the mechanic for the farm and if it doesn't work out as me being the mechanic they're happy for me to stay on as a farmhand.

Am stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooohooo :biggrin: congrats.

Thanks :) am soooooo happy you wouldn't beleive lol my hearts still going a mile a minute!

i've always been a big fan of the countryside and farming style work and this would have to rate as one of my dream jobs

Wonderful! It's really lovely to hear that not only have you got it but that it is a realisation of a dream. :hug:

massive thanks to all yous for crossing your fingers!!!! its quite possible i might not of happened without your support :)

honestly, i'm sooooooooooo happy... its a proper big aussie farm as well, 100000+ acres they supply seeds for crops worldwide, get to drive about and work on big fancy tractors, am in heaven lol

Archived