any kind souls out there to lend a hand

Mylady

Hi

I am busy booking flights as we have to validate by the 11th of September.My husband is leaving on the 1st of August and will reach Perth on the 2nd at 17:25.We know nobody down there and he will need accomodation around Perth.

Anyone know of somewhere really cheap where he could stay,he is gonna do his electrical A licence from the 09/08 to the 23/08 and will be at college the whole day,so basically looking for somewhere to sleep.We will join him a month later and hopefully he will have everything sorted and ready for us.We are not looking for anything expensive because to be honest everything we saved and thought we could afford has gone down the drain with the exchange rate. Even if someone has a spare back room it would be helpful.

Or better still if somebody could help us out by meeting him at the airport and showing him the ropes,we would be very grateful.

P.S I am not talking about relocation people who charge for their services.I am asking for some kind soul to lend a hand.

Thank You :wubclub:

Kind Regards

Mylady

Better to try and fail than fail to try

Guest rooperman

Hi Mylady,

If your husband is looking for somewhere cheap to stay for a couple of weeks I can recommend the Witch's Hat hostel. I stayed there for a couple of weeks on my travels last year - easily the best hostel by far that I stayed at (and I stayed in plenty!!). It is a great place with a real family atmosphere. Most of the people who I met when staying there were staying for months whilst working and loved it. It is also nice and quiet at night as it is in a suburb it has a curfew at 10.30 after which time no one is allowed to be outside drinking and making noise. It is about a 10 minute walk from the center of Perth, in a suburb next to Hyde Park.

Not sure if this was the sort of thing that you were looking for.

Cheers

Ben

Guest pom64
Hi

I am busy booking flights as we have to validate by the 11th of September.My husband is leaving on the 1st of August and will reach Perth on the 2nd at 17:25.We know nobody down there and he will need accomodation around Perth.

Anyone know of somewhere really cheap where he could stay,he is gonna do his electrical A licence from the 09/08 to the 23/08 and will be at college the whole day,so basically looking for somewhere to sleep.We will join him a month later and hopefully he will have everything sorted and ready for us.We are not looking for anything expensive because to be honest everything we saved and thought we could afford has gone down the drain with the exchange rate. Even if someone has a spare back room it would be helpful.

Or better still if somebody could help us out by meeting him at the airport and showing him the ropes,we would be very grateful.

P.S I am not talking about relocation people who charge for their services.I am asking for some kind soul to lend a hand.

Kind Regards

Mylady

Hi mylady

When your hubby gets of the plane and goes through customs he will find himself in arrivals when he dose in front of him will be the car rentals but on the left hand side of him as he just goes into arrivals there is a big board with hotels on it and phones ,which is free to phone the hotels up what i suggest is he picks one of the hotels from there as it is a car drive from the airport so if he dose he can get a taxi to that hotel which will cost about 35 to 40 dollars once there he can take his pick of hotels and bed/breakfast as there are hundreds of them but at least he will have a base when he gets there.hope that helps if you need more info please ask as we have just come back from validating ours and no what is what

Regards

pom64

Hi Mylady,

If your husband is looking for somewhere cheap to stay for a couple of weeks I can recommend the Witch's Hat hostel. I stayed there for a couple of weeks on my travels last year - easily the best hostel by far that I stayed at (and I stayed in plenty!!). It is a great place with a real family atmosphere. Most of the people who I met when staying there were staying for months whilst working and loved it. It is also nice and quiet at night as it is in a suburb it has a curfew at 10.30 after which time no one is allowed to be outside drinking and making noise. It is about a 10 minute walk from the center of Perth, in a suburb next to Hyde Park.

Not sure if this was the sort of thing that you were looking for.

Cheers

Ben

Hi

Thanks for the info just checked it out but hubby says he has passed the age of sharing rooms.It does look like a nice place.Do you perhaps know of any cheap long stay caravan/cabin sites.The ones that have cabins on the caravan site to rent out. Also maybe farm stays?

Thank you

Mylady

Hi

Kind Regards

Mylady

Hey there just sent you a pm!!!

Hi,

Billabong hostel on Beaufort St in Perth used to have single rooms, i stayed there and found it to be fine. But beware of some backpacker hostels, i booked one without seeing it first and it turned out to be the worse night of my life, it was disgusting and full of druggie losers.

Guest saskia

Hi we are in Perth my husband is an electrician and we are willing to help we can pick him up in Perth and either give him a room or we have a caravan as well we are also close to a railway line let us know what you decide. sandy

Guest scotty58

My friend says she can help she is having trouble logging on if you PM me I will give you her details

Guest saskia
Hi All

Thank you very much for all the replies but we have now secured accomodation with a lovely couple in Balcatta.We really appreciate your kindness and support.

Kind Regards

Mylady

So good to hear he has somewhere to stay hope everything goes smooth for you I have not been able to go on hear much at the moment we are of to Bali tonight for three weeks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, Have you got fixed up yet? Where will he be going to College?

Cheers

Paul

Hi

Thanks we are all sorted out now,he will be going to college in Balcatta and will be staying with a lovely couple there.

Thank you all for your help.:wubclub:

Archived