Shipping companies

mr luvpants

Hi John,

Oh, you're organised!! We are hoping to be out there around October time, so may end up going through all this at the same time, so look forward to hearing the responses. I havent booked shippers yet, as I was hoping to get the house de-cluttered in preparation for going on the market, and then once I was rid of furniture I didnt need, get the shippers in for quotes.

Have you sold your house yet? I know you've booked your flights for xmas. We are just worried about booking flights just now in case it doesnt tie in with the house sale.

I cant remember where you were looking, was it Caloundra area?

Shaz

Guest wendy31ray

Hi were just in the process of waiting to hear if we've got our visa fingers crossed the shipping company were using is Britannia Appleyard in south yorkshire we've been given a really good price for shipping our stuff goodluck hope this helps

wendyxx

Hi were just in the process of waiting to hear if we've got our visa fingers crossed the shipping company were using is Britannia Appleyard in south yorkshire we've been given a really good price for shipping our stuff goodluck hope this helps

wendyxx

WE used Brittania and they were brill ,the advice they gave you (tricks of the trade) and the packin guys were first rate

mally

Hi John,

Oh, you're organised!! We are hoping to be out there around October time, so may end up going through all this at the same time, so look forward to hearing the responses. I havent booked shippers yet, as I was hoping to get the house de-cluttered in preparation for going on the market, and then once I was rid of furniture I didnt need, get the shippers in for quotes.

Have you sold your house yet? I know you've booked your flights for xmas. We are just worried about booking flights just now in case it doesnt tie in with the house sale.

I cant remember where you were looking, was it Caloundra area?

Shaz

Hi Shaz

Yes, House all sold. Got an offer we could not refuse and we have been in rented for the last 4 months. We were looking at the SC however it will depend on where Lisa gets offered a job. We are party animals and there seems to be a lot going on down the gold coast so that looks appealing. Whatabout you?

JOHN

Hi John, we are booked with Doree Bonner who are coming out next wednesday and thursday to pack all our stuff up, Not the cheapest or most expensive but we found them to be the most helpful,

Will let you know how they shape up after they have been and gone! x

Guest JUSTINandLENKA

Hi, If your coming to Melbourne avoid Crowne! They lost practically every screw, damaged various items and the insurance claim process is designed so that you give up and dont bother. cheers Justin

Guest guest36187

We used Simpsons shipping, based in Kent! Fantastic service. Nowt broken adn delivery ahead of estimated time!

Hi Shaz

Yes, House all sold. Got an offer we could not refuse and we have been in rented for the last 4 months. We were looking at the SC however it will depend on where Lisa gets offered a job. We are party animals and there seems to be a lot going on down the gold coast so that looks appealing. Whatabout you?

JOHN

John,

I've pm'd you,

Shaz

Hiya, we haven't made the move yet but have used crown, santa fe (are they in the UK?), PSS and brittania before for international house moves.

TBH between the big companies they are all much of a much and it's a bit luck of the draw. There'll be someone to sing the praises of and another to slate each of them.

At the end of the day you might choose based on a great sales rep but you will likely never deal with them again anyhow.

Thereafter it's really down to your packing team - some are fab and some are lazy oiks and need managing ;) - and then whether you can get a helpful office person to contact therafter or a jobsworth.

I'd probably just haggle for the best price between the well known companies.

Hiya, we haven't made the move yet but have used crown, santa fe (are they in the UK?), PSS and brittania before for international house moves.

TBH between the big companies they are all much of a much and it's a bit luck of the draw. There'll be someone to sing the praises of and another to slate each of them.

At the end of the day you might choose based on a great sales rep but you will likely never deal with them again anyhow.

Thereafter it's really down to your packing team - some are fab and some are lazy oiks and need managing ;) - and then whether you can get a helpful office person to contact therafter or a jobsworth.

I'd probably just haggle for the best price between the well known companies.

This is all very very true - some great advice :wink:

Hi!

We are moving out there very quickly, we should hopefully be in Perth at the beginning of June, the company are dealing with the shipping but they want us to have 2 surveys, so far Brittania Appleyard have been out to see us and they were fantastic, really gave me confidence about the whole process, its true what previous posters have said, they know so many little tips that you simply would not think about but what impressed me the most was that they deal with you like they are shipping out their own property, they really do care. Obviously the 'proof is in the pudding' and I will update at the other end to let you know how it went!!

Jessie xx

Guest fergie family

Hi

We have just booked White&Co the rep was really helpful. My sister-in-law used them 3 years ago and said they were fab.

Susan

Hi Susan,

I went to the emigration show last year in Edinburgh and White & Co seemed very good when speaking to them, and quite reasonable. Can I ask, were they the best quote or was it other reasons you went for them?

Thanks

Shaz

I have taken your advice peeps and have just telephoned all the companies recommended and booked appointments with them all. Thanks again.

JOHN

I did this John, I had out 6 companies altogether - now I'm drowning in shipping quotes and havn't got a clue which I am going to go with !!!!!:goofy:

It wouldn't be too bad if you were comparing Apples for Apples, but they are all slightly different services and inclusions/exclusions. I am gunna have to sit down this weekend, with hubby and try to get my head round it!

Melanie x

Hi Susan,

I went to the emigration show last year in Edinburgh and White & Co seemed very good when speaking to them, and quite reasonable. Can I ask, were they the best quote or was it other reasons you went for them?

Thanks

Shaz

white & co where alot cheaper than the other quotes we recieved !!! i were even told by one company oh we dont do south wales !!! to far !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

although white & co then use a company based in australia to deliver the goods xx my experience with them was fantastic x (because i am in melbourne xxx kent and co then arranged everything over here but i did not need to do anything it was done between the companies xxx my container arrived in port and within 5 days was delivered and unpacked to my rental !!! i was even left with boxes to move on at a later date and they will come and collect them (see my posting on my experience with white !!!!)

good luck guys xxx

you can sort your own insurance although because you put the value to everything being shipped and the cost to what it is worth to buy new again it actually makes you think !!!!!

and because you are not wrapping and packing they are !!!!!!!!

we personally took out their insurance as if anything was broken they were responsible !!!!! i got one broken plate and they asked did i want to claim !!! also because everything was loaded on the container on my drive !! i saw it was sealed ! and signed that it was sealed when left my sight !

Guest fergie family

Hi Shaz

Yes they were the best quote. I had Doree Bonner and Allied Pacific out. Doree Bonner's first quote was £3935 and when I told them

Hi Susan,

Thanks

Shaz

Guest fergie family

Sorry dont know what happened there as I was saying I go Doree bonner down to £3650 and Allied Pacific came in at £3600. Whites came in at £3595 but got them down to £3500. I chose Whites because the rep was the nicest and explained everything and I just got a good feeling about them. Also that my sister-in-law used them and said they were great.

Susan

Hi Susan,

Thanks

Shaz

Guest fergie family

Hi John

Yes you can choose your own Insurance. We went with Letton Percival, a lot of people on here went with them they are only 1.6% and the shippers charge 3% so a lot cheaper.

Susan

Can you sort out your own insurance or do you have to go through them?

JOHN

Archived