Shipping companies

mr luvpants

Sorry dont know what happened there as I was saying I go Doree bonner down to £3650 and Allied Pacific came in at £3600. Whites came in at £3595 but got them down to £3500. I chose Whites because the rep was the nicest and explained everything and I just got a good feeling about them. Also that my sister-in-law used them and said they were great.

Susan

Hi Susan,

What size of container is that for? And, is that an all inclusive price, other than the insurance, as I see you got that separately?

Shaz

Guest fergie family

Hi Shaz

It was for sole use of a 20' container. I was told I would only fill it 3 quarters and that I could buy extra bits and pieces to put in.

Susan

• 3 months later...

Just an update on my earlier post! Our container arrived in Fremantle on 29/06/10 and it was delivered to us on 06/07/10 by a company called CHESS.

Two guys came and unloaded the container, unpacked the boxes and put all the furniture back together, they were very complimentary about how Britannia Appleyard had packed everything back in the UK and said that they had left such clear instructions that everything could be easily re-assembled. I have to say that not a glass or pot was broken, not a nail or screw was missing and everything arrived as immaculate as it left the UK. All in all the process was a stressless as these things can be, I cannot recommend Britannia Appleyard highly enough and out of the 2 quotes we received there's was the cheapest by $1000.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John,

We used EVL (European Van Lines) based in London. They were by far cheaper than anyone else and we were initially a little apprehensive because of this, but they were absolutely fantastic ! The removal lads and the packing was excellent. Only thing that got damaged was a wooden headboard on my sons bed which wasn't a huge issue so long as the TV got here in one peice !!!

Alison

Hi John,

We used EVL (European Van Lines) based in London. They were by far cheaper than anyone else and we were initially a little apprehensive because of this, but they were absolutely fantastic ! The removal lads and the packing was excellent. Only thing that got damaged was a wooden headboard on my sons bed which wasn't a huge issue so long as the TV got here in one peice !!!

Alison

Can I ask what the price was??????

JOHN

Guest jason7167

not too happy with the service received from atlantis who are based in birmingham and leeds. our furniture was totally wrecked and had to claim 2k worth of damage. plus to replace it is very expensive over here unless you visit ebay/garage sales for second hand..so insure well! they agreed to unpack and remove packaging as part of the contract and we found that their agent handed it to a third party who in one statement said they would unpack but on the customs clearance question"did you pack the good yourselves" we answered yes as we were present at the time of packing and we completed the manifest for the drivers so we wasnt lying. however the additional agent used this as a way of NIL Unpack. so myself wife and 11 yr old had to unpack heavy furniture which took nearly a week as well as sort all the other bits. when we complained nobody wanted to know and were quite bad mannered. australia is lovely but the customer service isnt so great.....its risky to know who to trust because once its left the uk they have passed it on.just insure it well! infact what furniture we were short of we used some of the boxes..so found a silver cloud and turned it into a positive...hope this helps

• 1 year later...

I used Global Moving Systems based in East Sussex. I had 4 quotes and they were not only the cheapest but the most helpful, they made enquiries with customs on my behalf and kept me in the loop the whole time. I couldn't recommend them highly enough. Not a single item broken on arrival too!

WE used Brittania and they were brill ,the advice they gave you (tricks of the trade) and the packin guys were first rate

mally

Hi

Are you still Happy, I have John Appleyard coming tomorrow to quote, we are moving from Sheffield too!

Sarah

Archived