For those of us that love life "DOWN UNDER"

tracy123

Guest mark&robyn

We love it! So does the dog!

Great people, great scenery, great weather!

I love England but this is the place for me.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. food expensive Farmers Market unless she goes with Sez lol

2. cars expensive Dunt know

3. spiders only little uns

4. snakes never seen one sorry the two legged ones

5. insects only round your gaffe lol

6. drivers are **** TOO ****IN RIGHT

7. still got to work hard :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

8. beer expensive Wouldnt know :rolleyes:

Apart from that lot, yeh i love it here and wouldn't want to be anywhere else

Just thought I’d start up a thread for people that love living in Australia

It’s up to you, you can tell everyone why you love it or simply just put a smiley to register your vote. It seems sometimes that the anti Australia brigade make everything in Australia look all doom and gloom. I’m not after a bitchy thread, just a thread that new members or people worried “am I doing the right thing” can see that there are members who are happy and enjoying life down under.

We have been in Mount Martha Victoria for 18 months now, and love it. The weather is lovely, its now Autumn and beautiful sunny days of about 20-25c. The people are so friendly, teenagers polite and respectful. We have made some very nice new friends.

It was a very big deal for us to leave our son and two lovely granddaughters in the UK, but our daughters and their husbands are here. We are so grateful to be able to have come here and can't believe that we nearly did not take the plunge. There are some lovely state of the art houses here, it takes an age to get planning sorted out though.

We have been walking on the beach this afternoon at Balnarring and although it is the Easter holidays their were only 3 other families there. It is totally a different lifestyle, with families seeming less stressed and generally happier.

And to drive into Melbourne is so much easier than battling our way up the M4 or M3 only to sit in long queues way before we get into London.

Signed a very happy new Aussie.:v_SPIN:

Guest littlesarah

I love living here. It's not perfect (life never is), but right now I feel it is great for me. I've got a whole new career that I enjoy and that interests and challenges me. I've found a very high standard orchestra with which to play (that being my main interest). Seeing my husband happy at surfing most days and spending time with his family after 10 years away is also pretty awesome.

Oh, yeah, and I love a good Aussie meat pie too!

Guest soontobethere

Hi PIO, gona be sampling some of what you are all saying in 5 weeks time, me the wife and daughter hopefully daughters are heading for brisbane, 3 of us are totally bricking it but if we don't try me thinks we'll regret it, your post have given also us a sence of excitement THANKS.

Graham

Guest guest30038
I love living here. It's not perfect (life never is), but right now I feel it is great for me. I've got a whole new career that I enjoy and that interests and challenges me. I've found a very high standard orchestra with which to play (that being my main interest). Seeing my husband happy at surfing most days and spending time with his family after 10 years away is also pretty awesome.

Oh, yeah, and I love a good Aussie meat pie too!

So we disregard the rest of your post based on the fact that you like aussie pies? :wink:

kev

I couldnt think of being anywhere else. happy as a pig in poo. im not even sure what it is that makes it great here. I dont have family or any close friends here, I work bloody hard and have a minute amount of annual leave compared to in the uk, but my life doesnt feel complicated anymore. I have nothing to prove.

Its all gravey

I couldnt think of being anywhere else. happy as a pig in poo. im not even sure what it is that makes it great here. I dont have family or any close friends here, I work bloody hard and have a minute amount of annual leave compared to in the uk, but my life doesnt feel complicated anymore. I have nothing to prove.

Its all gravey

Well i`m happy as a pig in **** for ya ,know how you`ve felt rough for a bit , thats it now up and up

Mally

• 5 months later...
Guest siamsusie
Thanks for bumping this back up.I dont come on here as often as I did.Lots of posts just lately have made my blood boil,if I had posted any comments I think I would have had infractions coming my way.

Ditto... but at at least we are here and enjoying our lives Janine....I dont mind the negative when it is facual but slurs on peoples professions and demeanor sickens me.

Anyway we continue to enjoy a fantasic country.... Susie :hug:

Guest guest30038
Ditto... but at at least we are here and enjoying our lives Janine....I dont mind the negative when it is facual but slurs on peoples professions and demeanor sickens me.

Anyway we continue to enjoy a fantasic country.... Susie :hug:

Good for you gal, but personally, I hate it here. It's so expensive, uncultured, (do you know people actually go to the supermarket in their jim jams!) The beaches are pretty ordinary, it's too far from europe, they take the plss out of your accent, they won't give poms a job..........all my pommy friends are in imaginary jobs that those horrible aussies wouldn't give 'em............ you have to pay the dentist and optician, the commutes are awful, you can't get bisto, there's no tesco or asda, it's either too hot and humid or too cold and wet that the kids can't play out and even if they can, the flies and mozzies are legion, and horror of horrors!.............the bloody sausages are awful!

I'm off back! Oh sorry, it's so expensive here that I've had to live hand to mouth and can't afford the air fare back :cry:

kev

Guest siamsusie
Good for you gal, but personally, I hate it here. It's so expensive, uncultured, (do you know people actually go to the supermarket in their jim jams!) The beaches are pretty ordinary, it's too far from europe, they take the plss out of your accent, they won't give poms a job..........all my pommy friends are in imaginary jobs that those horrible aussies wouldn't give 'em............ you have to pay the dentist and optician, the commutes are awful, you can't get bisto, there's no tesco or asda, it's either too hot and humid or too cold and wet that the kids can't play out and even if they can, the flies and mozzies are legion, and horror of horrors!.............the bloody sausages are awful!

I'm off back! Oh sorry, it's so expensive here that I've had to live hand to mouth and can't afford the air fare back :cry:

kev

Well my friend, I always sensed this deep longing you possessed for the beaches of Blackpool and suppression is exceptionally bad for ones health!

Despite the fact that you are in possession of 27 fish tanks a huge house, swimming pool etc that underlying feeling for your old 2 up 2 down is obviously contributing to your dissatisfaction here in Oz.

Should we start a kitty:mad: for your removal from this huge red earth!

Susie x

Guest guest30038
Well my friend, I always sensed this deep longing you possessed for the beaches of Blackpool and suppression is exceptionally bad for ones health!

Despite the fact that you are in possession of 27 fish tanks a huge house, swimming pool etc that underlying feeling for your old 2 up 2 down is obviously contributing to your dissatisfaction here in Oz.

Should we start a kitty:mad: for your removal from this huge red earth!

Susie x

Yes please, and thanks for the reminder that all soil here is red and that the countryside is all the same and boring :biglaugh:

I also yearn for the downstairs toilet in my two up two down as I often pee myself here, whilst looking for one of the three bathrooms that I now have :rolleyes: pretty expensive as well, having to fill 3 toilet roll holders :arghh:

kev

kev

:yes:PMSL Kev you forgot to mention.There are NO donkeys on the beaches and you will struggle to find Kiss Me Quick hats.

Guest siamsusie
Yes please, and thanks for the reminder that all soil here is red and that the countryside is all the same and boring :biglaugh:

I also yearn for the downstairs toilet in my two up two down as I often pee myself here, whilst looking for one of the three bathrooms that I now have :rolleyes: pretty expensive as well, having to fill 3 toilet roll holders :arghh:

kev

3 Toilet roll holders:elvis: I have been short changed! I only have 2:cry:..

Guest guest30038
3 Toilet roll holders:elvis: I have been short changed! I only have 2:cry:..

That's fine as long as you only have two toilets :biglaugh:

I've still got that photo of you when you came to our place :wink:

147588416kUMqcH_fs.jpg

Guest siamsusie
That's fine as long as you only have two toilets :biglaugh:

I've still got that photo of you when you came to our place :wink:

147588416kUMqcH_fs.jpg

For gods sake dont put my piccie up in one of your three toilets for that Jimbo to knock down, you know how much bad luck breaking glass will give you eg.. you might have to live in Austrayyyyyyylia for the rest of your life:laugh:

Archived