Business Visa 163 capped

PARBUTTN

No, we aren't in any rush as our youngest is still in college here. Eldest at Uni but will validate then decide after graduating. Really want the youngest to come to Oz but NOT looking forward to paying international fees for Uni for him.

We have already had one visa (165 investor) but had to return to UK (dont' ask!!) and lost it as we couldn't meet residency requirements.

We have a house in the Adelaide hills which is currently rented out and really want to make it work this time - at least to get our citizenship in the longer term.

To be honest I could be happy in Uk or OZ - we have a lovely life here and there is a lot I will miss. It is different not necessarily better out there. We have good friends in Oz and UK but family all in UK and I know I will miss them.

Will probably put the house on the market when we have visa in hand and move to rented if need be, bought in 2007 when we came back to Uk though so not going to make any money on it just hope the exchange rate moves in our favour. Last time we went it was 2.4!

Nice to see that things are moving though I don't like the uncertainty of it all.

Mel

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, we aren't in any rush as our youngest is still in college here. Eldest at Uni but will validate then decide after graduating. Really want the youngest to come to Oz but NOT looking forward to paying international fees for Uni for him.

We have already had one visa (165 investor) but had to return to UK (dont' ask!!) and lost it as we couldn't meet residency requirements.

We have a house in the Adelaide hills which is currently rented out and really want to make it work this time - at least to get our citizenship in the longer term.

To be honest I could be happy in Uk or OZ - we have a lovely life here and there is a lot I will miss. It is different not necessarily better out there. We have good friends in Oz and UK but family all in UK and I know I will miss them.

Will probably put the house on the market when we have visa in hand and move to rented if need be, bought in 2007 when we came back to Uk though so not going to make any money on it just hope the exchange rate moves in our favour. Last time we went it was 2.4!

Nice to see that things are moving though I don't like the uncertainty of it all.

Mel

Hope it works out for you this time. Yes exchange rate is awful, hope that picks up. Let's hope we all hear some news soon.

Sue

Hi team crouch,

Yes I downloaded mine and sent them this week. Just remember from your meds and pcc checks you only have a year, so it limits your time to activate visa once granted. Depends how quick you are to move.

Hi team crouch,

Yes I downloaded mine and sent them this week. Just remember from your meds and pcc checks you only have a year, so it limits your time to activate visa once granted. Depends how quick you are to move.

OK, thanks for info. Just getting forms ready to go, so hopefully when asked to do them soon i can send straight off.

Guest michaelh

Hi

We are also waiting for a C/O on a business visa and I had hoped July1st would release the log jam, Has anybody had any progress since July 1st

Michael:daydreaming:

Hi Michael,

We lodged our 163 visa In December and are waiting for a C/O. We are also hoping for some progress now but have heard nothing yet, our agent has told us we should hear something in August but i see that there are quite a few people that applied way before us and have still heard nothing.

When did you lodge your visa?

Jamie

Guest michaelh

Hi

We lodged in October, we have heard nothing since but we are going over in August as we have bought some land to build a house on.

Just to say that Alan Collett (agent) posted on another forum that he has spoken to PBSPC and they are estimating that applications lodged in sept 09 will be allocated COs in Late August early Sept 10.

Nicki any news after the meds???

Not sure if that is allowed (it isn't the other way around). He didn't say much else though. Not sure if relevant to your case anyway as your sig line says you have applied for a 475 visa and this just relates to 163 visas which are processed in Perth.

Hi rammygirl,

We seem to be lucky and had co allocated 3 weeks ago, (Sept 09 lodgement) Meds done last week and PCC all done. After a desperate 2 years and planning to go in 8 weeks, my father in law suddenly passed away last week, so now all our plans up in the air. Will post when I hear anymore news.

nicki x

Guest keith T8

Hi Mel

Hope you don't mind me asking what went wrong with your 165 visa, i know you said don't ask but just wondering as that is the visa we have applied for!!!!!

thanks Keith.

Nothing went wrong with the visa itself. We just couldn't meet the residency requirements to apply for PR as we returned to the UK - we knew this so we also withdrew our bond.

Decided to go for the 163 this time as the combination of lower interest rates and exchange rates makes the bond more onerous. Last time we exchanged at 2.4 and got a really good interest rate on the bond.

Less stress with the 165 though if you are happy to tie up the funds.

Mel

Just to say that Alan Collett (agent) posted on another forum that he has spoken to PBSPC and they are estimating that applications lodged in sept 09 will be allocated COs in Late August early Sept 10.

Nicki any news after the meds???

getting even more despondent......:arghh: my agent says... yes looks like it could be a 12 month period to get a CO!!! :arghh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Hi everyone

The good news is that at least the exchange rate is improving, 1.77 to the pound up from 1.62 a couple of weeks ago. A forex guy from my bank predicted that it should return to about 1.9 by the end of the year!! House prices seem to be dropping as well due to the Aussie interest rates being so high. There might be a silver lining for having to wait after all.

What I can't get my head round is why they would de-prioritise business visas. The fact that anyone on a 163 has to invest money into some sort of business and create employment to get a permanent visa would have been more of a priority not less.

Not being bias (ok slightly I admit) but you would have thought they would prefer business applicants to skilled visas given the economic circumstances. Doesn’t make any sense to me.

Hi Nicki, I hope my pm reply got through to you ok.

Keep the faith everyone, good things come to those that wait (so they say!)

Regards

Jon

I hope is right....i wouldn't bank on it tho', its still going down hill!!!

Archived