QUEENSLAND PEEPS - Chit Chat & Catch up!

Taz2008

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mmm, I dont like the look of that, lets hope they are right and it sweeps off towards NZ before actually hitting QLD!

How do the houses hold up in the high winds? Are they built to deal with the sort of weather you get over there?

Tasha:wubclub:

A good question, mate; the local councils in the tropics have, since 1990, I think, put up covenants that all buildings within 1.5 km of any beach must comply with cyclone ratings.

I had to pay an extra 12.5% to build my house to the latest ratings and that was in 1995/6. Of course, it was an ad hoc situation before that. Indeed, my nextie on the left has a tin/fibro shed that was put up as a weekender 25 years ago.

Cheers, Bobj.

PS. 6 AM news: the cyclone is category 5 (the highest) and is travelling at 10kmh, heading for Lockhart River and in 24 hours is expected to turn south west towards the Qld coast at Townsville.

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest bindog1uk

Good Morning there Proview, hope you had a good weekend, i've been working both days, then onto dogwalking and then of to hospital, so I have'nt had much time to catch up on here:wacko:Hoping everyone has a good week, plenty of CO's and visa's, especially Tasha, who deserves a CO for all her hard work on here:wink: Have you had anymore thoughts on uploading your Pc's and meds, interesting to see other people's thoughts on the other thread about this subject, we might wait and see what happens with the new SOL list first and how that will change things for us, what do you think!:biggrin:Lesley

Good Morning there Proview, hope you had a good weekend, i've been working both days, then onto dogwalking and then of to hospital, so I have'nt had much time to catch up on here:wacko:Hoping everyone has a good week, plenty of CO's and visa's, especially Tasha, who deserves a CO for all her hard work on here:wink: Have you had anymore thoughts on uploading your Pc's and meds, interesting to see other people's thoughts on the other thread about this subject, we might wait and see what happens with the new SOL list first and how that will change things for us, what do you think!:biggrin:Lesley

Yes im waiting till May/ June 10

Proview

Guest bindog1uk

Hi Proview, have just got prices for meds in Cardiff, £362 for meds and £90.50 each for Xrays Total- £543, thinking of booking for May, but can't book yet they only book 4 weeks in advance. Going to a party in Bristol in May so will possably combine the two while the dogs are in kennels:biggrin:Cheers Lesley

Hi Proview, have just got prices for meds in Cardiff, £362 for meds and £90.50 each for Xrays Total- £543, thinking of booking for May, but can't book yet they only book 4 weeks in advance. Going to a party in Bristol in May so will possably combine the two while the dogs are in kennels:biggrin:Cheers Lesley

Your chancing it arent you, but like you say you never know they may put you at the top because you have had your medicals done, i suppose its a chance you take.....

Not a bad price for you either !!

Good Luck

Lindsey

Sometimes you just have to jump in with both feet! If you feel it's the right thing to do then go for it Hun.

Love

Rudi

x

Guest bindog1uk

Hi Lindsey and Rudi, have got a month to think about it and persaude OH, I think I am just fedup with all the delay's like everyone else, trying not to put your life on hold, but you know that you are in one sense. Just think that maybe once they are cleared out the way we can concentrate on putting our property on the market, that should be around July/August time, hopefully getting visa's just before Xmas, maybe wishfull thinking:yes:Lesley:wink:

Hi Lindsey and Rudi, have got a month to think about it and persaude OH, I think I am just fedup with all the delay's like everyone else, trying not to put your life on hold, but you know that you are in one sense. Just think that maybe once they are cleared out the way we can concentrate on putting our property on the market, that should be around July/August time, hopefully getting visa's just before Xmas, maybe wishfull thinking:yes:Lesley:wink:

My house is on the market already, but not sure weather to take it off or not and rent it incase all goes pear shaped when we get there !! Will see unless someone comes up with the right price !!

Am fed up with all the changes really gets you down sometimes, cant stand anymore changes really does your head in !!

Am hoping to have my visa before christmas then we would have started the ball rolling 2 years!!

My husband did his joiner vetesse test in feb 2009 and still not any closer !!

Good luck All !!

Hi Proview

Ment to ask how did they house viewing go? They turned up to ours but not heard anything back yet?

Lindsey

Funny you should ask that Lindsey,

I got a phone call about 1 hr ago to say the client wishes to bring her daughter back tomorrow for another viewing, and make an offer, so im hope for the best

Proview

Funny you should ask that Lindsey,

I got a phone call about 1 hr ago to say the client wishes to bring her daughter back tomorrow for another viewing, and make an offer, so im hope for the best

Proview

Hey Great news mate, fingers crossed for you !! Let me know how you get on tomorrow best of luck x

Hi Bobj, how are you coping today with the weather, has it hit you yet or moved away?:biggrin: Lesley

G'day mate, no change in the cyclone, except to say that it is now category 4.

We are starting to feel the tail-swipe; winds to 35mph (gale force) and seas to 3.5metres.

All the weather bureau computer models suggest it will track down the east coast. Another cyclone, named Thomas, has formed behind Ului and is battering Fiji; it is at category 4..

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
30th March here and I turn 30 that depressing

Hi onecrankypom

i turn 50 on the 30th march, i will swap you.

jim the ROPEY HOFF:chatterbox:Only 8 days to go before we validate our 175 pr visas in Brisbane.

Guest Sandisonsonthemove

Hi all

Bobj - hope you all keep safe whilst the cyclones pass. We had a tornado when we lived in Cyprus and it was very frightening. Came in bounced off the coast destroying a few thing on route and thankfully headed back out to sea. Just as well it did as there were several blocks of flats about half a mile away from where it hit so if it had come in ........!

Proview -fingers crossed with the house. Half of me thinks it would be wise to get it on the market now before the general election in case the markets etc fall apart afterwards but I suspect there will be a few people holding off just now as if the Tories get in they say they are going to raise the initial stamp duty band to £250,000. Whether or not that happens is a sticky question!

Waitinggame - Lindsey did you send off a query to DIAC via the website? We got a standard response back that evening but still waiting for a full reply. Will let you know what happens.

Tasha - keep up the good work hun you are keeping the rest of us sane. I think we all owe you a very large drink when we get there!!!

Take care all keeping fingers crossed for all of us.

Donna xxx

Guest washer rs

Hi Lesley,

I've just checked online with DIAC to see if there's any changes & at the top where it say's application received (175) next to that it say's processing commenced, now i can't remember if it said that before or not..?? What about yours..??

Tasha would this be that they've received my 1100 form & added it or was this already there from the original application & i didn't notice it..?? there has been no updated dates tho..

Thanks Jason

Hi Lesley,

I've just checked online with DIAC to see if there's any changes & at the top where it say's application received (175) next to that it say's processing commenced, now i can't remember if it said that before or not..?? What about yours..??

Tasha would this be that they've received my 1100 form & added it or was this already there from the original application & i didn't notice it..?? there has been no updated dates tho..

Thanks Jason

Hi Jason

I am very sorry to say, that ours said processing commenced and the date that our application was sent in.

Then it said application processed further about a month after we received our SS.

Hopefully yours will change soon.

Hi onecrankypom

i turn 50 on the 30th march, i will swap you.

jim the ROPEY HOFF:chatterbox:Only 8 days to go before we validate our 175 pr visas in Brisbane.

Hi Jim, hope you have a great time validating your visa! Sounds like you are going to be celebrating your 50th out there at the same time! Fantastic! Have fun :wink: Tasha

Guest washer rs
Hi Jason

I am very sorry to say, that ours said processing commenced and the date that our application was sent in.

Then it said application processed further about a month after we received our SS.

Hopefully yours will change soon.

Thanks Tasha

Thats ok, i thought it was to good to be true :sad: Just didn't remember seeing it before..

Jason :cool:

Hi all

Bobj - hope you all keep safe whilst the cyclones pass. We had a tornado when we lived in Cyprus and it was very frightening. Came in bounced off the coast destroying a few thing on route and thankfully headed back out to sea. Just as well it did as there were several blocks of flats about half a mile away from where it hit so if it had come in ........!

Proview -fingers crossed with the house. Half of me thinks it would be wise to get it on the market now before the general election in case the markets etc fall apart afterwards but I suspect there will be a few people holding off just now as if the Tories get in they say they are going to raise the initial stamp duty band to £250,000. Whether or not that happens is a sticky question!

Waitinggame - Lindsey did you send off a query to DIAC via the website? We got a standard response back that evening but still waiting for a full reply. Will let you know what happens.

Tasha - keep up the good work hun you are keeping the rest of us sane. I think we all owe you a very large drink when we get there!!!

Take care all keeping fingers crossed for all of us.

Donna xxx

Hi Donna

Still nothing back, been checking every morning but nothing there....i didnt even get an automated response...maybe i sent it to the wrong email address...will try again now !!

Let me know when u get a reply !!

Lindsey

Archived