Joiners, Carpenters, Plumbers, Bricklayers, Plasterers etc etc etc

Proview220

hehe not strictly true that is it carlos I am a fabricator /welder with 12 years site experience I read technical drawings everyday of the week !

Hi bug family

sorry mate I should no better..... I've got seniority..... 26+ years site experience..... bow down and accept defeat.......carpentry rules.... it was good enough for Jesus i recon that says it all .....AMEN..............OH...... by the way bug family....your drawing is upside down.........:biggrin::twitcy::hug:

Have a good weekend

Carlos

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Guest andyduez
will any construction Trades people be in a spot of bother here within the changes ????

have just joined poms in oz and am going to do my tra in bricklaying in a few wks time. would be grateful if anyone can give me advice on what they expect you to build on the day and what questions they are likely to ask

andyduez

have just joined poms in oz and am going to do my tra in bricklaying in a few wks time. would be grateful if anyone can give me advice on what they expect you to build on the day and what questions they are likely to ask

andyduez

If yer do a search (box at top of homepage)there will be threads on vetassess come up.

As far as i know,its a cavity wall return cut on a rake,two pillars with a sailor course and B.O.E coping,i got my visa a while back so didnt have to do it,but i "think" thats roughly whats involved,its not hard anyway

Guest GemandJay
Have you not lodged 176 yet, If carpenter is not on the new sol i would be very surprised, it should not affect people who have already lodged,

Hi Proview

Yeah we got SS for WA in Jan 2010, but I thought if Carpenter was on this new SOL list then we might bump up from Cat 5 to Cat 2 or am I totally on the wrong track??

:confused:

Hi Proview

Yeah we got SS for WA in Jan 2010, but I thought if Carpenter was on this new SOL list then we might bump up from Cat 5 to Cat 2 or am I totally on the wrong track??

That would be nice if that did happen, all us cat 5 would be happy to see us jump up to cat 2, yes your theory sounds good, many people have said the same thing, hope it will happen, if not we are in for a long wait.

Guest JK2510

Hi,

My OH is an air con engineer and were aiming to get to Perth(eventually). We have a 175 lodged march 09,a 176 lodged since december 09 and attempting an ENS(121) dont get me started on that nightmare!!! So im hoping air con engineers are on SMPs. There are soooo many jobs on the recruitment!! I dont come across air con engineers on PIO so im hoping we wont have trouble getting a job on a 176!!

Hi Proview

Hi Gemand Jay, you will only go to Cat 2 if you are also on the SMP list, which is different from the SOL and is also different from the state sponsor list. If I am right (not that I am ever) then States will have two lists the general state sponsor which they have just now and also they will have the SMP which will be the skills, that are in instant demand.

So if you are on the SOL and state sponsored you are still Cat 5. If you are on the SMP and state sponsored then you are Cat 2.

As I say I could be wrong. :goofy:

Hi Proview

Hi Gemma,

No one actually knows yet what the processing priorities will be once the new immigration year starts in July as they will be removing the CSL and MODL so it will have to change from what it is at the moment. However, I would think that Category 2 would be people who are on the SMP (State Migration Plan) and not necessarily the people on the SOL. Perhaps people on the SOL will be Priority 3, 4 etc etc... Lets hope we still get to move up a little... :biggrin:

I think that;

1 - ENS

2 - SMP

3 - SOL... and your guess is as good as mine!

Cheers

Tasha x

Guest Bootco

Hoping that as WA is desperate for miners and that miners and their families all need homes schools and hospitals etc all us construction tradies will be on the WA SMP!

Wishfull thinking or what?

Hi Proview

I was hoping this is going to be the case myself.......really hope so .....got my future invested in it.......wouldnt it be great......changes 1st July...now cat 2......case officer August.......xmas prezzie of a gift wrapped visa for 2010............. quick someone slap me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping this is going to be the case myself.......really hope so .....got my future invested in it.......wouldnt it be great......changes 1st July...now cat 2......case officer August.......xmas prezzie of a gift wrapped visa for 2010............. quick someone slap me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carlos....I have just gave you a slap...did you feel it .lol:cry:

Hi

Our visa was lodged 2008 (175 OH Joiner). We really had wanted to stay in either NSW or Queensland but they are not currently sponsoring joiners and we really do not want to wait another 2 years before our application is even looked at, we are now thinking that changing from 175 to 176 state sponsership would be our best/fastest option. I know this is pure speculation but do you think that NSW or Queensland may have joiners on their list when it does come out?

Thanks

Guest NeilanGemz

Does anybody know how long it takes to get your visa if you go the 175 route??? I'll be applying in the next couple of months after I get the result from my skills test next week (General Electrician)

I'm enrolled on a dergree which is going to take at least two years but if the visa comes first........welll I can always do a degree in Oz cant I.

Need sunshine and a break from the rat race that is the UK

Archived