Guest guest36187

11 hours ago, David Leask said:

I think the time frame is linked to your police and health checks. They will have a 12 month validity. You will have to move before they expire or you may have to re-do them. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

That would make sense I think. Thanks David.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

Thank you so much for this info Amanda - we've been trying to work out what to do about insurance since we got here six weeks ago and have had many conflicting bits of advice. I had been doing some online research this week and had just come to the conclusion that we should go with an offer of just under sixty dollars a month each for eyes, teeth and ambulance cover - your post has made me feel much happier about the whole business which I have found very confusing. Thank you!

Hi Fisher, glad it helped. I note your quote is $60 a month each. Ours is about that in total for the two of us. It can depend if you want low, med, or high cover for max returns (we are medium) and ours also takes into account the government rebate which is applied as long as you take it within 12 months of arrival. Perhaps check that has been applied to your quote too. Something else HBF advised me was that the year starts from 1 Jan. So although we joined only a short time ago we have a whole years allowance for those months. There was also a 'no wait' offer as some have waiting periods before benefits kick in. All in, I think we were lucky with ours. Good luck with yours ? Hope you're settling in well ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AmandaJB said:

Hi Fisher, glad it helped. I note your quote is $60 a month each. Ours is about that in total for the two of us. It can depend if you want low, med, or high cover for max returns (we are medium) and ours also takes into account the government rebate which is applied as long as you take it within 12 months of arrival. Perhaps check that has been applied to your quote too. Something else HBF advised me was that the year starts from 1 Jan. So although we joined only a short time ago we have a whole years allowance for those months. There was also a 'no wait' offer as some have waiting periods before benefits kick in. All in, I think we were lucky with ours. Good luck with yours ? Hope you're settling in well ?

Hi Amanda 

I signed up this morning and the final quote was just over twenty four dollars a fortnight for both of us. I had misunderstood the first quote and thought it was that much each. This morning I started again! I'm relieved to have something in place because it was starting to really worry me . I filled in the survey online and suggested that it might be good business for them to contact the poms in Oz website and  offer an information link.

We are beginning to feel a bit more at home in our house after almost four weeks. Although still waiting for our stuff from the UK we've got the basics and the Internet is on now. Getting a car was the big step forward for us - we like walking but we don't like having to walk:-) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

My initial arrival must be by 1st February 2018 to "validate" my visa. After that, I can come and go as I please up until 28September 2022, which is the last date of arrival.  So it would seem to be that you are given a few months to enter Australia and validate, and 5 years in total to actually move.  @Alan Collett probably has a more definitive answer though.  

Yes, the required initial entry date is driven by the date of medical examinations and police clearance certificates: the required entry date will be 12 months from the earliest date, which is why it usually makes sense not to undertake health examinations or obtain police certificates too early.

Permanent residency visas allow the holder to reside in Australia indefinitely.

They have a travel facility - ie they can be used for the purpose of entering Australia - for 5 years from the date of grant.

If you want to head overseas and return more than 5 years after the permanent visa is granted you must secure a Resident Return visa if you are not an Australian citizen by then.

A Resident Return visa is granted under subclass 155 or 157.   The Res Return visa with most flexibility is one that provides a travel facility for a further 5 years, which is available when you have resided in Australia for 2 years out of the last 5 years when you apply for the visa.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

Hi Amanda 

I signed up this morning and the final quote was just over twenty four dollars a fortnight for both of us. I had misunderstood the first quote and thought it was that much each. This morning I started again! I'm relieved to have something in place because it was starting to really worry me . I filled in the survey online and suggested that it might be good business for them to contact the poms in Oz website and  offer an information link.

We are beginning to feel a bit more at home in our house after almost four weeks. Although still waiting for our stuff from the UK we've got the basics and the Internet is on now. Getting a car was the big step forward for us - we like walking but we don't like having to walk:-) 

Hi Fisher1,

Good to see you got it sorted now, one less thing to do, and a great idea on the survey suggestion too ? 

So pleased you're settling in well. Once your goods arrive you'll really feel at home, we were about 6 weeks without ours and it was nice to unpack it all. We are out of the rental now and moved into our own place in June and are very settled! My husband has just got out of the pool and we've been admiring the beautiful blue sky, hot sun and fab bird songs, pretty blissful ! ?

Congrats on the car, it must be a lot easier now! Enjoy your continuing adventures ? 

• Like 3

Hi all,

Can anyone (or everyone?) comment on how long after they submitted their AOS via their respeective sponsor was the sponsor contacted (for a phone interview or otherwise)? Once contact was established was the payment advised to be made by the Centrelink? How soon after payment is made do you get a formal letter that one can then forward on to immigration? 

Thanks.

Edited by rahulshankar
Added extra information
  • Like 2

Hi all,
Can anyone (or everyone?) comment on how long after they submitted their AOS via their respeective sponsor was the sponsor contacted (for a phone interview or otherwise)? Once contact was established was the payment advised to be made by the Centrelink? How soon after payment is made do you get a formal letter that one can then forward on to immigration? 
Thanks.

For me, it took 3 weeks after submission of the AOS application. It then took a further 2 weeks for the Centrelink letter to arrive to present at the bank. Having submitted the AOS bond, it then took a further couple of weeks for the acceptance letter to arrive. I forwarded this letter to Immigration 10 days ago and have heard absolutely nothing since. Just keeping sitting on your hands and watch the paint dry!

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, elnak said:

Hi @Alan Collett

Please may I ask. My son who is our sponsor just recently became a citizen in Australia. Do we need to inform DIBP about his residency change and if so, what form do we need to submit?

Thank you so much.

This is the type of question where I can advise if you are a fee paying client.

Am happy to advise on general issues, but this is an issue that is too specific to your application.

Sorry!

Best regards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elnak said:

Hi @Alan Collett

Please may I ask. My son who is our sponsor just recently became a citizen in Australia. Do we need to inform DIBP about his residency change and if so, what form do we need to submit?

Thank you so much.

The exact same happened in my situation when my daughter and family all became citizens but my agent said it wasn't necessary to inform DIBP.  However, if I had been handling the application personally, I think I would have informed them anyway.   

• Like 1

"OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 29 January 2015."

• Like 11

Hi everyone, just to let you know that we have been asked to do our medicals and for the AOS to commence!!  Whoopee!!  Still a bit numb after all this time. Seems like its all go again.
What's your date of application [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

On 11/10/2017 at 22:30, SusieRoo said:

Thanks AMP.

Any idea why others are getting the '12 months in 18' condition on their 600 visas? I wonder if there are do's and don't when filling in the application.

I would hate to move then have to come back for 6 months.

All the best for everything you have going on (sounds wonderful!) 

I really have no idea, sorry, but obviously I'm not complaining!  Maybe I just ticked all the boxes - just me coming over, both (all) my children here, no medial issues (touch wood), self funding, somewhere to live.  All these issues were areas covered on the application.  You just have to answer them all honestly, there are no obvious dos and don'ts   

Thanks for your good wishes.  I'm currently  looking after my two eldest grandchildren for the weekend whilst their parents have gone to a 40th in Melbourne.  It's great to be able to help them out, as well, of course, as being great for me to be able to spend time with my grandchildren. 

• Like 7

On 9/18/2017 at 08:46, Kathss56 said:

Hi Everyone,

Not signed in for a week or so and so much has happened. Immigration have really pulled it out by the looks of things and the processing date has leaped forward.

We have applied for our police checks and had our medicals on Monday. We have a small hitch which might delay our process but hopefully its just a matter of a week or two. Immigration reacted very quickly responding to our medical hitch so feels like after waiting such a long time the door is open and hopefully we can get to see the kids.

So for those who are still feeling like the wait will go on forever, once your at the top of the list things seem to move quickly.( Hope I haven't spoken too soon)

Good luck to everyone

• Like 8

On 09/10/2017 at 23:22, SusieRoo said:

Thank you for the info, but I'm still a little confused.

So if we get a visa which says '12 months in every 18 months', we have to leave for 6 months between stays.

And if we get a visa which says 'multiple entry with 12 months each stay', we can just leave for 1 day between each 12 month period.

Is this correct?

And do they ask about health and wealth on the application form? I guess it would be good to know which boxes to tick, so we get the best type of visa.

Sorry, not sure if I have already replied to this or not (brain totally out of synch since I arrived here!).  So, apologies if this is a duplicate answer.

Yes Susie, you are correct in your interpretation of the visa conditions. 

There is a brief questionnaire on the 600  visa application which asks about health and you have to state whether you have specific conditions which you anticipate will need medical attention during your stay.

Also there is a question about wealth, not how much you have but so that it is obvious how you will finance your stay.  In the detail box I specifically said how much annual income I receive and the sources of this income (e.g. Private pension) and I also stated capital I had which I could draw on if necessary.  I believe they can ask for proof of this, e.g. Copy of bank statement but I was never asked to send anything. 

Hope this helps.  The application was actually incredibly and surprisingly straightforward.

• Like 2