Guest guest36187

6 hours ago, Kpnuts said:

My date of lodgement for a 143 was 1st Dec 2014. I have just got an email from PVC to get police checks, medicals and AOS documents prepared.

No assignment to a Case Officer yet but this is the best news after such a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

You might be interested to know that we didn't have a case officer assigned to us until they were ready to issue the visa - we got all the stuff they wanted together and emailed it in and only got a case officer then because there was a delay in the AOS confirmation ( surprise surprise).  So you're almost home and dry. We had to get all our docs in by (I think) the middle of February and we got our visa at the beginning of April, even with the delay for AOS.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fisher1 said:

You might be interested to know that we didn't have a case officer assigned to us until they were ready to issue the visa - we got all the stuff they wanted together and emailed it in and only got a case officer then because there was a delay in the AOS confirmation ( surprise surprise).  So you're almost home and dry. We had to get all our docs in by (I think) the middle of February and we got our visa at the beginning of April, even with the delay for AOS.

Hmmm. .... i've been waiting much longer than that (see my timeline). 

3 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

Oh dear.  I meant well. I'll just crawl back in behind my "for sale" sign and mind my own business :D  Hope you get your visa soon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

Just echoing nyorksgrannie, you must be only a day or two from hearing good news. I’m mentally willing you out of the waiting room (in the nicest possible way).

Noticed on your timeline you have ‘Medical 21.2.17 (with DIBP 24.2.17)’, can I ask what is the DIBP bit?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Just echoing nyorksgrannie, you must be only a day or two from hearing good news. I’m mentally willing you out of the waiting room (in the nicest possible way).

Noticed on your timeline you have ‘Medical 21.2.17 (with DIBP 24.2.17)’, can I ask what is the DIBP bit?

Department of immigration and border protection? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Yes, it means Dept of Immigration & Border Protection, i.e. the report was uploaded to "Immi" by 24th Feb.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

Oh dear.  I meant well. I'll just crawl back in behind my "for sale" sign and mind my own business :D  Hope you get your visa soon.

Haha, no need to crawl anywhere, Fisher1.  Unfortunately, processing has slowed down so much since your visa was dealt with that we all now have a much longer wait than used to be the case.  But it can't be helped, there's nothing we can do about it, and we just have to accept it.  I did a 'test" email today and the dates haven't changed in a month.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NanaJan said:

Yay, NanaJan has also received THE request for AoS, medicals, police clearance and forms 80.

Oh my word, it came as quite a shock after all this time. A glass of wine in hand at the moment and fully on the case tomorrow.

I won't forget the date either. It's our daughter's 40th today. She's out celebrating and we're babysitting:jiggy:

So pleased to hear that for you! Hoping I won't be too far behind!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

Haha, no need to crawl anywhere, Fisher1.  Unfortunately, processing has slowed down so much since your visa was dealt with that we all now have a much longer wait than used to be the case.  But it can't be helped, there's nothing we can do about it, and we just have to accept it.  I did a 'test" email today and the dates haven't changed in a month.  

That's a real drag - I knew things had slowed down but imagined that once you got to "the" email it would run quite quickly as before.  Meanwhile, we "speedy" visa holders are still stuck in the UK ... Having applied before we were really able to leave, thinking it would take longer than it did ... Then my mum was too ill to leave ... Mum died earlier this year ... Now we're waiting for our sold-subject-to-contract to become cash-in-the-bank.  If all goes well we'll be off at the end of August, just in time for the arrival of a new baby at the beginning of September ... Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fisher1 said:

That's a real drag - I knew things had slowed down but imagined that once you got to "the" email it would run quite quickly as before.  Meanwhile, we "speedy" visa holders are still stuck in the UK ... Having applied before we were really able to leave, thinking it would take longer than it did ... Then my mum was too ill to leave ... Mum died earlier this year ... Now we're waiting for our sold-subject-to-contract to become cash-in-the-bank.  If all goes well we'll be off at the end of August, just in time for the arrival of a new baby at the beginning of September ... Fingers crossed.

Hi Fisher, hope your house sale goes through without any hassle we exchanged early May and complete in a couple of weeks with baby due in August and 4yr old to look after, can't wait despite nights without much sleep!  At least when you get there there is no more waiting. Safe travels, Sue

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Hi Fisher, hope your house sale goes through without any hassle we exchanged early May and complete in a couple of weeks with baby due in August and 4yr old to look after, can't wait despite nights without much sleep!  At least when you get there there is no more waiting. Safe travels, Sue

No, I cant wait either.  Unfortunately our buyers seem very picky, asking for more and more information / checks. Despite the survey having gone ahead four weeks ago we still haven't exchanged contracts so getting a bit nervy ... we don't feel like we can look forward to moving until we know its going through ... so many ups and downs during the last couple of years ...   Still, I'm going over for a month if we haven't sold by then, so at least I can look forward to that!   Here's hoping your remaining wait will be a short one.  Can't wait to meet my new grandchild, and give my daughter a hand ... she's still working, and with a two year old to mind she's looking knackered!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

Yes, a drag,  but I'm enjoying time with my sister now as the house completed 22nd June and I moved in with her.  I hope your sale goes through smoothly - a very nail-biting time for you.  

• Like 2

Great news for the above who have had requests for AOS and police checks etc. I am a couple of weeks behind you in my lodgement dates. Does anyone have an idea of a timeline from when you get THE email for Aos etc. Is the going rate a 3 month wait for Centrelink to process the AOS then another couple for the Visa Grant ......do you reckon ??

6 minutes ago, gafuk said:

Great news for the above who have had requests for AOS and police checks etc. I am a couple of weeks behind you in my lodgement dates. Does anyone have an idea of a timeline from when you get THE email for Aos etc. Is the going rate a 3 month wait for Centrelink to process the AOS then another couple for the Visa Grant ......do you reckon ??

Yes, about 3 months for the AoS and then about another 3 (fingers crossed) for the visa.  Check my timeline.  

• Like 2

Next question ( theres a million more flashing through my mind)

" IF " we sell our house say October and are homeless, is it feasible for us to"holiday" in Australia awaiting payment of 2nd vac and eventual issuing of Visa? I know we might have to then suffer a short break in Bali or somewhere to activate the visa but that's life. Otherwise we have to move in with family here or commit to a 6 months rental.

What would you do ?

53 minutes ago, gafuk said:

" IF " we sell our house say October and are homeless, is it feasible for us to"holiday" in Australia awaiting payment of 2nd vac and eventual issuing of Visa? I know we might have to then suffer a short break in Bali or somewhere to activate the visa but that's life. Otherwise we have to move in with family here or commit to a 6 months rental.

What would you do ?

I would say yes, sell and take the holiday route.  It was a huge load off my mind when my sale completed but I was lucky enough to have the option to move in with my sister, who's given me the top floor of her house.  If I didn't have that option, I would probbly have gone the holiday route.  It depends on your circs - if family is a GOOD option, you might prefer that, like me.  It gives me a chance to spend a lot of time with my sister - we've always been very close. 

Edited by Catlady2014
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, gafuk said:

What would you do ?

I hope you don’t mind me butting into your conversation.

We also keep considering our options for a ‘holiday’ in the final stages of this process, but we have a few concerns.

What if something goes wrong? Like failing the medical? Or some major change to the visa criteria or cost?  I’m not sure if we could sell-up and pack-up until we have our visa signed and sealed. (I am normally very optimistic, but it’s a big decision to get wrong)

I suppose we could still have six months holiday and keep the house until our visa is granted.

Not sure if this is helping to answer your question, I guess everyone is different and the holiday route seems to have worked well for many CPVers.

Looks like you will not have too long to wait now and I would expect you to have your visas by October. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gafuk said:

What would you do ?

4 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

I hope you don’t mind me butting into your conversation.

We also keep considering our options for a ‘holiday’ in the final stages of this process, but we have a few concerns.

What if something goes wrong? Like failing the medical? Or some major change to the visa criteria or cost?  I’m not sure if we could sell-up and pack-up until we have our visa signed and sealed. (I am normally very optimistic, but it’s a big decision to get wrong)

I suppose we could still have six months holiday and keep the house until our visa is granted.

Not sure if this is helping to answer your question, I guess everyone is different and the holiday route seems to have worked well for many CPVers.

Looks like you will not have too long to wait now and I would expect you to have your visas by October. 

We are on holiday as we speak. Homeless, unemployed and reliant on public transport! I am normally a pessimistic sort but I don't think we have any medical issues.  But hey, if we fail them then there will be something seriously wrong so we will have a massive holiday, to hell with the cost, and go back to the UK if and when we absolutely have to!

Funnily enough I have tried to book our medicals today but the site seems to be playing up with dates. I'll try again later.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NanaJan said:

We are on holiday as we speak. Homeless, unemployed and reliant on public transport! I am normally a pessimistic sort but I don't think we have any medical issues.  But hey, if we fail them then there will be something seriously wrong so we will have a massive holiday, to hell with the cost, and go back to the UK if and when we absolutely have to!

Funnily enough I have tried to book our medicals today but the site seems to be playing up with dates. I'll try again later.

Hi Jan

congratulations on the request for medicals etc. I seem to recall having difficulties booking a medical on line, in the end I phoned them and got booked into Bupa Docklands within a few days. Just a word of warning, they will not let you thro the door at Docklands more than 2 or 3 mins before your appointment time. They say be on time but they won't let you into the building if you arrive early! They have a very efficient service once you are in.

Julie

Hi all,

I'm just registered as member, but reading this blog for months.

Our parents (with my brothers ) lodged the application on 29 Nov 2014, via an Australian solicitor, but we did not hear anything. We have tried to call solicitor when knowing someone with 1.12.2014 has received email, but her advice was so unhelpful (she said the website said Oct 2014, I have to wait for another 2 months :mad: )

Please advise on what should I do ! Can I call anyone to check ?

Please help!

Many thanks 

1 hour ago, MICHELLENGUYEN said:

Hi all,

I'm just registered as member, but reading this blog for months.

Our parents (with my brothers ) lodged the application on 29 Nov 2014, via an Australian solicitor, but we did not hear anything. We have tried to call solicitor when knowing someone with 1.12.2014 has received email, but her advice was so unhelpful (she said the website said Oct 2014, I have to wait for another 2 months :mad: )

Please advise on what should I do ! Can I call anyone to check ?

Please help!

Many thanks 

Hi Michelle.

Your parents have lodged an application for a subclass 143 visa?

I'd give it another week or so before escalating matters - there can be variations in timelines.

Note that all communications with the PVC should be through your appointed migration agent.

Best regards.

3 hours ago, MICHELLENGUYEN said:

Dear Alan,

Yes 143. I will wait for another 2 weeks to come back to my solicitor. 

Thanks Alan. 

Sounds like your parents will not have too long to wait now, very exiting!

As Alan says, IMMI works in strange ways so probably nothing to worry about. But don’t be too relaxed with your solicitor, don’t forget you’re paying for a service and if it was me, I would be calling them 3 times a day.

Please keep us posted with your progress, as it is very useful to gauge how quickly (or slowly) visas are currently taking.

Edited by SusieRoo