Guest guest36187

Hi

we applied for our cpv over one year ago and still waiting for requests for medical and police reports. Realistically you are going to have to wait 21 to 24 months. IMMI have a huge backlog of applications to get through so the timescale is changing all the time. Keep an eye on this thread and you will see how Other applicants are progressing.

our daughter lives in Mentone Bayside Melbourne but we will be heading down beyond Mornington as we like a quieter life and don't want to be anywhere near CBD.

we are presently in Oz for a short break and have to say the weather is very cold, have been watching a bit of Wimbledon and having weather envy.

Julie

Hi Julie

Hope you're having a great, albeit chilly, time and that the wedding went very well.

You'll be pleased to know that it's been pouring down in Essex all day today.

Keep warm

Steve

Edited by Steve2

Hi

My 143 visa application will be sent this week, I am now following your updates on here and finding them very informative, could I ask what is the form 80? And how do you put your visa status showing at the bottom of your messages

Thanks

Bev

Hi

Welcome to the madhouse we all now call the waiting room, get comfy it's a bit of a long haul but will be worth it in the end.

Form 80 can be downloaded from the immigration website and is a rather long, at least 18 pages, synopsis of your whole life from work to all your travels, you may or may not be asked to compete it but a lot of us on here have done it so as to save time when/if it is requested.

To put your timeline at the end of your messages go to settings at the top of your log in page and then find "edit signature" on the left hand side, click on that and you can enter your timeline details.

Where in Australia are you heading?

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Steve

Heading for Perth, my only daughter is settled there, I am ready to go now, but think I might have to learn to be patient! I will be a year behind you.

Where are you heading?

Hi

We're heading to Perth as well, love it there.

Yes one thing we're all learning is trying to be patent, but you'll find everyone very supportive on here and we all try to help each other cope with the waiting.

Don't hesitate to ask anything on here, someone will have an answer.

Good luck

Edited by Steve2

Hi Julie

Hope you're having a great, albeit chilly, time and that the wedding went very well.

You'll be pleased to know that it's been pouring down in Essex all day today.

Keep warm

Steve

Hi Steve

The wedding was wonderful and we are all still on a high from the celebrations. Flying home on Wednesday, house advertised at the weekend! How are the viewings going?

Julie

UPDATE -

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

Once your application is allocated to a case officer you or your authorised contact will be contacted and asked to provide more documents including police certificates and health clearances to complete your application. Please do not send documents until you are requested to do so.

For those who were originally requested to undertake medical examinations 12 months after lodgement date, please consider waiting an extra 2 - 3 months to undertake them due to the current processing time being 18 - 22 months.

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged on 29 August 2013. The 2nd visa application charge increased in September 2013 so we had a LOT of applications lodged in August 2013. Be assured we are working very hard and do appreciate your patience.

How can it not have moved a day in weeks!!?? Its beyond ridiculous :(

Edited by Perthpops
has my full name of by accident!

As far as I am aware you can apply for the 143 as soon as your offspring get their PR visa granted.

We've not been advised otherwise.

All the best

Steve

You can sponsor your parent for this visa if you are:

• 18 years of age or older

• living lawfully in Australia for at least two years before the visa application is lodged

• one of the following:

Has any one applied for subclass 143 from subclass 173 in last 6 months? I have applied for 173 to 143 in October, received acknowledgment and request for AOS and Police check in November, submitted documents in January. Since then I have not heard from Department of immigration. I had sent them a general enquiry but received an automatic reply. Can anyone tell me what is the usual waiting period?

Hi Bluray, how did you go with this? We seem to have the same scenario.

Hope to hear from you. Ta

Ginny

Hi Steve

The wedding was wonderful and we are all still on a high from the celebrations. Flying home on Wednesday, house advertised at the weekend! How are the viewings going?

Julie

Hi Julie

Glad it all went off ok.

We've had 10 viewings in 12 days and an offer pending them selling, they didn't go on the market until they'd seen our bungalow, but they seem really keen so fingers crossed.

Hope you have a safe journey home.

Steve

Hi thanks for the replies,

We didn't realise there was a waiting period 1 or 2 years?? after "child" obtained PR... that makes a big difference to our time plan.

Can anyone confirm wait time please? Regarding the 600 visa is there a substantial cost for this and can you have in conjunction with the 143 CPV

thanks again

Prince milo

Hi thanks for the replies,

We didn't realise there was a waiting period 1 or 2 years?? after "child" obtained PR... that makes a big difference to our time plan.

Can anyone confirm wait time please? Regarding the 600 visa is there a substantial cost for this and can you have in conjunction with the 143 CPV

thanks again

Prince milo

Have a look at the requirement for there to be a "settled" sponsor:

http://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/31parents

(scroll down to the relevant paragraph)

Best regards.

Thanks so much for that.... Very much appreciated. Our son has been resident/working in Oz for 2 years and just got PR approved via company sponsorship. If I am reading this link right ?? (Sorry if I'm labouring the question but find it confusing)....as he is now an Australian PR, is the "settled" period the time since his arrival in Oz to gaining his PR? Or from date PR granted?

milo

[h=2]Sponsorship[/h]All applicants for parent migration must be sponsored. At the time the visa application is made, the sponsor must be a 'settled' Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or 'eligible New Zealand citizen'. 'Settled' means a person must have been a resident in Australia for a reasonable period, which under policy is usually two years.

Hi Julie

Glad it all went off ok.

We've had 10 viewings in 12 days and an offer pending them selling, they didn't go on the market until they'd seen our bungalow, but they seem really keen so fingers crossed.

Hope you have a safe journey home.

Steve

Wow Steve, 10 viewings in 12 days, I think we will be lucky to get 10 viewings in a year, but then we are selling a home and business. Had a lovely last day with plenty of winter sunshine down at Mornington and Mt Martha were we hope to live. Not looking forward to the flight home, we really do hope that this is the last time we have to do this!

Julie

Has anyone heard what month they are now processing for the 143 Visa please - ?

Perthpops posted this yesterday I think:

"UPDATE -

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

Once your application is allocated to a case officer you or your authorised contact will be contacted and asked to provide more documents including police certificates and health clearances to complete your application. Please do not send documents until you are requested to do so.

For those who were originally requested to undertake medical examinations 12 months after lodgement date, please consider waiting an extra 2 - 3 months to undertake them due to the current processing time being 18 - 22 months.

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged on 29 August 2013. The 2nd visa application charge increased in September 2013 so we had a LOT of applications lodged in August 2013. Be assured we are working very hard and do appreciate your patience.

How can it not have moved a day in weeks!!?? Its beyond ridiculous :( "

It is ridiculous, I agree, you would think they could supply a little more information on the processing times - as I have already had my medical and it looks as if I will now have to re do it.

Yes it's getting beyond ridiculous!

When did you lodge your application?

Our acceptance date was 30 Aug 13, so the last few weeks have been a little frustrating - makes watching paint dry seem like an extreme sport! I guess, however, they are doing what they can and the back log is probably caused by people like me who wanted to get in before the price-hike deadline - feel sorry for the people on 31 Aug 13! Whilst it is a bit hit and miss when it is turned on the immi email does explain the situation. I also went with our agent's advice, which was there was no rush to get the medicals and police checks done, wait until closer to the time (we had our medicals last Monday, police checks submitted last Friday). It is something that, in my opinion, is worth waiting for (mind you, watch this space we were to be refused!!). Just my unsolicited thoughts during a boring moment at work.

I lodged my application in December 2013 - did my Police check when they suggested and my medical - failing all else will fly out to Oz and then when they grant my visa I can fly to New Zealand and be offshore for it to be granted (hopefully)

Wow Steve, 10 viewings in 12 days, I think we will be lucky to get 10 viewings in a year, but then we are selling a home and business. Had a lovely last day with plenty of winter sunshine down at Mornington and Mt Martha were we hope to live. Not looking forward to the flight home, we really do hope that this is the last time we have to do this!

Julie

Hi Julie

Hope you had a good flight back and are getting over the dreaded jetlag.

We're amazed at the amount of viewings we've had and even more amazed that we have sold today after just over two weeks on the market to our second viewers - now eagerly awaiting the "Sold" sign to go up.

Panic starts now to find a rental!

Aargh - what have we done??!!

All the best

Steve

Guest Petina
Hi Julie

We're amazed at the amount of viewings we've had and even more amazed that we have sold today after just over two weeks on the market to our second viewers - now eagerly awaiting the "Sold" sign to go up.

All the best

Steve

Many congratulations Steve - incredible number of viewings and now sold! You have done the right things as it means that when you finally get your visa you are 'up, up and away'!!!

So now comes the final de-cluttering. LOL

Take care and good luck with the move and hope you find a rental!

Petina

Hi Julie

All the best

Steve[/

Hi Steve

just arrived back, ready for a seriously long sleep! Blimey I go away for a few days and you,ve sold! Hope all goes well with the sale and finding a rental. It must seem strange and I fully understand the "what have we done" comment. As Petina says you will be up up and away as soon as your visa is granted.

julie