Guest guest36187

Perth here we come! We exchanged contracts on our house yesterday and sold our car. John Mason are coming in on Tuesday and Wednesday to pack up. We complete and fly off to Perth on the 2nd. I can't believe how incredibly lucky we have been with timing and how it is all coming together now at last.

All I can say is it's been an incredibly emotional and stressful roller coaster, but so worth it in the end. Greatly helped by all the information and support on here, so thanks everyone and hang on in there and good luck to all those who are so close and all those still waiting.

That's fantastic news Linday, so pleased for you. It's great when your plans all come together

Good luck on the 2nd, have a good flight & enjoy Perth. I fly out to Adelaide on the same day

Katie x

Good luck with the move, hope it all goes well and enjoy your new life in OZ.

Crown are coming to pack our stuff on Tuesday, then we leave on the 4th July, the dog also leaves in the 4th but on a different flight as she has to go to Sydney before joining us on the Gold Coast.

Wilma x

Good luck Wilma with your new life on the Gold Coast. There seems to be alot of people on the move over the next few weeks - there will not be many CPV people still in the UK!

Katie x

Perth here we come! We exchanged contracts on our house yesterday and sold our car. John Mason are coming in on Tuesday and Wednesday to pack up. We complete and fly off to Perth on the 2nd. I can't believe how incredibly lucky we have been with timing and how it is all coming together now at last.

All I can say is it's been an incredibly emotional and stressful roller coaster, but so worth it in the end. Greatly helped by all the information and support on here, so thanks everyone and hang on in there and good luck to all those who are so close and all those still waiting.

Great news!

Stay in touch and let us know how it goes.

All the best

Steve

Great News you have been a great help to us in the past...:notworthy:for everything and I hope all goes well for you.......enjoy :cool:

Phoebe

Isn't it wonderful when a good plan comes together! We can't wait to welcome you to our weekly Pips lunch, I bet you can't either. You have so much joy and excitement to come, plus a goodly helping of stress if you are anything like me.

Best wishes

Cath

Help! We are nearly ready to send off our CPV application form to Perth and thought the address to send it to by courier would be simple! The instructions in Booklet 3 clearly state that if you are lodging you application outside Australia by Courier then it should go to: Wellington Central, Level 3, 836 Welington St, West Perth WA 6005. However the Immigration department in Perth replied to one of my emails (on another query) and said that the application MUST be sent to: Locked Bag 7, Northbridge WA 6865. when I queried it with them and told them we were sending by courier, not mailing, they still replied with the same answer. I've just phoned them and the pre-recorded message states the same as booklet 3! We don't want to get something as basic as this wrong so could I possibly ask you nice people which address others have sent their application to by courier. We don't want to use normal mail for obvious reasons. Many thanks. Angie

Help! We are nearly ready to send off our CPV application form to Perth and thought the address to send it to by courier would be simple! The instructions in Booklet 3 clearly state that if you are lodging you application outside Australia by Courier then it should go to: Wellington Central, Level 3, 836 Welington St, West Perth WA 6005. However the Immigration department in Perth replied to one of my emails (on another query) and said that the application MUST be sent to: Locked Bag 7, Northbridge WA 6865. when I queried it with them and told them we were sending by courier, not mailing, they still replied with the same answer. I've just phoned them and the pre-recorded message states the same as booklet 3! We don't want to get something as basic as this wrong so could I possibly ask you nice people which address others have sent their application to by courier. We don't want to use normal mail for obvious reasons. Many thanks. Angie

G'Day Angie

I think the Locked Bag address is just for post, if you send by Royal Mail. (It's a secure PO box.)

When we sent our application about a year ago, we sent it by courier (via discounters http://www.interparcel.com/, incidentally) to the Wellington Central address.

Good luck, Mike

Good news Linday, please tell us how you get on with John Mason as they are in the running for us when we sell our house.

It would be nice to hear of a successful move in place of all the disasters on the household and transport thread. :smile:

G'Day Les

Which thread is that? I only know of http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/109264-shipping-company-poll.html.

Mike

G'Day Angie

I think the Locked Bag address is just for post, if you send by Royal Mail. (It's a secure PO box.)

When we sent our application about a year ago, we sent it by courier (via discounters http://www.interparcel.com/, incidentally) to the Wellington Central address.

Good luck, Mike

Thank you Mike. You have confirmed my instinct to go with what booklet 3 instructs. We've only just started and already it's like 'pulling teeth' arghh.... Angie

Guest Janey1954

Hi Angie

We sent our forms off by DHL on 28 April to the street address, signed for on 3rd May and got our acknowledgment letter (through the post) dated 13 May.

Know what you mean about the pulling teeth bit but its all going to be worth it...

Janey

I like the references to pulling teeth but it's more apt to describe it as having teeth pulled:frown:.

The pullee rather than the puller (the latter has all the fun).

On second thoughts, a trip to the dentist is over with quite quickly - the CPV process seems endless.

:biggrin:

G'Day Les

Which thread is that? I only know of http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/109264-shipping-company-poll.html.

Mike

That is the main one but Household also includes Removals as part of it's sub heading.

The problem I have is someone has a rant about 'A' company (not on this CPV thread), often on the day it happens and never posts again so you do not know if they sort it out not.

You never seem to get a balanced idea of what goes on and I guess the 1000s of people who ship with no real problem don't bother to post about it.

Our son had a problem with Pickfords but they did sort it out (the now common problem of a shared container sitting for months in the UK before shipping to Oz when they say the goods will be there in X weeks)) and offered him a part refund, so we where happy for them to quote for us (we will not use them as they want £1000 more than 2 other quotes). Some recent threads have shown Pickfords giving other people the cheapest quote so maybe location comes into it.

Regards

Les

G'Day Angie

Good luck, Mike

That is correct, we used Locked bag when we posted by Royal Mail our police checks.

Guest Janey1954

I am trying to find out what to do about getting work for my hubby WHEN we get to the other side! (Need to plan ahead eh!)

He's a heavy diesel mechanic but works in a supervisory capacity in open cast coal mining at the moment. He's been in the 'trade' for 40 years and has a few certificates behind him but no actual qualifications apart from his City and Guilds (1970). In order for him to apply for a job, will he need to get anything Australianised? Who to contact? Can he do it here in the UK or will he have to wait until we DO get there?

TRA and Vetassess seem to advise only for general skilled migration.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated...

Janey

Guest kuroholic

Hello,

My mother is trying to change form 173 to 143, and she has just received the AoS letter from centrelink. We have a few questions regard the AoS:

1. What is the minimum income for the assurer?

2. If there are multiple assurers, what is the minimum income for each person?

3. When the letter says "book an appointment", does this refer to the actual income test?

Can someone please break the whole AoS process down for us please? Because we try to read the information on the government websites, and we couldn't understand it.

Also, how long does it take for the AFP to process the NPC?

Thank you!

I am trying to find out what to do about getting work for my hubby WHEN we get to the other side! (Need to plan ahead eh!)

He's a heavy diesel mechanic but works in a supervisory capacity in open cast coal mining at the moment. He's been in the 'trade' for 40 years and has a few certificates behind him but no actual qualifications apart from his City and Guilds (1970). In order for him to apply for a job, will he need to get anything Australianised? Who to contact? Can he do it here in the UK or will he have to wait until we DO get there?

TRA and Vetassess seem to advise only for general skilled migration.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated...

Janey

I found my City and Guilds 1970 qualifications listed on the TRA site but really I thought that is only useful if you are going the skilled route other wise at our age I believe experience will count (and age will reduce that count :twitcy:).

Diesel machanics are wanted, it is just a matter of getting a foot in the door. :wubclub:

Hi Angie

We sent our forms off by DHL on 28 April to the street address, signed for on 3rd May and got our acknowledgment letter (through the post) dated 13 May.

Know what you mean about the pulling teeth bit but its all going to be worth it...

Janey

Thank you for that Janey. I hope ours gets acknowleged as quickly! Angie

Hello,

My mother is trying to change form 173 to 143, and she has just received the AoS letter from centrelink. We have a few questions regard the AoS:

1. What is the minimum income for the assurer?

2. If there are multiple assurers, what is the minimum income for each person?

3. When the letter says "book an appointment", does this refer to the actual income test?

Can someone please break the whole AoS process down for us please? Because we try to read the information on the government websites, and we couldn't understand it.

Also, how long does it take for the AFP to process the NPC?

Thank you!

Have a look at http://www.fahcsia.gov.au/guides_acts/ssg/ssguide-9/ssguide-9.4/ssguide-9.4.3/ssguide-9.4.3.30.html

You may have already done so!

They don't make it easy to work out, but part of the interview process is to confirm the financial ability of the assurer to support the applicant.

Don't know what an AFP or NPC are, sorry.

Cheers

Steve

Hi

Well after being in the queue for 5 1/2 years ....we have decided to pay the money... Our only child is a teacher in Melbourne and my SIL works in the JUstice department...we have two grandchildren DAisy 5 and Tom 3...

Last year my dh retired after 38 years in the RAF...we lost 2 of our oldies...so we packed up our house ...put stuff in storage...bought a bigger( we had had one for the last 7 years) narrowboat ..lived on the boat for a few weeks before moving out to melbourne...we put the boat in a safe mooring ...

We had already joined a housesitting web site and got two house sits booked in ... When we arrived in melbourne we checked out the house sits. One had about ten dogs ...ponies ..ducks etc ...it was terrible...really filthy...i had to say no...but the other was fantastic ...a lovely dog and home to care for ..we stayed 6 weeks and both parties were happy..so it worked well..

We also bought a cabin on a caravan park at Rosebud...it has two bedrooms and in a lovely part of the park and very quiet...its a park thats only really for holidays etc...with only a couple of couples living on it...we LOVE it there...so we stayed in OZ for 7 months..during this time..my dh joined the southeren peninsula boat rescue squadron and the SES ..both of which he cannot wait to get back to... I joined as a volunteer at the local Op shop and joined two different craft groups...

My dh is a qualified diving instructor and enjoyed lots of different dives and being only a 5 min car ride to a dive site under our local pier was FAB

We had our grandchildren come to stay with us ....yes they stayed with us..we were for once proper grandparents with a place where our grandchildren could visit and stay..I decorated round thier bunk beds..i met Daisy from school on her first day...took Tom to playgroup....watched them learning to swim and swam with them...NOTHING can feel as good as doing these things..,on our flight back to the uk after 7 months in oz diving,fishin,biking..loving life ...i asked my dh what was his most memorable moment from thw last 7 months ...he replied...last week hearing Tom run across the grass shouting...GRANDAD IM HERE ....

So right now we are back on our narrowboat..looking at selling it end of July...we have our paper just in for a temporary visa... Police checks appilied for...medicl checks were done in OZ before we left ..dh were fine but I need further checks.. I have a white dot on my lungs..,I had it 5 years ago when i had my first medical for OZ and nothing was said then...but now I have to have TB checks..IM sure it will be fine...so we are booking our fights back to OZ for the 15 th August...and until then enjoying the english .... I look forward to hearing your journey and sharing ours with you all

Val and Dave

Hi

Well after being in the queue for 5 1/2 years ....we have decided to pay the money... Our only child is a teacher in Melbourne and my SIL works in the JUstice department...we have two grandchildren DAisy 5 and Tom 3...

Last year my dh retired after 38 years in the RAF...we lost 2 of our oldies...so we packed up our house ...put stuff in storage...bought a bigger( we had had one for the last 7 years) narrowboat ..lived on the boat for a few weeks before moving out to melbourne...we put the boat in a safe mooring ...

We had already joined a housesitting web site and got two house sits booked in ... When we arrived in melbourne we checked out the house sits. One had about ten dogs ...ponies ..ducks etc ...it was terrible...really filthy...i had to say no...but the other was fantastic ...a lovely dog and home to care for ..we stayed 6 weeks and both parties were happy..so it worked well..

We also bought a cabin on a caravan park at Rosebud...it has two bedrooms and in a lovely part of the park and very quiet...its a park thats only really for holidays etc...with only a couple of couples living on it...we LOVE it there...so we stayed in OZ for 7 months..during this time..my dh joined the southeren peninsula boat rescue squadron and the SES ..both of which he cannot wait to get back to... I joined as a volunteer at the local Op shop and joined two different craft groups...

My dh is a qualified diving instructor and enjoyed lots of different dives and being only a 5 min car ride to a dive site under our local pier was FAB

We had our grandchildren come to stay with us ....yes they stayed with us..we were for once proper grandparents with a place where our grandchildren could visit and stay..I decorated round thier bunk beds..i met Daisy from school on her first day...took Tom to playgroup....watched them learning to swim and swam with them...NOTHING can feel as good as doing these things..,on our flight back to the uk after 7 months in oz diving,fishin,biking..loving life ...i asked my dh what was his most memorable moment from thw last 7 months ...he replied...last week hearing Tom run across the grass shouting...GRANDAD IM HERE ....

So right now we are back on our narrowboat..looking at selling it end of July...we have our paper just in for a temporary visa... Police checks appilied for...medicl checks were done in OZ before we left ..dh were fine but I need further checks.. I have a white dot on my lungs..,I had it 5 years ago when i had my first medical for OZ and nothing was said then...but now I have to have TB checks..IM sure it will be fine...so we are booking our fights back to OZ for the 15 th August...and until then enjoying the english .... I look forward to hearing your journey and sharing ours with you all

Val and Dave

Great story! Good luck with the medicals.

Just managed to grab a few minutes to update everyone on what is going on. We received our Visas on 16th May, exchanged contracts on our house last Monday, have booked the movers (Pickfords) for next Friday, the container for the 8th June, we will complete on the house on 9th and fly out to Melbourne on the 12th! It's all go now - we really thought we had organised ourselves pretty well over the last 15 months waiting for the Visa, but there is still so much to do - but the list is getting slightly shorter every day and the ticks are increasing! We have suffered with sleepless nights worrying about "the process" - we don't have any concerns about moving to Australia, but the getting there is very stressful, and we have felt that we have not been coping very well. Of course the farewells are emotional and difficult as well.

It will be so worth it though - this morning's phone conversation with our daughter, included our grandaughter telling us what she is going to do "when Nanny and Grandad come to live with them" - she is going to play shops and do reading with Grandad, and have kisses and cuddles with Nanny - and go swimming with Nanny!" Can't wait!

Continued good luck to everyone ! Gill

Wow David and Gill that all sounds fantastic...where i Melbourne are you heading ... My daughtsr lives i Highett and we have a cabin in Rosebud... I have followed your story and felt your pain.. My grandchild Daisy has been a very poorly little girl... i had a middle of the night phone call that she was in intensive care and they were looking at wether to donate her organs...i left our house in swindon at 4 am without a flight and was flyingout of heathrow by 8 .30 thanks to emirates..daisy was in an induced comanand a very poorly little girl...thankfully that was to years ago and this year we saw her start school... I look forward to hearing the rest of your story and hearing how your move goes. Enjoy enjoy enjoy x

Oh Chudleighval, how I feel for you when your Daisy was ill. So glad to hear she is better now.

Also good to hear that you can jump a flight pretty quickly when necessary. I live just a bit further down the m4 from you (by the K&A canal!) and it has crossed my mind before just what would you do in those dreadful circumstances.

I have just returned from Heathrow, taking my daughter and grandson to go back to Sydney. I feel pretty lousy now, even though I have two granddaughters here.

It is pretty inspiring to hear stories like yours, thank you for sharing.

Sure all will go well with the meds and you'll soon be back on the other side.

Cheers Pam