Guest guest36187

Hi Phoebe

just come back online and sure someone will have answered but if you go to Fees & Charges - Applications & Forms - Visas & Immigration

and follow the link to the date your application was acknowledged you can find the applicable charges

pete

I do not think you need meds and police checks for the upgrade from 173 to 143

Great thanks for that :biggrin:

Phoebe

Hi what form is the Form 80? Thanks:confused:

Form 80 is subtitled "Personal Particulars for Character Assessment" You need to give them lots of information about yourselves. ie; countries you have travelled to and when, previous passport numbers, all the names and dates of birth of your family (whether they are emigrating with you or not) Visit www.immi.gov.au and just put form 80 in the search box.

Some applicants fill out the form when they are assigned a case officer and others (like me) send it with their application. It has to be done sooner or later in any event.

Good luck with it! Val:arghh:

Oh......I thought you had to have meds done again :confused: but you have answered my question on AoS payment thanks :wink:

Will see what comes back from the email and let you all know, fingers crossed :chatterbox:

Phoebe

Hi Phoebe

As I understand it you are not required to undergo another medical, although I believe that you may have to get an Australian police check if you have spent more than 12 months in Australia (doesn't need to be consecutive) before you apply for the 143.

You are required to pay the remainder of the huge second VAC, although the fee that applies is the one which is in force at the time you apply to upgrade from 173 to 143, so the overall cost can work out a little higher. Plus the AOS of course.

Hi Phoebe

I believe that you may have to get an Australian police check if you have spent more than 12 months in Australia .

Hi

Yes, if you have spent more than 12 months in Australia in the last 10 years you will require an Australian Federal Police check.

Charlie

Hi

Yes, if you have spent more than 12 months in Australia in the last 10 years you will require an Australian Federal Police check.

Charlie

That sounds very formal :eek: is it the equivalent of police checks in the UK :frown:

Phoebe

I've had a reply to my email regarding changing to 173 if I need to :biggrin: basically it states exactly what I thought it would........you have to complete form 47A, form 40 and pay the first VAC again :swoon:

Phoebe

Hi Phoebe,

Well, well theres a surprise! It sounds like you got the same reply as me when I asked about swapping from 173 to 143!

Incidentally, I heard from the Migration Agents Register people this morning saying that if I want my agent investigating I have to give my written permission for them to contact her to get her side. Well all I can say is good luck if they can find her!

I wish now we had done it all ourselves - we`d have been able to afford another air ticket for one of us if we hadnt paid her all that money!

Hope your feeling a bit less stressed this week.

Keep chillaxed!

Val:wub:

Hi Phoebe,

Well, well theres a surprise! It sounds like you got the same reply as me when I asked about swapping from 173 to 143!

Incidentally, I heard from the Migration Agents Register people this morning saying that if I want my agent investigating I have to give my written permission for them to contact her to get her side. Well all I can say is good luck if they can find her!

I wish now we had done it all ourselves - we`d have been able to afford another air ticket for one of us if we hadnt paid her all that money!

Hope your feeling a bit less stressed this week.

Keep chillaxed!

Val:wub:

Yes I am :biggrin: had a talk with my daughter she said no point worrying about it until it happens (getting CO earlier than expected) :twitcy:

I would go for it.......you never know you might even get your money refunded :goofy: we live in hope :jiggy:

Phoebe

Guest sirmatt101

:biglaugh:Well the last duck is in the row, finally got a job today, YES, YES. I have been sat at the computer everyday for 4 weeks applying for different jobs of one sort or another, certainly not easy when you are above a certain age in life! We will definitely be having an alcholic drink tonight with our Vegemite BBQed Sarnies to celebrate, let the hair down, hang on a minute What Hair?:shocked:

Cheers

Matt

:biglaugh:Well the last duck is in the row, finally got a job today, YES, YES. I have been sat at the computer everyday for 4 weeks applying for different jobs of one sort or another, certainly not easy when you are above a certain age in life! We will definitely be having an alcholic drink tonight with our Vegemite BBQed Sarnies to celebrate, let the hair down, hang on a minute What Hair?:shocked:

Cheers

Matt

Many congratulations! It gives me hope as I too will be job hunting in October and am a bit worried about the age thing.....

Form 80 is subtitled "Personal Particulars for Character Assessment" You need to give them lots of information about yourselves. ie; countries you have travelled to and when, previous passport numbers, all the names and dates of birth of your family (whether they are emigrating with you or not) Visit www.immi.gov.au and just put form 80 in the search box.

Some applicants fill out the form when they are assigned a case officer and others (like me) send it with their application. It has to be done sooner or later in any event.

Folks - it appears from what we've heard that some applicants never get asked for form 80, which is probably an administrative oversight. However it might be worth waiting until asked unless you feel like doing it just in case!

Cheers

Steve

Guest sirmatt101
Many congratulations! It gives me hope as I too will be job hunting in October and am a bit worried about the age thing.....

I purposely left my age off my resume, but I hate to say that I do think that age comes into it quite a lot. One of the interviews I went to the first question was "how old are you now", never heard any more from them. All the supermarkets like Coles & Woolworths ask the age question when you apply there, but it might be an advantage with them at times. The problem is they can pay younger people less, especially if they are only students!

There are lots of jobs out there, its just getting a foot in the door!

Cheers

Matt

Guest sirmatt101
Awesome Matt.

We know just how that feels as my wife has now landed a permanent job here which would make this a long-term commitment if it works out.

Well done indeed - no mean feat.

Cheers

Steve

Congrats to Mrs Steve, we wish her all the best. Its a bit like the last piece in a jigsaw, makes everything feel complete.

Cheers

Matt

Folks - it appears from what we've heard that some applicants never get asked for form 80, which is probably an administrative oversight. However it might be worth waiting until asked unless you feel like doing it just in case!

Cheers

Steve

Hi is it necessary to fill out form 80 for each applicant (ie me and the wife) or just one form for both??

cheers Mike.

Hi folks

Its two weeks since we returned to the UK after spending some time with our family in Victoria for the birth of our grandson Raef. All good in that department. Yesterday, the Good Friday Appeal starting issuing information about this year's campaign, and some of you will know from another forum I used to post on, that our granddaughter Scarlett had been asked to the "poster girl" for the appeal this year. Hopefully the attached link does not breach any forum rules - I apologise in advance if it does and welcome any PMs from anyone interested.

Our daughter, Sam, also participated in a phone interview with 3AW Radio in Melbourne regarding the appeal and that can be found on the radio website, the Neil Mitchell show of 10th March 2011. (Her interview is 1.15mins into the show finishing at 1.23mins)

At the risk of boring you all with my family's news, our granddaughter is becoming very famous in Australia (fame we would much rather she had come by a different way) and she is the reason we are waiting for our case officer any day now we hope.

Congratulations to everyone who has got their CO, or Visa recently, I have been following the news whilst in Australia but not been posting for a while.

Best wishes to all

Gill

Risky transplant saves little Scarlett | Herald Sun

We were never asked to complete form 80 and certainly didn't offer to do so. We received our visa no problem. So the message is if you aren't asked don't worry.

We were never asked to complete form 80 and certainly didn't offer to do so. We received our visa no problem. So the message is if you aren't asked don't worry.

We just did what our agent told us to do. She said it would save time later and to be honest, I am such a hoarder, I still had all our old passports and old photos helped us work out the countries we have visited so it wasnt too difficult.

The hard part for me now is going through all that old stuff and deciding what to keep and what to chuck before we move!

Val