Guest guest36187

I promise I'm not posting this to upset anyone, but I was talking to a friend who works in immigration, and

a). they are under staffed

b) There are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds applying for visas, and many of them are anything but straight forward, and have to be thoroughly investigated, which holds up the process considerably.

I'm on your side as we have to make the decision to apply for the parent visa or stay on our temporary visa, so was interested in my friends answer.

I totally sympathise and appreciate their workload and doubt anyone doesn't on here. However, for me it's their attitude - I can't accept that a few minutes each week updating site with useful going forward as well as what's been achieved info would make a shred of difference to progress times in a negative way and actually believe it would benefit workloads as us folks would be less likely to email asking for info individually. Kim

I totally sympathise and appreciate their workload and doubt anyone doesn't on here. However, for me it's their attitude - I can't accept that a few minutes each week updating site with useful going forward as well as what's been achieved info would make a shred of difference to progress times in a negative way and actually believe it would benefit workloads as us folks would be less likely to email asking for info individually. Kim

Promise I'm not going off track, but immi doesn't give a toss about applicants, only interested in takeing your money My son was on a bridging visa for 3 1/2 years because the government changed the rules retrospectively just after he lodged his valid visa application, he was one of the lucky ones who eventually got PR, most were left in limbo for more years and years, until the government canx. the visa applications, they had spent out thousands of dollars for nothing.

Looking on the bright side

There are three positives this morning

exchange rate currently at 1.96 to the £

the federal budget has raised the tax band for higher rate tax from 80,000 to 87,000 so we should all pay less tax

Immigration made a typo? Well it did move.......3 days, I reckon they were so busy that that forgot to put a 1 in front! If. I recall correctly they did tell Skeelsy That it would be about two weeks before she heard...... Or was that a flying pig?

Julie

the federal budget has raised the tax band for higher rate tax from 80,000 to 87,000 so we should all pay less tax

Immigration made a typo? Well it did move.......3 days, I reckon they were so busy that that forgot to put a 1 in front! If. I recall correctly they did tell Skeelsy That it would be about two weeks before she heard...... Or was that a flying pig?

Julie

I like first 2 positives - I consider the third a 'taking the mick' but I am smiling still - mainly due to the bottle I opened earlier Kim

This thread is freaking me out! Hi, I'm Crystal. I'm actually from the U.S. But this is the only forum I could find and reading through it has both made me hopeful and terrified. My mom applied for a CPV 173 lodged 6th of May 2014. She got the request for documents on the 8th of April and sent it all Within a half an hour of getting the email. Given that the processing time was supposed to be 12 to 24 months we were pretty sure we would've heard by today (naively perhaps). No such luck. Reading the above post regarding the 2014 allocation possibly being reached is freaking me out a bit.... I mean, Donald Trump might become president, so clearly my mother needs to get here. ?

This thread is freaking me out! Hi, I'm Crystal. I'm actually from the U.S. But this is the only forum I could find and reading through it has both made me hopeful and terrified. My mom applied for a CPV 173 lodged 6th of May 2014. She got the request for documents on the 8th of April and sent it all Within a half an hour of getting the email. Given that the processing time was supposed to be 12 to 24 months we were pretty sure we would've heard by today (naively perhaps). No such luck. Reading the above post regarding the 2014 allocation possibly being reached is freaking me out a bit.... I mean, Donald Trump might become president, so clearly my mother needs to get here. 

I emailed my agent about the rumour of the 2014 allocation having been reached and I received a reply that all their applicants who lodged before May had been allocated a Case Officer. The email ended with "... Currently, there are enough places to cater for demand of these visas."

It's not what you might call definitive and I don't think the agents know a lot more than we do, to be honest, but I interpret that final sentence to mean that the allocation has not been filled yet.

Guest geordie joe
This thread is freaking me out! Hi, I'm Crystal. I'm actually from the U.S. But this is the only forum I could find and reading through it has both made me hopeful and terrified. My mom applied for a CPV 173 lodged 6th of May 2014. She got the request for documents on the 8th of April and sent it all Within a half an hour of getting the email. Given that the processing time was supposed to be 12 to 24 months we were pretty sure we would've heard by today (naively perhaps). No such luck. Reading the above post regarding the 2014 allocation possibly being reached is freaking me out a bit.... I mean, Donald Trump might become president, so clearly my mother needs to get here. 

Hi Crystal

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure your mom will be fine for this years allocation and will hear soon.

I agree with your concerns regarding Mr Trump, however If he does get in I don't think anywhere in the world would be safe from the Trump effect.

Joe

Julie

Hi Julie,

Yay for the bright side of things ;-)

Just to remind, when I last asked immi for my HAP ID (the second begging e-mail I sent), they told me that I am welcome to ask mid-May - so I guess end of next week is close enough :-) I think I'll mention the AOS letter then too, and if that can be done, we should be all set once a CO is allocated. It may be worth all the "June-ies" giving it a go mid-May onwards. At least we will feel as though we are doing something more... we can't even count down sleeps after all, with no firm date for anything, yet...

Also, the UK Forex site today mentioned a high of 1.97 to the £ so even though that's minimal difference to 1.96, for anyone transferring high amounts, it worth shopping around. At least this delay means we're on the up again on the finance side!

Have a great weekend.

Amanda

Hi Crystal. You poor things you must be going stir crazy waiting. I am 23 May and heard nothing yet as to Case Officer. Kim

Hi Julie,

Yay for the bright side of things ;-)

Just to remind, when I last asked immi for my HAP ID (the second begging e-mail I sent), they told me that I am welcome to ask mid-May - so I guess end of next week is close enough :-) I think I'll mention the AOS letter then too, and if that can be done, we should be all set once a CO is allocated. It may be worth all the "June-ies" giving it a go mid-May onwards. At least we will feel as though we are doing something more... we can't even count down sleeps after all, with no firm date for anything, yet...

Also, the UK Forex site today mentioned a high of 1.97 to the £ so even though that's minimal difference to 1.96, for anyone transferring high amounts, it worth shopping around. At least this delay means we're on the up again on the finance side!

Have a great weekend.

Amanda

Hi Amanda

I'm planning to see how the update goes next Friday and then ask them probably early part of the following week. Let me know how you get on. I too will ask about the AOS as so far as I can see this is the item that will slow us all down, the sooner we can get on with it the better. I've been watching the exchange rate all day today I got really excited when it broke 1,97. Anyone got any thoughts on changing money now or waiting until after the referendum? It's a bit of a gamble but if we vote to stay in the exchange rate should fly high if we vote out, it doesn't bear thinking about. Wish I had a costal ball.

I'm counting down sleeps until we are homeless, oh er

Julie

Hi Crystal. You poor things you must be going stir crazy waiting. I am 23 May and heard nothing yet as to Case Officer. Kim

Hi Kim,

This is such a long wait for us all, I'm sure time slows as we get closer! Out of interest, were you given the HAP ID and other info regarding when to book medicals, police checks etc, at the time you received your initial acknowledgement? I think it may only be those from June 2014 who missed out on the info upfront? One thing for sure though, we all waited a VERY long time to receive an acknowledgement compared to now!

Your turn for a CO very soon! :-)

All the best,

Amanda

Hi Amanda

I'm planning to see how the update goes next Friday and then ask them probably early part of the following week. Let me know how you get on. I too will ask about the AOS as so far as I can see this is the item that will slow us all down, the sooner we can get on with it the better. I've been watching the exchange rate all day today I got really excited when it broke 1,97. Anyone got any thoughts on changing money now or waiting until after the referendum? It's a bit of a gamble but if we vote to stay in the exchange rate should fly high if we vote out, it doesn't bear thinking about. Wish I had a costal ball.

I'm counting down sleeps until we are homeless, oh er

Julie

Hiya, I'll let you know for sure if I get anywhere with the HAP ID (as long as I don't get told off again haha - they can't do that though, because I'll reply to their e-mail when they advised mid-May). I have no idea what to say about the exchange rate, but I am willing it to improve constantly, as we all are now. I don't get a vote on the referendum but will be keeping such a close eye on things! Good luck with the plans/timeline for you, I know you have a cut off date where you're living - it'll all work out great, you'll see!

Amanda

Edited by AmandaJB
error

Hi Kim,

This is such a long wait for us all, I'm sure time slows as we get closer! Out of interest, were you given the HAP ID and other info regarding when to book medicals, police checks etc, at the time you received your initial acknowledgement? I think it may only be those from June 2014 who missed out on the info upfront? One thing for sure though, we all waited a VERY long time to receive an acknowledgement compared to now!

Your turn for a CO very soon! :-)

All the best,

Amanda

Hi. We had to go on bended knee begging for Hap no as didn't get when lodged. Thanks for encouragement - much needed Kim

Have you had a request for further documentation to be sent yet? I originally thought that that request would come from a Case Officer but it was just a generic email from a different section of the Parent Visa team.

Hi Sadge

Don't panic, it's all pretty straightforward really.

I'll PM you with info on what we've done.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve, could you PM me as well. We received request for AOS.

Cheers

Katherine

...which would put you all in the top 14% of Australian income earners. That surprises me.

Hi Steve, could you PM me as well. We received request for AOS.

Cheers

Katherine

Hi Katherine

You're saying you've received your request for AOS but you only lodged your application In April 2016? Is that correct because if so, your case is moving really fast :wideeyed:

Just being a little nosy - sorry :embarrassed:

Thanks Val

Hi Katherine

You're saying you've received your request for AOS but you only lodged your application In April 2016? Is that correct because if so, your case is moving really fast :wideeyed:

Just being a little nosy - sorry :embarrassed:

Thanks Val

I am nosy too. She must be already on a 173 . Pls let us know Katherine.

Judy.

Edited by Bear2015

Update: So, because when my mom received her acknowledgement letter it said to commence Police checks 10 months after lodgement date....they have all expired. My mom got an email today stating that she had 28 days to get updated FBI and State Police checks. Luckily, I already had her get an updated Australian police check, I'm just kicking myself for not having her get all of the police checks redone. She is getting the checks done tomorrow and paying for expedited post so hopefully it won't take too long to get them back. (Also, how does everyone get all of their info down at the bottom of their posts?)

B

Update: So, because when my mom received her acknowledgement letter it said to commence Police checks 10 months after lodgement date....they have all expired. My mom got an email today stating that she had 28 days to get updated FBI and State Police checks. Luckily, I already had her get an updated Australian police check, I'm just kicking myself for not having her get all of the police checks redone. She is getting the checks done tomorrow and paying for expedited post so hopefully it won't take too long to get them back. (Also, how does everyone get all of their info down at the bottom of their posts?)

Hi

To put your details in the signature line go to settings (next to log in at the top right hand corner of the page) then go to edit signature on the left hand side.

Hope all goes well for your mom

Steve

Hi

If. I remember correctly your Mum lodged on 6th May 2014 and now has a case officer. This surely means that the date should mover quite a bit by Friday's update. It's real nuisance having to redo all the reports especially when it's not your fault they are running behind with applications. At least they are in touch now, good luck with everything.

Julie

Hi Julie

I like your thinking.....but. The Friday update last week said up to 9th May. We lodged on 12th May 2014 which was a Monday. As no one works weekends and no post on weekends then the next date should, therefore, be 12th May and you can guess our news. We are getting excited at being the first to wait 2 years for a CO

Roy