Guest guest36187

Guest geordie joe
So does this mean, that if they have reached or nearly reached the quota, that processing will only pick up again after July? I'm assuming it goes by financial year?

I can't believe how tedious this process is. Just when you think that you are getting somewhere, the wheels grind to a halt! :sad:

It just feels like the old mushroom syndrome keep us in the dark and feed is full of ...... What I struggle with is why they can't include the numbers on the test email reply. We know how many places are available each year, so why can't they show how many have been granted and how many are left each week. Having this level of detail will allow us to at least have a clearer understanding of when it's likely to be our turn based on the current run rates. Given we were looking at 18/20 months when we started on this journey, all we have seen is the light at the end of the tunnel get further and further away, at the current rate it's going to be closer to 26 months for some of us.

I appreciate the Immi staff in Perth will be doing their best to clear the back log, however the senior management need to look at the quality and detail of communication coming out to the applicants.

Joe

Guest geordie joe
Hi. Moomin

Tedious, frustrating, annoying, I could go on....... And on.......

if the update doesn't move forward this week I swear I'll ask Geordie Joe to go sort them out!

so near yet so far, hang on in Skeesley and Steely.

Julie

yes it's silly o'clock again 04.20 am

Sorry Julie, the current Mrs Geordie Joe says I'm not allowed to go to Perth city centre anymore since she caught me sharpening a chopping axe, I think she was remembering the scene from the film The Shining....

Joe

Sorry Julie, the current Mrs Geordie Joe says I'm not allowed to go to Perth city centre anymore since she caught me sharpening a chopping axe, I think she was remembering the scene from the film The Shining....

Joe

Sorry Mrs Geordie Joe I usually side with the ladies but in this case carry on sharpening Mr Geordie Joe.

Hear hear re 'transparency of information'.

However, it appears we are not worthy to be allowed into the 'circle of knowing'. Of course, who are we expect courtesy and inclusion as unlike the typical person likely to be working at immi we are not second or more generation Ozzie who are now benefitting from the hard work of generations before. We are just the parents of those who Australia needed and because of their skills are likely to make a big positive impact on the economy and all Australian benefit from that. Australia isn't being 'kind' letting us come as parents of these new much needed immigrants. They know our presence will likely limit the returning of this vital skills group to their original country due to family pressures. Childcare is lacking here so we provide quality free support to that infrastructure and we bring a wad of cash each year - approx $350 million a year. I am the mum of 2 Australian citizens and grandma to 2 native born Ozzies. I am a first generation migrant leaving loved ones behind and facing the Unknown.

Despite all all of this I apparently am not worthy of a short paragraph each week in the update giving useful progress news instead of where they are currently up to full stop.

Sorry I think I just went into rant mode - I feel tad better though.

I wonder if Immigration Agents have insight into how many visas of the allocation have actually been granted?

Maybe someone stole the office abacus - we could club together and get them a new one if that meant progress again!!!

Hi. Moomin

Tedious, frustrating, annoying, I could go on....... And on.......

if the update doesn't move forward this week I swear I'll ask Geordie Joe to go sort them out!

so near yet so far, hang on in Skeesley and Steely.

Julie

yes it's silly o'clock again 04.20 am

Oh Julie - I know just how you feel!! Fingers crossed there is some progress this week :confused:

omg thats insane :(. but basically we will get there by July or August right Moonmin, Julie ?? coz i assumed even if they run out of quota as at 30/6/2016, 1st July will come as a new financial year right

I am hoping so! :eek:

Hi all my remaining 2014ers

You must be feeling absolutely abandoned by Immi at the minute, I hope tomorrow brings you a positive update.

In the meantime try this.....

Cheers

Phil

Has anyone got any paracetamol??!!

Our first year isn't up until June 4th we are watching in nervous anticipation God knows how you are all keeping sane I wouldn't mind but we are paying a substantial sum and the communication leaves so much to be desired however the end goal is really worth it stay strong we are wishing for good news tomorrow and hopefully we can meet up next year x

Guest geordie joe

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, latest update email. Time to switch off the computer and go for a walk along the beach to see if that lifts my mood.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 9 May 2014.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, latest update email. Time to switch off the computer and go for a walk along the beach to see if that lifts my mood.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 9 May 2014.

i'm speeclhless, 3 days movement in 3 weeks, I just don't believe it! On your way to the beach Joe just drop into PVC and sort them out. It won,t be hard they should all be grouped together with their feet up drinking coffee!

julie

I promise I'm not posting this to upset anyone, but I was talking to a friend who works in immigration, and

a). they are under staffed

b) There are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds applying for visas, and many of them are anything but straight forward, and have to be thoroughly investigated, which holds up the process considerably.

I'm on your side as we have to make the decision to apply for the parent visa or stay on our temporary visa, so was interested in my friends answer.