Guest guest36187

Morning Alan

humph, this silly o'clock is driving me mad. Ever since we exchanged contracts on the house I've been up at 4 or 5 am. Just occasionally I get the luxury of 6am. Must be my mind trying to switch me to Ozzie time!

Hoping for a late May processing date so that next week it might possibly be approaching June 14 for me!

Julie

Hi Julie and Alan

I'm another member of the silly o`clock club - expensive subs eh?!

No answers to the test emails for me either.

Cheers

Steve

My thoughts exactly Kim.

when it gets to 5.30pm Perth time if the date hasn't changed I will know that someone in the PVC section is definitely winding us up!

hang on in there you are so near!!!

Julie

Thanks. I actually feel like crying as just could not bear another no change week or only small jump. Our three month stay ends 3 May and it no progress means we have to leave and come back AGAIN. When we did this 3 months ago we thought no way would be be still waiting at this point Kim

Hang in there everyone! Beginning to feel so close yet so far away!

We are the same as you Kim, in so far as I gave up my job just before Xmas, thinking worse case scenario we would be in Oz, all done and dusted back in Feb! Fortunately Karen (my missus) has a mate who has let us use her flat all in at mates rates! With no debts, and Karen on a half decent salary, we coped, but mentally and emotionally we are drained. It will all be worth it, you see, this time next year............ :wink:

Hello Everyone,

I’m new here and resigned to sitting at the back of the waiting room for a while.

I would love to hear any advise from you guys and the front of the queue?

Is there anything you would do differently if you were starting again?

Hello Everyone,

I’m new here and resigned to sitting at the back of the waiting room for a while.

hi SusieRoo, don't think we would change anything, it's a long process that you can only wait and wait as it takes its path.

As frustrating as it is, especially as dates you hope might be the ones, pass and go, I wish our system was similar to this one.

Good luck with your journey

No update this week! :mad:

I think we're now looking at 2+ years unfortunately as I think Maisie's timeline is well over 2 years. I was planning on leaving the UK in October but have now resigned myself to maybe around Christmas time. On the plus side, the exchange rate has improved very slightly after the recent plunge - every cloud .... etc.

Hi. Welcome. I only found this site few months ago and wish had discovered earlier. Definitely would not trust any timings as to wait. When I lodged was 16 to 18 months now 23 and increasing. Would have booked stress counsellor much earlier!!! Also would re-think moving money to Oz. I should have taken better advantage of better rates at the time as then found having to move money at less favourable exchange rate. Lastly needed much bigger pot of patience but not sure where you can buy such large quantities - sure you must be able to find on the internet somewhere?? Kim

Hi. Welcome. I only found this site few months ago and wish had discovered earlier. Definitely would not trust any timings as to wait. When I lodged was 16 to 18 months now 23 and increasing. Would have booked stress counsellor much earlier!!! Also would re-think moving money to Oz. I should have taken better advantage of better rates at the time as then found having to move money at less favourable exchange rate. Lastly needed much bigger pot of patience but not sure where you can buy such large quantities - sure you must be able to find on the internet somewhere?? Kim

I'm the same as you Kim - when I applied the waiting time was at the 18 month mark, which was just right for me as that would be when my 457 runs out. Now, with the increase in wait times, I find myself in a difficult position, trying to work out how I can stay here in Oz, keep my job, stay with my family, keep my home etc.

And sending test emails today and getting no reply does not help :cry:

Hello Everyone,

I would just add to what others have already said, that there is another visa you can apply for if aged over 65 (i've forgotten the number of that visa but somebody else will know) that has a much shorter processing time of about 6 months. Moneywise, it's much the same as the 143 I believe. I would qualify for that other visa in three months time. If I had known when I applied for the 143 that the processing time was likely to become so extended, I would have waited until age 65 and applied for the other one. It would have gained me nothing timewise, but it would have saved me 2 years odd of stress and worry as I would only have been involved in all this waiting and guessing nonsense for about 6 months or so. But hey, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Hello Everyone,

I got post

lfinishing

Hi SusieRoo

welcome to the forum and the waiting room. What would we do differently?

sell house first and move into rented, rather than try to time the two together, it is sooooo stressful and having nowhere to live in 7 weeks and no case officer is driving us up the wall.

you need to try and have some control over what you are doing, it just feels like someone else is always pulling the strings and moving the goalposts.

bag a good exchange rate and fix it for 2 years if you can via someone like Moneycorp. We missed out on this last year as we hadn't sold and now looking at a vastly decreased rate.

be prepared for everything you know and understand about CPV processing to be thrown up in the air and land much later with a completely new set of rules. We started out in June 14 expecting 18 months and here we are looking at probably two years plus and a stupid last minute dash to the finishing post frantically trying to get Australian government bodies such as Centrelink to get a wriggle on with paperwork.

keep an eye on this forum it is a lifesaver. There are times when you will despair of it ever happening but there is always someone on here who has "been there done that"who will help you through any problems.

Finally you you need patience, regular therapy sessions, a vat of alcohol, cakes or chocolate (whatever does it for you) and try to keep your sense of humour!

the one thing a really got right was starting to de clutter and sort at least 18 months in advance, it all takes longer than you think and it is now such a relief that just about most of the selling and sorting is out of the way.

good luck,

Julie

Hi

i would echo all the above comments, especially the decluttering! Keeping in touch with others on this forum is a real comfort when things are going a bit pear shaped. My advice is double check everything you send off. I ended up having to pay a premium to get my police checks back in time because I had made a silly mistake with my passport photograph. good luck!

Hello everyone and congratulations to all those of you who have just left or are about to leave the "waiting room", leaving space for those of us who are near to the back of the queue.

The point of being granted my 143 visa is still a long way off for me as I only lodged my application in Dec 15, but I am starting to plan ahead and am looking at options. I'm wary of selling my house before I actually get the visa through"just in case" it doesn't come off. So, that would leave me putting the house up for sale etc right at the last minute. I'm in the enviable position of not being dependent on my house sale to pay the second VAC.

First issue is (and here I turn to the knowledge and experience of those who have gone before me!) how long do I have, from the point where Immi finally make a positive decision for me, to:

1) pay the second VAC

2) actually arrive in Australia so that the visa can be granted? I know that there is a 12 month limit from the date of medical and police

checks but is there also another limit imposed?

2nd issue:

if I am already in Australia on a visitor visa when I get the word, then can I stay without problems until my stay term on that holiday visa expires?

3rd issue:

1)once I actually enter Australia and therefore activate the 143 visa then am I immediately

as a permanent resident there?

2) Or do I have to be continually there for a certain period before I am classed as Permanent?

3) until I am classed as permanent then I presumably continue to be a permanent resident here, i.e. Uk.

sorry to pose so many questions but there are big implications of residency in terms of tax, pensions, health care, insurance etc etc. Also, as in theory my 143 would be granted around December when flight prices are at a premium, then waiting longer, or having an advance "holiday, with planned return" would probably be to my advantage.

many thanks in advance for your help. Next year will soon come round and I need to have my informed plan of action in place!

Angela

It will all be over soon Steve, and you wil be in Australia for good.

Hi Glynis

Thanks for the message.

How's it going with your application? I often think about you.

Best wishes

Steve

Edited by Steve2

Hey Steve we are off the Melbourne later this year all being well. I,m an Essex girl too where abouts are you in Essex?

Hi

We're off to Perth.

We're in Colchester, where are you?

What visa are you waiting for and when did you lodge?

Good luck

Steve

Just down the road in Witham would you believe it! my other half s waiting for sponsored 457 lots of interest from BMW dealership but because we can't be ready to move because of our cats until October they can't commit yet but his time is running out as he's 50 this year. If that doesn't pan out then the CPV route as my son lives in Melbourne and can sponser us. Are you going out for work or family or retirement?

Hi Glynis

Thanks for the message.

How's it going with your application? I often think about you.

Best wishes

Steve

Hi Steve, Obviously forgot to put on forum. Much to my surprise my visa was granted in February. At the end everything was very quick. I was one of the lucky ones and had my HAP number at the beginning. Had my medical in November and I was advised to get a letter from my oncologist to take with me. It included diagnosis, where I was with the treatment and what was the prognosis. Also what Tests would I need for the next five years. It was sent to immi and it then went quiet. Went to Australia for christmas and while I was there CO was allocated the request was received for AOS, and police check. AOS was really easy and was completed before I came home. Police check had to be completed before the 5th January, however not home until the 4th so my agent e-mailed immi and explained. I had to pay for the quick turn around, and send the certificate of postage to my agent. Response was quick and police check sent to immi on the 9th January. Request for 2nd VAC was received and luckily I signed for my son to be able to sign on my Australian bank account. This was the quickest part the chq was sent registered and was signed for at 10:00am on the 9th February and my visa was granted before 12:00. I fly out on the 26th June to Adelaide. I haven't seen anyone else on the forum going to Adelaide. I really didn't think I would get a visa straight away. It did take 24 months. Acknowledgement was 10th February 2014 and granted on the 9th February 2016.

Sorry it rambles on that's chemo brain for you.

Best wishes

Glynis

Hello everyone and congratulations to all those of you who have just left or are about to leave the "waiting room", leaving space for those of us who are near to the back of the queue.

The point of being granted my 143 visa is still a long way off for me as I only lodged my application in Dec 15, but I am starting to plan ahead and am looking at options. I'm wary of selling my house before I actually get the visa through"just in case" it doesn't come off. So, that would leave me putting the house up for sale etc right at the last minute. I'm in the enviable position of not being dependent on my house sale to pay the second VAC.

First issue is (and here I turn to the knowledge and experience of those who have gone before me!) how long do I have, from the point where Immi finally make a positive decision for me, to:

1) pay the second VAC

2) actually arrive in Australia so that the visa can be granted? I know that there is a 12 month limit from the date of medical and police

checks but is there also another limit imposed?

2nd issue:

if I am already in Australia on a visitor visa when I get the word, then can I stay without problems until my stay term on that holiday visa expires?

3rd issue:

1)once I actually enter Australia and therefore activate the 143 visa then am I immediately

as a permanent resident there?

2) Or do I have to be continually there for a certain period before I am classed as Permanent?

3) until I am classed as permanent then I presumably continue to be a permanent resident here, i.e. Uk.

sorry to pose so many questions but there are big implications of residency in terms of tax, pensions, health care, insurance etc etc. Also, as in theory my 143 would be granted around December when flight prices are at a premium, then waiting longer, or having an advance "holiday, with planned return" would probably be to my advantage.

many thanks in advance for your help. Next year will soon come round and I need to have my informed plan of action in place!

Angela

Hi Angela

We've just had our visas granted. The timing was very quick at the end - we had an email asking for police checks, form 80, medicals and AOS information, all to be provided 28 days from the date of their email, which you are assumed to have received the date it was sent.

Medicals were straightforward to arrange and attend. The police checks were straightforward to arrange and could be requested online or by post, but they take a surprising ten working days from date the application is received, so have your passport photographs ready! Be aware that if you have lived in more than one country during the ten years prior to your visa application being processed you have to provide a police check from each country.

Once we had returned all the requested docs (by email, they didn't give a snail mail option) there was a pause of w few days (I'm not sure it's the same for everyone but I don't think they hang about) then we had an email request for the second vac, to be paid within 28 days.

We were about to visit Australia on holiday as all this happened so I contacted immi for advice. They told me that they could eithe wait till we left Australia before issuing the visa ( necessitating a further visit within 12 months to validate it) or we could go offshore for a few days. We followed a well trodden path to New Zealand for a week. We had to email our travel arrangements to immi before we left, and the visa was granted the day after we arrived in Auckland.

This only happened a couple of weeks ago so I'm not entirely sure about the residence issues you mentioned myself. We are just enjoying the rest of our holiday and will worry about the rest of it when we get home.

Good Luck!

Edited by Fisher1