Guest guest36187

Hi guys. We lodged our application for 143 on 23rd of June 2014. I was just wondering if we can ask for HAP number for medical checks or we have to wait for case officer to be allocated. Thank you very much

We asked twice, as the first time they refused, but on the second occasion they gave us the HAP numbers, so for the sake of an email I guess it's worth asking for them. Good luck

Hi guys. We lodged our application for 143 on 23rd of June 2014. I was just wondering if we can ask for HAP number for medical checks or we have to wait for case officer to be allocated. Thank you very much

Hi

we lodged the same day as you and we are also anxious for hap nos but it is still too soon to ask. I'm going to try when their processing dates get to the end of May 14 (they are on 6 May at the moment) unless of course a case officer contacts me first. Another member who lodged on 24th June was told it would be mid May 16 before we were likely to hear. It's all very frustrating!

Julie

Hi

we lodged the same day as you and we are also anxious for hap nos but it is still too soon to ask. I'm going to try when their processing dates get to the end of May 14 (they are on 6 May at the moment) unless of course a case officer contacts me first. Another member who lodged on 24th June was told it would be mid May 16 before we were likely to hear. It's all very frustrating!

Julie

Hi Julie. Yes indeed it is very frustrating. I feel like an idiot keep sending them email with no subjects every week and waiting for reply to track on the processing date too. but guess not much we can do right. i can see on the reply email from them that we will be given a case officer on the 23th month so i guess we should be receiving our case officer in mid May or end May too. Lets keep us all updated. Cheers

Hi all

Two questions on the 143.

I spoke to Australia House in London on Friday and during the conversation I mentioned that if we were in Australia on an e651 visa then we have to leave the country and go offshore for the 143 to be granted - the staff member said no we don't; has anyone had experience of this and confirm who's correct?

Also, if we are in Australia and do have to leave to activate the visa, do we have to do it together of can we do so separately? (it's all down to dog care issues with our family)

These things are a worry to us and feeling very stressed and feel like giving it all up today.

Cheers

Steve

Hi all

I spoke to Australia House in London on Friday and during the conversation I mentioned that if we were in Australia on an e651 visa then we have to leave the country and go offshore for the 143 to be granted - the staff member said no we don't; has anyone had experience of this and confirm who's correct?

Also, if we are in Australia and do have to leave to activate the visa, do we have to do it together of can we do so separately? (it's all down to dog care issues with our family)

These things are a worry to us and feeling very stressed and feel like giving it all up today.

Cheers

Steve

Stick in there Steve, not sure what the correct answer is, but we have planned to go offshore if our 143 hasn't been granted by the time we fly.

We have read this and seen others do this over the 2 years we have waited to get to this stage, and to be honest, taken it as an action we need to take.

We don't have a dog to consider granted, but don't give up!

Hi all

Cheers

Steve

hi Steve

having exactly the same sort of day as you, loosing the will.....

I'd also be interested to hear if anyone has not had to go offshore once in Oz for visa grant. It would make our situation much more manageable.

Hang on in there, I think the weekends are always worse because we know no one is working on our applications.

Julie

Hi all

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

I was always under the impression that if you applied off shore then you had to be off shore to get your visa. It would benefit us no end if we could stay and still get the visa granted but I'm sure you have to be off shore.

I'm not sure if you can do it separately either!

Lets hope there will be someone on here who has entered the country separately and can clarify that it can be done. Or when you get allocated your case officer you could ask them.

Don't give up Steve, it'll all come right in the end - keep smiling

maisie x

hi Steve

having exactly the same sort of day as you, loosing the will.....

I'd also be interested to hear if anyone has not had to go offshore once in Oz for visa grant. It would make our situation much more manageable.

Hang on in there, I think the weekends are always worse because we know no one is working on our applications.

Julie

You keep smiling too Julie, we will all get there! Just a few more hoops to jump through and you'll be on your way

maisie xx

Hi all

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve I have my visa letter in front of me and it says

Applicants who are in Australia

An application cannot be finalised while an applicant is in Australia.

All applicants who are in Australia are required to make arrangements to depart Australia within 28 days of the date of this email.

Within 7 days applicants are required to provide a scanned copy of their departure arrangements from Australia to the Parent Visa Centre. Applicants should allow a minimum of 3 working days for a visa to be granted following departure from Australia.

Hope this helps.

I am almost certain that you both have to enter together to activate visa.

Good Luck. You are nearly at the end.

Linda

• Like 1

Hi all

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

I get confused with all the visa numbers so my post may or may not be relevant.

I know that there are two type of CPV, onshore and off shore. My MIL has applied for the off shore (173) since she was in the UK when she sent in her application. She needs to leave Australia to re enter in order to activate the visa.

On shore visa, I think speaks for itself :)

Hope this helps.

Hi all

Cheers

Steve

The people who answer the phone don't always know all the ins and outs - I wouldn't always take what they say as gospel. And not even the case officers! We were in Australia on a 173 and my case officer told me we would have to leave the country so they could grant our 143. Not true! I had to go on the internet myself and copy and paste the relevant information into an email and send it to him! He agreed I was right. For the 143 offshore visa to be granted you need to be offshore unless you are already in Australia on a 173 - unless they have changed the rules recently, but I don't think so.

• Like 1

Hi Steve I have my visa letter in front of me and it says

Applicants who are in Australia

An application cannot be finalised while an applicant is in Australia.

All applicants who are in Australia are required to make arrangements to depart Australia within 28 days of the date of this email.

Within 7 days applicants are required to provide a scanned copy of their departure arrangements from Australia to the Parent Visa Centre. Applicants should allow a minimum of 3 working days for a visa to be granted following departure from Australia.

Hope this helps.

I am almost certain that you both have to enter together to activate visa.

Good Luck. You are nearly at the end.

Linda

Hi Linda

Thanks so much for this, clarifies everything, even if it's not what we wanted to hear, but at least we now know for sure.

I think it's outrageous that the staff at Australia House don't know their own rules as they misled me immensely, although I was pretty sure I was right anyway.

Hope you're settling down over there and we look forward to meeting you when/if the day comes.

Take care

Steve

Hi

Julie

Hi Julie and Tien, my parents have the same date as you too! I have emailed twice now to ask for Hap Id's but have been told to wait as it is still too early. I guess the non movement this week is due to all those application who hadn't been originally given Hap id's now frantically getting medicals and AOS's done. I'm going to try again in a couple of weeks, but let us know if you have any success!

Guest geordie joe
Hi everyone

When you ask for your HAP ids don't forget to also ask for the centrelink referral letter for your AOS as the AOS takes a lot longer to do than your medicals. You need the referral letter from Immi to take to centrelink to start the ball rolling.

Linda

Thanks for the heads up Linda. Having seen from others how quick a visa can be granted once a CO is allocated if all the info is in place it's really frustrating that we can't start this part of the process.

Joe

Hi everyone

When you ask for your HAP ids don't forget to also ask for the centrelink referral letter for your AOS as the AOS takes a lot longer to do than your medicals. You need the referral letter from Immi to take to centrelink to start the ball rolling.

Linda

Hi Linda,

I am using an agent - is this something that the agent will automatically do, get this number for the medical and the referral letter from IMMI?

Sadge

Hi Linda,

I am using an agent - is this something that the agent will automatically do, get this number for the medical and the referral letter from IMMI?

Sadge

Hi Sadge

I was one of the lucky ones and I was given all this information with my acknowledgment letter so I was able to have everything done ready for the case officer. I am assuming you will get an email from Immi with the relevant info so you can get these things done. Sorry not much help

Linda

Hi all

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve, we lodged our application a week ahead of you and both myself and my parents have been in Australia since then. I applied for a student visa to do my master as i am the dependant and my parents staying here with tourist visa. My sisters sponsored us in the application. As far as i know from our lawyer, after we pay for all the VAC fees , we will have to leave the country for about a week in order for the visa to be granted. Doesnt matter if you go all together or separate.