Guest guest36187

Hi All,

We've just had the most lovely email...............

Visa Grant

:ssign19:

That was much quicker than I imagined.

Now come on Immi have a look at how my Visa was processed....

Form 80 completed with original application.

Early Med and Poloice Check requests.

Early contact for AOS.

CO to grant 4 days.

There has to be a future in this for all the CPV's

Thanks to all my fellow sufferers on the forum for helping make this a more than just bearable process.

Good Luck to the 2014ers awaiting your turn.

To all the 15ers time really does fly, it'll be here before you know it. even if it doesn't feel like it.

Thats it, I'm up off my seat and leaving the waiting room. Shuffle along everyone, one seat closer.

Cheers

Phil

go Phil go!!!! congrats

Hi All,

Visa Grant

Early contact for AOS.

CO to grant 4 days.

Thanks to all my fellow sufferers on the forum for helping make this a more than just bearable process.

To all the 15ers time really does fly, it'll be here before you know it. even if it doesn't feel like it.

Thats it, I'm up off my seat and leaving the waiting room. Shuffle along everyone, one seat closer.

Cheers

Phil

Oh my word - it seems that once you get near to the end of the process things just skate along. Wonderful news. Allow me to be the first to say "congratulations" (unless somebody else is quicker on the keyboard than me!

Oh my word - it seems that once you get near to the end of the process things just skate along. Wonderful news. Allow me to be the first to say "congratulations" (unless somebody else is quicker on the keyboard than me!

I just knew it!

Hi All,

Visa Grant

Early contact for AOS.

CO to grant 4 days.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil

Blimey you shot through the door faster than the speed of sound! Many congratulations. As you say if IMMI organise themselves it really can go quickly. Well we live in hope!

julie

Hi All,

Visa Grant

Early contact for AOS.

CO to grant 4 days.

Cheers

Phil

Many, many congratulations, that's brilliant news. So pleased for you. Raising a big glass of wine to you

Best wishes

Maisie

Hi All,

Visa Grant

Early contact for AOS.

CO to grant 4 days.

Cheers

Phil

Brilliant news Phil.

We're not jealous really we're not (oh alright - yes we are!).

Look forward to our beer in Little Creatures or somewhere once we're out there.

Enjoy your champers - you've earned it.

All the best

Steve

Guest geordie joe
Hi All,

Visa Grant

Early contact for AOS.

CO to grant 4 days.

Cheers

Phil

Great news Phil, just goes to show when immi allow people to get themselves organised in advance things move at the right pace. Pretty soon the April row of seats will be empty.

Hi All,

Visa Grant

Early contact for AOS.

CO to grant 4 days.

Cheers

Phil

That's brilliant news phil

many congratulations to you.:laugh:

Bit jealous as we still don't get any reply by immigration.

we have submitted every documents and form 80 on friday 1st april still no reply yet :(

frustrated and nervous :daydreaming:

Hi all am lodging a CPV 143 tomorrow for my inlaws. Was trying to get a feel for processing times. Most people's signatures are indicating the full two years that is currently estimated by DEPT of IMMI. Anyone else had any quicker processing?

One quick question - are there extra complications if your parent is over 70?

Regards

Katherine

Hi all am lodging a CPV 143 tomorrow for my inlaws. Was trying to get a feel for processing times. Most people's signatures are indicating the full two years that is currently estimated by DEPT of IMMI. Anyone else had any quicker processing?

One quick question - are there extra complications if your parent is over 70?

Regards

Katherine

Hi. if parents are over 70 I think you want to aged contributory parent visa - sorry don't know visa no. That visa is quicker I believe than 143/173 Kim

Maisie, I'm confused - I thought your daughter had already done the AoS paperwork, yet you haven't paid it or been asked for it? Are there two stages to the AoS?

My understanding of the AOS process is that Immi email you a letter which you have to email to your sponsor so that they can attach it to their form (a different form from the one they filled in with the original application), the sponsor then make an appointment or just turns up at any Centrelink office to lodge the AOS papers (they need to take originals of their ID).

Centrelink will then do a telephone interview with your sponsor and will then write to them asking them to open the Commonwealth Bank a/c (costs $300) and deposit the bond money ($14,000 for two parents).

The bank will then contact Centrelink and Immi to confirm that the bond is in place.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I've got it wrong but I hope this helps.

All the best

Steve

Hello Steve, as far as I am aware the Senior's card does not affect the AOS. We use it regularly, and are always asking for senior's discounts; sometimes the card is asked for, but just by looking at us they can tell, haha. Although, when we asked for a senior's discount at the Titantic exhibition for visiting UK friends it was not allowed without them having a card. It also gives free travel on buses and trains plus more things I am sure, if I cared to read the booklet that was sent.

hope to see you soon over here 

Hi

Great to hear from you and I hope that you're both well.

Good to know that there are some free benefits after paying all that money out to get there.

We will definitely meet up this time!

Take care

Steve

My understanding of the AOS process is that Immi email you a letter which you have to email to your sponsor so that they can attach it to their form (a different form from the one they filled in with the original application), the sponsor then make an appointment or just turns up at any Centrelink office to lodge the AOS papers (they need to take originals of their ID).

Centrelink will then do a telephone interview with your sponsor and will then write to them asking them to open the Commonwealth Bank a/c (costs $300) and deposit the bond money ($14,000 for two parents).

The bank will then contact Centrelink and Immi to confirm that the bond is in place.

All the best

Steve

Thanks Steve - that makes sense now.

Hi All,

Visa Grant

Early contact for AOS.

CO to grant 4 days.

Cheers

Phil

Fantastic! Congratulations!! When it's written down like that it all looks so straightforward! I think those for June 2014 onward are going to be less organised unfortunately and likely delayed for a couple of months compared too.

Oh lucky, lucky you!!

All the best,

Amanda

All the best

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for this info - I can't believe there is a $300 fee to open a bank account! It really doesn't end does it. I'm sounding a right moaning minnie today haha

Cheers

Amanda

Hi Steve,

Thanks for this info - I can't believe there is a $300 fee to open a bank account! It really doesn't end does it. I'm sounding a right moaning minnie today haha

Cheers

Amanda

Hi Amanda

Yes it's very generous of us all to keep making donations to the Aussie economy!

Hope all's going well for you,

Steve

All the best

Steve

Hi Steve.

I anticipate the fee payable to the CBA represents their charge for arranging a bank guarantee, rather than for the opening of a bank account.

Best regards.

How did you get the AOS early?

@HARLEYDPHIL

Hi Alan,

The simple answer is I'm not sure. I think Immi changed the way they deal with 143CPV applications around the time we applied. We had a referral letter the same time as Police and Meds. Now, whether that was down to my agent hanging on to it from lodgement or they have a bit of pull because they are based in Perth, I am unsure. However I am certain it's a far better way to deal with AOS. It makes much more sense to allow people to get that bit out of the way the month before CO.

Cheers

Phil

Edited by HARLEYDPHIL

Brilliant news Phil.

We're not jealous really we're not (oh alright - yes we are!).

Look forward to our beer in Little Creatures or somewhere once we're out there.

Enjoy your champers - you've earned it.

All the best

Steve

Hi Steve,

Think I"ll have to check out Little Creatures a few more times until you arrive :biglaugh:

Your summary of the AOS was spot on, the only thing different (good news) is the fee when we did ours in Jan was only $200

Don't think it's gone up.

Cheers

Phil

A huge congrats to those of you who are just stepping out of the waiting room door and good luck to those who's who are nearly there. To the rest of us ..... Hang in there.

Was wondering if any one who has gone or who are going out on the e600 visa could give me some advise regarding the travel / health insurance I need to set in place before applying for the visa .

Thanks in advance

Lisa

Hi Steve,

Think I"ll have to check out Little Creatures a few more times until you arrive :biglaugh:

Your summary of the AOS was spot on, the only thing different (good news) is the fee when we did ours in Jan was only $200

Don't think it's gone up.

Cheers

Phil

Any excuse eh?? Like your style mate!

Not sure where I got $300 from.

Edited by Steve2

Hi everyone I'm a newbie to the forum we submitted our application 4/6/15 I've been reading some of your posts and I can't imagine how all of the Spring/summer 2014s must be feeling!!! I'm only 10 months in and I feel like our life is on hold!!! What a destination we have in sight though????? Just want to wish all those who have there feet nearly in the door GOOD LUCK and to all the 2015s hopefully we can all help support each other over the coming months????? we are looking to settle in Mandurah which is about 60/70k south of Perth that's where my daughter / son-in-law and gorgeous granddaughter live they are having a house built and are looking to move in sometime in July????. Can't wait to join them

Hi

I am just behind you in the queue, but I am going out on a visitor visa this November to Perth.

I have a friend in Mandurah, it's lovely, and not that far away from Perth, I will keep in touch with the site, and if you let me know when you arriving we could arrange to meet up after you have settled in.

As other members have said it can be hard to get into a social circle, but as 'waiting room' members meet and invite others to BBQ or other occasions, and depending who is there, it can start a new vine............

Not everyone gets along with everyone, but the more people's paths we can cross, the more we are able to make friends along the way........even if it not the original person we met.

Keep in touch, I am sure we will soon be like the 2014 mob!!! I bet they feel like they know each other already?

Bev