Guest guest36187

Hi Amanda, we also have an HSBC AUD account. We asked about a opening a GBP account for Australia with them but it was such a kerfuffle to do it here that we took all the necessary documents to HSBC in Canberra last October. Took about an hour to open it. Very helpful there. Just be sure you take all the necessary ID. HSBC here will be able to give you a list of what you want. With regard to the furniture going out, we are sending it to our daughter as some of it is hers, so hopefully there won't be a problem. It will be in her name. Kathy

Thanks Kathy, that's helpful - our problem is we're in the UK still, and not going to Aus now until our visa has granted. I will see what details they come back with soon.

Amanda

oh my goodness now I am really scared/panicking

hVe done my form 80 but don't know how to scan them back as a single pdf as there are 18 pages each can anyone tell me how to do it!!

Off on holiday for a week in morning so want it all ready to go if the email comes

Linda

Hi Linda,

I know that your on hols but I'm hoping you've had the email by now.

Fingers and everything crossed for you.

Cheers

Phil

Hi kath,try not to feel discouraged you WILL get there!,it's hard to understand all this red tape,time-wasting etc,wouldn't mind if it wasn't costing a big pot of cash!!!! Ruby

Thanks for the encouragement Ruby - I agree, its the money that makes it all sting a bit :smile: I'm curious to know what happens to the 14,000 dollars if they don't give us a visa. My husband pointed out that - at speed the exchange rate is dropping, we could get it back and make a nice little profit changing it back into sterling haha. All together now "always look on the bright side ..." Things seem to be falling into place now - the nice lady from ACRO rang tonight to say our police checks had been dispatched and should arrive tomorrow and I have a translator for the Belgian ones, so there's only the AOS letter outstanding. I think I'll ask my daughter to scan the receipt from the bank and send them that if the letter doesn't turn up in time. At least we don't need to worry about how to pay the second vac - I suddenly realised that we'll be in Australia soon so can organise the payment when we get there - presumably they give you a week or two to pay!

Good luck collecting all your paperwork when the email comes, Dolphin 1962 - you sound more organised than I was!

kath

I'm checking in all the time to see if Dolphin1962 has got the big yes yet!!

Also wondering if we will be in the running this week or will we have to wait another week!!! Stress, stress, stress LOL

maisie

Hi Maisie,

Hopefully Immi aren't having a week with their feet up :wink:

Fingers crossed for you also.

Cheers

Phil

Thanks for the encouragement Ruby - I agree, its the money that makes it all sting a bit :smile: I'm curious to know what happens to the 14,000 dollars if they don't give us a visa. My husband pointed out that - at speed the exchange rate is dropping, we could get it back and make a nice little profit changing it back into sterling haha. All together now "always look on the bright side ..." Things seem to be falling into place now - the nice lady from ACRO rang tonight to say our police checks had been dispatched and should arrive tomorrow and I have a translator for the Belgian ones, so there's only the AOS letter outstanding. I think I'll ask my daughter to scan the receipt from the bank and send them that if the letter doesn't turn up in time. At least we don't need to worry about how to pay the second vac - I suddenly realised that we'll be in Australia soon so can organise the payment when we get there - presumably they give you a week or two to pay!

Good luck collecting all your paperwork when the email comes, Dolphin 1962 - you sound more organised than I was!

kath

Seems to be all coming together for you now Kath, so that is good news. Please can you send me details of who you are using for your Translation of the Belgian document as I will need to do the same for my French one ..... eventually!

Guest geordie joe
Hi everyone thanks for your support but still NOTHING yet am on my phone checking emails and am getting very frustrated thought I would have had the email this week!! So near yet so far

Right Linda that's it I'm going into Perth tomorrow and speak to one of the lesser spotted immi "workers" and demand they send you an email. Don't they realise how many people are staring at this thread waiting for a Dolphin1962 post with some good news.

Joe

Hi all

I know this hasbeendiscussed on here before, but I can't find the relevant posts so apologies for rehashing old topics. my question is ... How do I actually get the money for my 143 visa from my bank account in Sydney to immi? My daughter has lodged the AOS bond so that bits easy we just transfer the money to her, but I'm sure I read that transferring the money to immi wasn't straightforward (is any of this?) and I don't want to make any mistakes. all advice welcome.

Hi again Kath. You can could simply do an on line transfer to your daughters account then ask her to get the bank cheque to send to immi. I have done numerous transfers in this way and it is very straightforward, except that the bank sends a code to approve the transfer. I have my daughters phone for any contacts so the code goes to her. I just have to have her on Skype/FaceTime at the same time that I am doing the transfer so she can tell me what the code is! Your daughter would be able to then get a bank cheque made out to immi.

Hi again Kath. You can could simply do an on line transfer to your daughters account then ask her to get the bank cheque to send to immi. I have done numerous transfers in this way and it is very straightforward, except that the bank sends a code to approve the transfer. I have my daughters phone for any contacts so the code goes to her. I just have to have her on Skype/FaceTime at the same time that I am doing the transfer so she can tell me what the code is! Your daughter would be able to then get a bank cheque made out to immi.

Thanks angela - I've actually been so stressed out that I was thinking I had to send the money with form 80 et Al. of course that's not the case - and my husband gently pointed out that we will actually be in Sydney in two weeks, all being well, so can arrange the whole payment thing ourselves. Honestly my brain has gone to mush.

ive just sent you a pm with the translation details by the way.

All our close friends know we're considering going but they dont know we're on the point of getting the visa (or not) as you say Ruby, couldn't stand the stress. which is why, having spent a week agonising over form 80 I had to immediately start work on forty general knowledge questions for the pub quiz. ...I've never felt less like ding a ou quiz in my life, but cant no explain why my brain feels scrambled. Probably do me good to get out, particularly since the computer packed up today.

Hi everyone thanks for your support but still NOTHING yet am on my phone checking emails and am getting very frustrated thought I would have had the email this week!! So near yet so far

Oh dolphin1962, so disappointing and frustrating!! I'd be glued to my email . We're so close behind you, I'm hoping the date moves on this week to include us. Hope you hear really soon

Maisie xx

I think time we sent @geordie joe I with bag of of laxative pellets to sprinkle over 'lesser spotted' lunches - sufficient to spoil their weekend but then be ok to be back at work - well probably won't make a difference if they are at their desks or not - zero progress can't be that taxing can it???? Hopefully they might feel a bit of our pain and get of their ***** Kim