Guest guest36187

Hi all,

Those of you lucky ones who are already in Oz on the e600 tourist visa while you wait for your CPV to be granted I wondered if you had to book a return plane ticket or if a one way ticket was acceptable .

Lisa

Hi Lisa

i was advised to go for a return ticket, and I have to say, the cost difference is very minimal!

The earlier you book the cheaper the flight.

Bev

Hi everyone, I just wanted to congratulate everyone who are nearly there and have sold their houses, it is a bit depressing to think we probably have another year at least to wait, is there any way of knowing how many applications they get per year? We don't want to sell our house too early but likewise don't want to be held back after visa is hopefully issued. What is required on form 80? it sounds pretty horrendous!

Thank you all for keeping our seats warm in the waiting room and giving so much helpful advice we are slowly shuffling up.

CPV lodged 09/04/15 Acknowledged 11/05/15 First VAC receipt 17/04/15

Hi, nyorksgrannie

If you want to know whats required in the dreaded 'Form 80' you can have a look by going to the immi web site and downloading it. The easiest way is to google Form 80 143 visa and it should take you straight there. It says form 80 on the first page.

Most of what they ask is quite straightforward - name, address, have you been to Australia before, what visa, etc. You can just go through the form ticking off the boxes. The two points I found really difficult were questions about work and travel. My work record was easy because I used to be a teacher so they all started and finished with school terms, but try remembering all the jobs you've had, with dates if you've had quite a few jobs with no clear pattern of dates, like my husband. We ended up trawling the loft for old pay slips. The travel question was also difficult because we've travelled about quite a bit and they want to know every country you've visited apart from Australia for the last ten years. With dates. In the end, we did the best we could and wrote 'approximately' next to anything we weren't sure of.

I found it useful to download it before I got the big email from immi, but it still took me ages to do. I found that the answer was a bit at a time. I've just finished doing the form 80 for myself and my husband (my writing is more legible than his) and we're going through them tomorrow to make sure we haven't missed anything. Hallelujah!!

Edited by Fisher1

Hi lovely members,

Just noticed on the CPV Tracker, someone named "DeeSyd" who lodged /was acknowledged on 29/10/2015 has paid the second Vac by 18/02/2016 (last week). Can someone please shed some light on how this could have happened. It says days to CO 83.

Judy.

I saw that last week and couldn't work out how such a short time frame was possible. I wish it was that quick, it might save me a lot of hassle :unsure:

I just noticed that as well. Surely must be either someone like @Fisher1 who converted from non - contributory or maybe it's a 173 to 143 Kim

Hi all

I think Skeelsy is probably right - ours was very quick but I don't think quite that quick. (I haven't written my dates along the bottom because I havent worked out how to do it yet!) We sent our papers in sometime in January and the big email came on February fourth. Bit shocked actually, because I wasn't convinced they would count the time we'd spent waiting on 103 ... clearly they do! Expensive route - you have to pay the initial fees again.

Hi Lisa

i was advised to go for a return ticket, and I have to say, the cost difference is very minimal!

The earlier you book the cheaper the flight.

Bev

Hi Bev,

Think I'll start looking now then as we are planning on going end of Oct.

Thanks for the info

Lisa

Hi Fisher, thanks for the info on form 80, I think we actually filled one in with our application, maybe the agent sent it too early. Will now have a search to find the copy so we don't have to start from scratch again, hope we have one!

Our agent had us fill in form80 with the application for visa,if it has to be altered I'm sure she will let us know,only going to Aussie abroad this year last year Portugal, agent will still have form so will be checked before it goes off ?

Edited by rubyford

I'm currently looking for a translator to strand ate French police certinto English. Tried to ring the Aus high commission in London for advice - well I won't be bothering with that again. It's ridiculous, it's one side of paper which states name, date and place of birth and then says 'no convictions'. I'm no doubt going to have to pay through the nose for someone to translate the blindingly obvious - anyone with a French GCSE could do it. I've contacted one firm in Belgium and am waiting for an answer - hope they get back in time!

Nyorksgrannie We are going to do police checks in November to get it out of the way then wait for medics ,house will go on the market this time next year hopefully sell before we have to activate visas,should have them(all things crossed!!) by June 2017

Edited by rubyford

Hi fisher 1, have you thought of phoning university/ college, we did a few years ago for Bulgarian translation, didn't cost too much and they used 'headed ' paper!ruby( don't forget to send original with translation to police checks)

Edited by rubyford

Hi fisher 1, have you thought of phoning university/ college, we did a few years ago for Bulgarian translation, didn't cost too much and they used 'headed ' paper!ruby( don't forget to send original with translation to police checks)

Brilliant - thanks Ruby, if I don't hear back from the Belgian firm I'll do that.

Hi Bev,

Think I'll start looking now then as we are planning on going end of Oct.

Thanks for the info

Lisa

November was cheaper, flight centre I have booked with, extremely helpful, she spent lots of time going through various options, probably about 7 hours in total, they will phone you too, extremely satisfied with their service. I have booked for 1st Nov, I hope their is no problem with the e600!!! ?

Hi, we are doing the same, going a few months early in October. Any thoughts on getting medical insurance/travel insurance with the e600 visa? We will probably get our police check over and done with in June. We lodged in Jan 2015 so hopefully it will still be valid!!! Great to read all the helpful comments. So grateful. Kathy

Hi RubyFord, I guess we are all hoping the process doesn' t get longer than 2 years, following that, we should know by April 2017 which in theory means putting house on market in winter months which is not good or selling early, renting, moving furniture twice or storing (we plan on taking quite a bit with us) aaaaaargh! wish they could give us a month to work to!

Good luck with your plans we all have fingers and toes crossed.

Hi Lisa Lou we were told by shipping company that we couldn't ship until visa granted but our furniture etc could go in a container and be stored (at a cost), it all has to be packed by them and we would sign each packing list, they know how to word it for customs. Any vacuum cleaners or garden furniture has to be spotlessly cleaned, we will probably leave behind these items.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Hi Lisa Lou, that's great you are going to Canberra too. This forum is great for tips etc. It's kept my spirits up!! Maybe see you in Canberra, Kathy

Hi Kathy,

What is your lodgement date and are you packing up and shipping everything over when you go.

Will be great knowing there's someone else in Canberra in the same boat as us.

Lisa

Hi Lisa Lou we were told by shipping company that we couldn't ship until visa granted but our furniture etc could go in a container and be stored (at a cost), it all has to be packed by them and we would sign each packing list, they know how to word it for customs. Any vacuum cleaners or garden furniture has to be spotlessly cleaned, we will probably leave behind these items.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Hi,

We are getting so many different answers from shipping companies it's making my head spin. Oh well just another thing to worry about !!!

Lisa