Guest guest36187

Hi Joe

any reason you went for the e600 visa ? I have just looked at the e651 visa that I already have ( expires june 2016 so will need to renew anyway ) and that allows for multiple 3 month stays for a year.

so I thought I could enter Australia, stay for 3 months and then visit daughter in Hong Kong ( or anywhere else ) and re-enter for further 3 months, which should be long enough for visa grant.

am I wrong in this assumption ?

Ian.

Hi Ian I think this assumption is right. I got the e651 (and it was free and issued in a couple of days)for when I went over in November. I just thought it at least gave me the option to come and go as much as I wished over the next 12 months. I have a brother in Nz so if I want to be in Oz for more than 3 months I can just pop over to see him at the end of any 3 month stay. I believe the e600 has a no further stay clause, which the 651 doesn't.

Hi Ruby,

We opened a Commbank account over a year ago. Through the last year we have sent money over at various advantageous stages. We have used TorFX and would highly recommend Adam Soloman their to anybody. We took out an option in early November to forward buy a large amount of Aussie dollars at a rate of 2.15 for a 5% down payment. It's a gamble as we won't be in a position to make good on this until we sell our house but hopefully by early May, by which time we're hoping that the move proved a wise one.

The foreign exchange rate is the thing that has caused us most consternation (besides the wait for a visa) and fwd buying was a way of edging our bets.

In terms of tax on the interest (bearing in mind the interest rates are about 3% compared to the UK low rates), interest is payed monthly into the account and a "Non resident withholding tax" of 10% is deducted direct. So if your interest is $200 your a net $180 better off. The non resident tax is payed until you arrive in Oz and apply for a TFN (tax file number)

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil, just an issue about what appears to be a very attractive 10%holding tax. If I have understood it correctly, any interest earned overseas by a Uk tax resident is also liable for uk tax. I think that the uk then takes into account the 10% already paid in Australia as the two countries have a tax treaty. This needs checking and I've no idea how it would work for residents of other countries. Also once resident in Australia there are two negatives as the tax free allowance is lower than the uk and the higher rate of tax comes into play at a lower income threshold.

Hi,

You can add our name to the list.

Lodged 143 August 2015, acknowledged 15/09/15, 1st VAC 15/09/15.

Bill.

sorry, I welcomed you as September lodgers when I should have said August, which makes you another month ahead of me already!!!

Hi Phil can you transfer as much as you want to another ausie(daughters)account or is their a daily limit,we are both com wealth,not much information on their website .ruby

I transferred a much larger amount without problem. The daily limit seems to be one imposed by individual banks for online transfers.

Guest geordie joe
Hi Joe

any reason you went for the e600 visa ? I have just looked at the e651 visa that I already have ( expires june 2016 so will need to renew anyway ) and that allows for multiple 3 month stays for a year.

so I thought I could enter Australia, stay for 3 months and then visit daughter in Hong Kong ( or anywhere else ) and re-enter for further 3 months, which should be long enough for visa grant.

am I wrong in this assumption ?

Ian.

Hi Ian

The only reason why we went for the e600 is we didn't want the hassle of leaving and returning every 3 months.

Joe

sorry, I welcomed you as September lodgers when I should have said August, which makes you another month ahead of me already!!!

Hi AMP,

Since Bill has his acknowledgement and vac taken on 15/09, do you think he would register as a September lodger or an August lodger. Either way, I'm pleased to know 'lodgers' before my parents , so that they have an idea when it's time to 'get the luggage ready'.

Judy.

Hi everyone,

There are some early 2014 people just stuck there on the CPV tracker . Do you guys think the updating is current, or they have just forgotten about it after they got PR ??

Judy

I agree it's a bit irritating but guess they have had things dragged out and too busy once got PR. I know the site chucks any that have sat there for 2 years and not been updated or have been assigned cO for more than 6 mths and not said been granted. Kim

Hi

I lodged, got my acknowledgement and paid first VAC in 2015, for my 143 visa.

I am in a slightly different situation to a lot of you in that I am already in Oz. I came over in 2012 on a 457 visa, working for NSW Health. I am now wanting to get PR and this is the only way for me as I am above the age limit for any of the normal PR working visas. I have 2 daughters here in Oz, one with PR and the other applying for hers in July 2016.

I love life here in Oz and have no wish to go back to England, I did have my first visit home in June 2015, and it just reinforced for me that Oz is my home now.

Hope we all get some progress soon on our applications :smile:

Hi 2015ers just a thought there is a tracker site http://www.australia-parent-visas.com/tracker2.php which you can lodge your dates and keep track of others. If you all lodge using your 'call names' from here then you can track each other without having to keep finding the post with all the details. Also if kept updated saves time checking how someone else is progressing. Just a thought from a 'seasoned but not quite there yet 2014er'. Kim

Hi Kim, many thanks for the tracker info which I didn't know existed. Have now signed up so hoping the others will all follow.

Hi

I lodged, got my acknowledgement and paid first VAC in 2015, for my 143 visa.

I am in a slightly different situation to a lot of you in that I am already in Oz. I came over in 2012 on a 457 visa, working for NSW Health. I am now wanting to get PR and this is the only way for me as I am above the age limit for any of the normal PR working visas. I have 2 daughters here in Oz, one with PR and the other applying for hers in July 2016.

I love life here in Oz and have no wish to go back to England, I did have my first visit home in June 2015, and it just reinforced for me that Oz is my home now.

Hope we all get some progress soon on our applications :smile:

Hi. We have two daughters here plus a younger son. We came over 6 months before we applied for parent visa as we wanted our then 16 year old to do HSC here. We have ducked and dived on temp visa whilst waiting and hopefully nearly there. Like you I just don't know what we would do if now got turned down Kim

Does anyone know if you can get a HAP ID before a CO is appointed so that one could arrange a medical and so be sure if there are any medical problems?

If you look on immi site and find health requirements pages it gives you all the info as changed process and requirements from mid Nov 2015. I found hard to fathom at start but after several readings, note taking and referring to the SOH I think I understand it now! In particular reference to HAP no I gather you will be given a bar coded personalised no now which then different sources of medical info can be gathered under your individual no. Please check as still bit hazy - hope that helps Kim

can't bear to think about the possibility of being turned down ...

Only positive vibes for and from all of us on that point. Not long for you now. I have 28 sheets of paper numbered 1 to 28 ready for "our time" and as soon as CO email arrives 28 goes on the fridge and the big count down starts with number going down each day. There is a family book up and running as to what number we get Granted. Kim

Hi Kim - See you've applied for the Temporary Parent Visa at the moment, guess you'll convert it to a 143 once it's granted? Virtually no difference in waiting times now for a 173 or a 143 on first application :nah: When I first started looking at parent visas, 173s were only taking about 12 months as opposed to the 18 months for the 143s - now they're both taking much longer.

Hi Kim - See you've applied for the Temporary Parent Visa at the moment, guess you'll convert it to a 143 once it's granted? Virtually no difference in waiting times now for a 173 or a 143 on first application :nah: When I first started looking at parent visas, 173s were only taking about 12 months as opposed to the 18 months for the 143s - now they're both taking much longer.

Hi Val, my parents also have applied for a 173, since the processing time was quicker last year. Oh what a change a few months can make. Hope the processing expedites again. For the fees they charge, they could surely add more staff and in Australian terms "create more job opportunities' !

Are many people turned down?

I think that, unless you are some kind of ageing desperado, it's the medicals that are the big scary factor. We both have a couple of medical issues - nothing wildly dramatic - but there just doesn't seem any way to predict what might get you turned down. They say there's a sort of sliding scale of potential expense to the Ozzie govt, and that if you have a condition likely to cost them more than 'x' thousand dollars, then you are out. But trying to guess what their cost predictions are based on .... It's back to the crossed fingers. I have heard on here that high blood pressure isn't an issue as long as it's under control but for the rest ... ????

By the way, if you're getting ready for the big email, take a look at the police certificate (UK) website. You can apply for your police cert online but you have to fill in a lengthy form and the site doesn't save your work if you log off, so you have to fill it in all in one go. You also need a passport photo, and someone to endorse your application ... Doctor, dentist etcetera long list of acceptable endorsers on the site. PLUS a scanned copy of your passport. this is all very time consuming .. And then they take EIGHT DAYS to send the certificate by post - they won't email it. The cost is £45 for a normal delivery but if you want your cert in two days it rises to £80 !

So - things I wish someone had told me- it might be s good idea to get cracking on the police cert now. If you haven't already. 

Edited by Fisher1

Hi fisher1,I looked t the police check form and decided to print it off,we can take our time in filling it in without putting any dates in yet,get any 'papers' we need etc. Then when it's nearer to send put dates in,get endorsed ,post,.i also came across a form that has to be filled in and taken with us when we go for medicals? Rubyford

Are many people turned down?

I saw something on a newspaper website recently about a lady who had been in Australia for 7 years and was trying to get a permanent visa and has been turned down on medical grounds. Perhaps she was on some sort of long-term visitors visa? Not sure, but her particular circumstances must be pretty unusual.