Guest guest36187

Hi, looks like we might be first in the queue so far from 2015. We lodged on 20 Jan and the first VAC was taken on 6 February. Don't know when it was acknowledged as we are doing it through an agent. Although as I said before we are hoping to go to Australia in October to await our Visa there!!

Hi

Many congratulations and I wish you the best of luck with the house sale.

We went on the market early and sold in 2 days, this makes the long wait for the visa worse in many ways but we had to sell to pay the 2nd VAC.

I wish Immi would get a grip on understanding the tensions felt by all of us in the queue and at least have the good grace to respond to emails rather than seemingly ignore them.

As has been said many times on here you would think that for the money we are all prepared to pay that customer service would be important. I find it hard to think of any other service that costs this much that we would accept such poor communication from - rant over!!

All the best to everyone

Steve

Hi

Many congratulations and I wish you the best of luck with the house sale.

We went on the market early and sold in 2 days, this makes the long wait for the visa worse in many ways but we had to sell to pay the 2nd VAC.

I wish Immi would get a grip on understanding the tensions felt by all of us in the queue and at least have the good grace to respond to emails rather than seemingly ignore them.

As has been said many times on here you would think that for the money we are all prepared to pay that customer service would be important. I find it hard to think of any other service that costs this much that we would accept such poor communication from - rant over!!

All the best to everyone

Steve

Hi Steve,

I second your sentiments entirely. They say moving house is one of the most stressful things you can do, combine that with Visa Stress and the whole emigration process and I'm surprised we're all not in A and E :biglaugh:

How was Perth ? did you get down to the new Elizabeth Quay ?

Cheers

Phil

Hi Steve,

I second your sentiments entirely. They say moving house is one of the most stressful things you can do, combine that with Visa Stress and the whole emigration process and I'm surprised we're all not in A and E :biglaugh:

How was Perth ? did you get down to the new Elizabeth Quay ?

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil

Didn't know what stress was until we started to put ourselves through all of this!

Perth was as beautiful as ever and we've located exactly where we wish to settle over there now, unfortunately Elizabeth Quay didn't open until the evening we flew back so that'll have to wait until next time.

We just wish we could get a start on our medicals, police checks and AOS, but in the absence of any HAP ID etc we're stumped.

Do you know if our son can start the AOS procedure without us having the go ahead from Immi?

Cheers

Steve

Here is an updated 2015 lodgers list:

Gogirl1 lodged 20/01/15

IanS61 lodged 19/03/15

Harris L16 lodged 28/04/15

Lisa Lou lodged 08/06/15

Geoffandgill lodged 09/06/15

Rubyford lodged 10/06/15

Bev50Bradley lodged 10/07/15

Bear2015 lodged 02/10/15

Myself lodged 03/11/15

AMP lodged 10/12/15

Assuming people are processed in order, come 2016 we should hopefully be able to track where we are up to. Look forward to waving farewell to you Gogirl1 to start our exodus from the Waiting Room.

24 months after lodging mum and dads visa has been granted :wink:

Good luck to everyone still in the waiting room, just like a pint of Guiness good things come to those who wait.

All the best.

Great news - it's encouraging to see some long awaited progress.

All the best

Steve

Hi Phil

Didn't know what stress was until we started to put ourselves through all of this!

Perth was as beautiful as ever and we've located exactly where we wish to settle over there now, unfortunately Elizabeth Quay didn't open until the evening we flew back so that'll have to wait until next time.

We just wish we could get a start on our medicals, police checks and AOS, but in the absence of any HAP ID etc we're stumped.

Do you know if our son can start the AOS procedure without us having the go ahead from Immi?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve. Hope you had good trip. My sister moved to Serpentine area where they have a 5 acre plot and are official Serpie volunteer firies. Was over there on a visit a few months ago. Where are you thinking of settling Kim

Hi Phil

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

It must be so frustrating awaiting any contact for Meds, AOS, Police Checks at least we have been able to get all that out of the way. Now all our Ducks are in a row just waiting for the "Lesser Spotted Case Officer". In answer to your question about AOS it was a referral letter from Centrelink (via our agent) that enabled Tom (our son) to make contact and put it all in place. As Joop has said and I have said previously, I am uncertain whether our agent has been really smart or has any more pull that the next as they are based in Perth ??

Where abouts in Perth are you thinking of settling ? Even after spending a month there last year we have so many areas we like. I suppose it will come down to the question of build or buy when we get there. Short term we will be living with our Son and Fiancee in Landsdale but we have promised them we will be in our own pad by August when they get married, although they are both insistent that we can stay as long as it takes.

All we can all do on here, is hang on to those "Happy thoughts of great times ahead" and how lucky we are to get this opportunity.

"Happy Days"

:ssign19:

Phil

Thanks Linda. Everything crossed for all of us. Another 'Sleepless Night in Sydney' with me pontificating as to date immi announces tomorrow or even worse don't announce until Friday. I have just got used to Thursday as 'immi update day'. Send me message straight after you have screamed and screamed and cried when you receive 'THE EMAIL'. Kim

Hi everyone n the waiting room

my friend who lodged 4 March 2014 got case officer 27 Jan and visa grante today 9 Feb so there's some dates for you to get working with Kim! We lodged 1 April so fingers crossed I should have my visa soon

Linda x

thanks for update linda

Hope you get CO assigned to your case soon.

according to my idea you will get your CO around 22 feb. not so far in less than 2 weeks

good luck :)

harvi

Gogirl1 lodged 20/01/15

IanS61 lodged 19/03/15

Lisa Lou lodged 08/06/15

Rubyford lodged 10/06/15

Bear2015 lodged 02/10/15

Myself lodged 03/11/15

AMP lodged 10/12/15

Assuming people are processed in order, come 2016 we should hopefully be able to track where we are up to. Look forward to waving farewell to you Gogirl1 to start our exodus from the Waiting Room.

Hi Mrs Bee lodged 5/9/15

Hi Everyone

as I said earlier, we are aiming to go to Australia to wait for CPV grant probably in December.

I have looked at visitor visas and it looks like we will be ok with normal e651 visa ( multiple visits for up to 3 months within a twelve month period )

we could go to Hong Kong and visit our daughter before 3 months is up, and then come back for 3 months ( which should allow for CPV grant before May )

some people ( Harleydphil ) have said they applied for e600 visa which costs more and is a more complicated application.

any thoughts regarding e651 & e600 ???

Ian.

Hi Everyone

as I said earlier, we are aiming to go to Australia to wait for CPV grant probably in December.

I have looked at visitor visas and it looks like we will be ok with normal e651 visa ( multiple visits for up to 3 months within a twelve month period )

we could go to Hong Kong and visit our daughter before 3 months is up, and then come back for 3 months ( which should allow for CPV grant before May )

some people ( Harleydphil ) have said they applied for e600 visa which costs more and is a more complicated application.

any thoughts regarding e651 & e600 ???

Ian.

Hi Ian,

Wasn't me, but think it was actually GeordieJoe who posted about the E600

Cheers

Phil

Joop I'm liking your 'outside the box thinking'. With lodgement 23 May and no agent I definitely didn't get HAP no and I believe Dolphin 1962 who is 23 June didn't either. In this scenario then Dolphin hits CO with no pre warning for AOS which is extremely hard to organise in 28 days whilst I as a 173 would have breezed in dished my dosh and scarpered for Grant as no AOS. Be some very unhappy bunnies me thinks. Or my third argument is that immi has absolutely no idea what they are doing - I am just playing devils advocate - just in case Immi are bored and reading this!!!! Kim

Sorry Linda I mixed you and Julie1499 up - my brain is officially maxed out. Kim

Gogirl1 lodged 20/01/15

IanS61 lodged 19/03/15

Lisa Lou lodged 08/06/15

Rubyford lodged 10/06/15

Bear2015 lodged 02/10/15

Myself lodged 03/11/15

AMP lodged 10/12/15

Great idea, we should all make sure we keep all updated.

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 20 March 2014

Ladies and gentlemen the date has moved another week! Can't complain about the fact that immi is moving much faster than when the date was stuck on 13 Feb!

Doliphin1962 have your docs ready, I guess you have 10 days before they call out your name :))

Cheers,

Nassim

Gogirl1 lodged 20/01/15

IanS61 lodged 19/03/15

Lisa Lou lodged 08/06/15

Rubyford lodged 10/06/15

Bear2015 lodged 02/10/15

Myself lodged 03/11/15

AMP lodged 10/12/15

Hi 2015ers just a thought there is a tracker site http://www.australia-parent-visas.com/tracker2.php which you can lodge your dates and keep track of others. If you all lodge using your 'call names' from here then you can track each other without having to keep finding the post with all the details. Also if kept updated saves time checking how someone else is progressing. Just a thought from a 'seasoned but not quite there yet 2014er'. Kim

• Like 1

Hi 2015ers just a thought there is a tracker site http://www.australia-parent-visas.com/tracker2.php which you can lodge your dates and keep track of others. If you all lodge using your 'call names' from here then you can track each other without having to keep finding the post with all the details. Also if kept updated saves time checking how someone else is progressing. Just a thought from a 'seasoned but not quite there yet 2014er'. Kim

Great idea Skeelsy, have lodged my entry on Tracker as suggested.

I see IMMI has moved on another week, at this rate hopefully you will just have another 2 months of waiting left.

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 20 March 2014

Ladies and gentlemen the date has moved another week! Can't complain about the fact that immi is moving much faster than when the date was stuck on 13 Feb!

Doliphin1962 have your docs ready, I guess you have 10 days before they call out your name :))

Cheers,

Nassim

Oh wow! That's a good move - I'd been doing my calculations based on them only moving 5 days so I'm well chuffed guess we're looking at the 2nd week in March

Maisie

Oh wow! That's a good move - I'd been doing my calculations based on them only moving 5 days so I'm well chuffed guess we're looking at the 2nd week in March

Maisie

I guess you will hear from them on the first week. I really hope they will speed up as there should be less applications after the 2nd VAC raise after 22nd March 2014.

Cheers,

Nassim