Guest guest36187

Does anyone know the cost of shipping items out......approximately. Do they have special boxes that need to be used, or could I start boxing now?

For those that are in Australia waiting for the visa being granted, did you book a return flight or one way? A travel agent I spoke to thought that a one way ticket could cause a problem on a tourist visa.

I am just looking into things in case I decide to go out later this year, flights are supposed to be cheaper if you book well in advance.

Any thoughts, information gratefully received.

Hi Bev50Bradley,

I have just had quotes from PSS and Pickfords

Based on 3/4 of a 40' container, they come and pack for 3 days (into their own boxes etc) However whatever you have packed yourselves they are able to use.

Bring a container on day 4 and load and seal.

8-10 weeks shipping.

Customs clearance and delivery and unpacking at destination address or hold in storage (upto 4 weeks free) until ready for delivery.

PSS was £5950. Pickfords £6300

Insurance is on top of this and is dependant on how comprehensive you feel it should be, depending on value of items, total loss etc etc.

We are getting a 3rd quote from Doree Bonner and will post when we get this.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Bev50Bradley,

I have just had quotes from PSS and Pickfords

Based on 3/4 of a 40' container, they come and pack for 3 days (into their own boxes etc) However whatever you have packed yourselves they are able to use.

Bring a container on day 4 and load and seal.

8-10 weeks shipping.

Customs clearance and delivery and unpacking at destination address or hold in storage (upto 4 weeks free) until ready for delivery.

PSS was £5950. Pickfords £6300

Insurance is on top of this and is dependant on how comprehensive you feel it should be, depending on value of items, total loss etc etc.

We are getting a 3rd quote from Doree Bonner and will post when we get this.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil

If you don't mind me asking.....I'm assuming the quote was from your location as posted on your profile. We too are some distance from a container port. Blimey, three days to pack! I must be misguided, thought it would take a couple of packers one day!

Julie

Hi Phil

If you don't mind me asking.....I'm assuming the quote was from your location as posted on your profile. We too are some distance from a container port. Blimey, three days to pack! I must be misguided, thought it would take a couple of packers one day!

Julie

Hi Julie,

Yep from Leeds and I thought a couple of days to pack but the more I walk round and look at all our stuff the more I realise what a task it will be. The decluttering carries on !!!!

Phil

It's great to be getting contact from other 2015 "lodgers"! Good luck to you/us all. As Wishfull said, we now just need to find folks with September and October lodgement dates. Anyone out there?

Great news Joyron, hope you will soon be landing in Oz.

So far for 2015 lodgers I have found:

IanS61 lodged 19/03/15

Geoffandgill lodged 09/06/15

Rubyford lodged 10/06/15

Bev50Bradley lodged 10/07/15

Myself lodged 03/11/15

AMP lodged 10/12/15

To echo AMP, any Sept/Oct 15 lodgers out there? Guess we are all going to be spending some time yet in the waiting room.

Hi All

Just received VISA grant!! Waited 24 months 2 weeks and 4 days. However now its all go. The house goes on the market this week o fingers crossed.

Joyron

Congratulations joyron

what was your lodgement date?

and when was CO assigned?

thanks

and best of luck for your house sale :)

harvi

Guest geordie joe
Hi Joe

thanks for the reply, I assume the visa is valid for up to 12 months from entry to Australia ? ( not 12 months from date of issue )

do you have to leave / re-enter every 3 months ?

Ian.

Hi Ian,

I believe it's 12 months from date of entry but it's not something I looked into as our visa should be through after about 6 months from arriving, and no you don't need to leave every 3 months.

Joe

IanS61 lodged 19/03/15

Rubyford lodged 10/06/15

Myself lodged 03/11/15

AMP lodged 10/12/15

To echo AMP, any Sept/Oct 15 lodgers out there? Guess we are all going to be spending some time yet in the waiting room.

Hi, count my parents too....lodged on 02/10/2015.

IanS61 lodged 19/03/15

Rubyford lodged 10/06/15

Myself lodged 03/11/15

AMP lodged 10/12/15

you can add us to the list we are 9th June 2015

Hi, count my parents too....lodged on 02/10/2015.

As with all things related with immi I am not sure. As a 173 my understanding is that they keep a strict rotation of dealing in order of date lodged. Therefore, 173 and 143 hit CO at the same time but as no AOS then 173 can nip in front of 143 between CO and Grant.

However, as it looks as if new arrangement is going back to the old arrangement!!! Which includes a 28 day deadline from CO to be ready for Grant. Fisher1 has just encountered that little gem of a surprise. The old arrangement has a system of 'pre-calling 143 to say 'go get AOS' which is approx 3 months before immi thinks they will hit CO so then 14/ and 173 are on level field. HarleyPhil had this 'pre-call' - my term for it - but now has been waiting over 3 1/2 months and no CO.

However, my understanding is - I think - hopefully correct is that 173 from Nov 15 don't need meds for the 173 as a temporary visa but do when they then convert to 143 as long as their country is on list - UK is - and have not been given a HAP no yet.

Anyone more knowledgable on this please jump in if got anything wrong. Hope that helps. Kim

As with all things related with immi I am not sure. As a 173 my understanding is that they keep a strict rotation of dealing in order of date lodged. Therefore, 173 and 143 hit CO at the same time but as no AOS then 173 can nip in front of 143 between CO and Grant.

However, as it looks as if new arrangement is going back to the old arrangement!!! Which includes a 28 day deadline from CO to be ready for Grant. Fisher1 has just encountered that little gem of a surprise. The old arrangement has a system of 'pre-calling 143 to say 'go get AOS' which is approx 3 months before immi thinks they will hit CO so then 14/ and 173 are on level field. HarleyPhil had this 'pre-call' - my term for it - but now has been waiting over 3 1/2 months and no CO.

However, my understanding is - I think - hopefully correct is that 173 from Nov 15 don't need meds for the 173 as a temporary visa but do when they then convert to 143 as long as their country is on list - UK is - and have not been given a HAP no yet.

Anyone more knowledgable on this please jump in if got anything wrong. Hope that helps. Kim

Hmmmm

As among us the only person with the pre-call is HarleyPhil, I wonder if it is just his agent being real smart and arranging perfect timing for him. I think he also got the dates to do meds/police/AOS in his acknowledgement letter just as the rest of us who lodged around that time but his agent decided to wait and ask him to do them closer to time of CO which as I said a very smart move!

That's just me , I could be totally wrong :)

Joop I'm liking your 'outside the box thinking'. With lodgement 23 May and no agent I definitely didn't get HAP no and I believe Dolphin 1962 who is 23 June didn't either. In this scenario then Dolphin hits CO with no pre warning for AOS which is extremely hard to organise in 28 days whilst I as a 173 would have breezed in dished my dosh and scarpered for Grant as no AOS. Be some very unhappy bunnies me thinks. Or my third argument is that immi has absolutely no idea what they are doing - I am just playing devils advocate - just in case Immi are bored and reading this!!!! Kim

Hi Skeelsy

i have indeed discovered the '28 day deadline gem' but I'm not necessarily typical since I swapped from a 103 application to a 143 application so maybe they process that a bit differently?

One thing I did do ahead of time was to print off form 80 and spend sometime filling in a first draft of all the information needed. It's taken a bit of the pressure off because I wasn't trying to fill it in while running round like a scalded cat. So start thinking everyone - which countries have you visited since 2006? With dates please!

Hi Fisher. My form 80 is a minefield. My father had a propensity for getting married - 4 times that I'm aware of and have raft of 1/2 siblings - two called Dean - apparently he liked the name! Kim

Dear God - we thought we had problems with an estranged relative whose dates we couldn't find because of an extra marriage and name change ... when I was teaching I had three or four Deans ... Very popular in the seventies. Due to my particular Deans I've never been very keen on the name ?