Guest guest36187

The Commonwealth Seniors Health Card is subject to an income test which is indexed on 20 September each year and includes:

• adjusted taxable income, and

• a deemed amount from account based income streams

There is no assets test.

You should have an annual income of less than:

• $52,273 for singles

• $83,636 for couples combined, or

• $104,546 for couples combined, who are separated by illness or respite care, or where one partner is in prison

The income limit is increased by $639.60 for each dependent child you care for.

thank you.

Congratulations Fisher ? when was your lodgement date? Exciting times ?

Maisie

We lodged a 103 application first and the lodgement date was August 2013. We decided to swap to the 143 when our (only) grandson was born! I'd been told that they took account of time already waiting if you switched queues but didn't really believe it till today. good luck with all your own waiting times and thanks everyone for the good wishes.

Hi all

have just received a terrifying / exciting email from immi requesting AOS letter from centre point, medicals, police checks and a scanned copy of form 80. We're going to book medicals today ( in the UK) and are wondering whether they all charge the same? The list gives addresses in Manchester and Birmingham which are both feasible for us, also we are in London for a week and there's an address in Knightsbridge. panicking a bit because it's all got to be done in 28 days. All / any tips and advice welcome. Thanks

Hi Fisher1

Congratulations on your graduation from the waiting room to the main departure platform, it's good to hear of someone blazing a trail for all of us in Limboland.

Phil

Hi all, me again. I have a question, am hoping someone can answer. About police checks ... It says that you should have a police check for every country you have lived in for more than 12 months during the last ten years. we lived in Belgium from 2000 till 2009 and then returned to the UK . however, straight under the instruction for police checks it then lists our names and states that we require a police check from the UK. doesn't mention Belgium. WeVe already listed it on one of the "previous address' forms, so they know we were there. I'm wondering if we need to do the police check or can just go with the UK. Normally I'd do it to be on the safe side but Belgian authorities are a nightmare to deal with - a more intimidating bunch of box ticking nit picking administrators I couldn't imagine ... i can't imagine them getting it back to me inside twenty eight days, that's before the time taken for it to be translated. my husband says ignore Belgium, I'm inclined to ask them anyway. If I send an enquiry to the oz immi will I get a reply? Not sure what to do ... Panic panic panic

Hi all, me again. I have a question, am hoping someone can answer. About police checks ... It says that you should have a police check for every country you have lived in for more than 12 months during the last ten years. we lived in Belgium from 2000 till 2009 and then returned to the UK . however, straight under the instruction for police checks it then lists our names and states that we require a police check from the UK. doesn't mention Belgium. WeVe already listed it on one of the "previous address' forms, so they know we were there. I'm wondering if we need to do the police check or can just go with the UK. Normally I'd do it to be on the safe side but Belgian authorities are a nightmare to deal with - a more intimidating bunch of box ticking nit picking administrators I couldn't imagine ... i can't imagine them getting it back to me inside twenty eight days, that's before the time taken for it to be translated. my husband says ignore Belgium, I'm inclined to ask them anyway. If I send an enquiry to the oz immi will I get a reply? Not sure what to do ... Panic panic panic

"Don't panic Mr Mannering" Friends were in similar situation and they were told "only for the last 12 months" and the other country they resided in wasn't needed as 3 years previously. I totally sympathise - we moved to Australia early and have just done both oz and uk in anticipation of getting CO in next couple of months!! Just to cover bases but we have technically 'resided' in both so sure will be asked for both. Hope that helps Kim

Hi everyone, well like some others on this forum we have got fed up waiting and are going out to Canberra in October. We lodged our application in January 2015 and working on the assumption that we will get our visa hopefully by Jan/Feb 2017. Both our children are in Canberra and I know it gets some groans but we are not beach people's and we love it that it does have the seasons. Hopefully there won't be a problem with the Medicals and police checks. Now to break it to our respective families. Had enough of the waiting room!! ??

We are also heading for Canberra and going around Nov. Our lodgement date was only June 2015 but we just can't wait to get there. We will just have to watch the pennies until we get our visas .

Hi, anybody else here heading to Melbourne? My daughter is in Kingsbury (near LaTrobe University - about 30 mins from the City), so I anticipate being somewhere close.

Hi Sadge

Yep we are heading to Melbourne, going to live down the Mornington Peninsular around Mt Martha or Balnarring. You never know we might even be on the same flight out of Uk!

Julie

Ooh - "just down the road" then :biglaugh: Wonderful - I know it's beautiful down there.

When I went out to visit my daughter two years ago I flew Royal Brunei (a 'dry' airline). Not so sure I'd do it again - I think champagne would be on the menu on the next trip!

Guest geordie joe
Ooh - "just down the road" then :biglaugh: Wonderful - I know it's beautiful down there.

When I went out to visit my daughter two years ago I flew Royal Brunei (a 'dry' airline). Not so sure I'd do it again - I think champagne would be on the menu on the next trip!

you MUST have a glass of bubbly when you fly in to validate your visa...... With a smile on your first sip.

Hi Sadge

Travelled with Royal Brunei twice and stopped,over in Bandar, great airline particularly on the Dreamliner. We will probably be using Singapore when we go out simply because of the extra baggage allowance you can get. Went out with them Last summer with a 12 hour stop in Singapore at the transit hotel, brilliant really dealt with the jet lag! When we finally get past the immigration official at Melbourne and they have actually validated our visas I don,t care what time it is the champagne is going to flow!

in the meantime I'm impatiently watching for an email from the lesser spotted case officer at IMMI requesting meds etc.

Julie

Hi Sadge

Travelled with Royal Brunei twice and stopped,over in Bandar, great airline particularly on the Dreamliner. We will probably be using Singapore when we go out simply because of the extra baggage allowance you can get. Went out with them Last summer with a 12 hour stop in Singapore at the transit hotel, brilliant really dealt with the jet lag! When we finally get past the immigration official at Melbourne and they have actually validated our visas I don,t care what time it is the champagne is going to flow!

in the meantime I'm impatiently watching for an email from the lesser spotted case officer at IMMI requesting meds etc.

Julie

Hi Julie,

I was lucky enough to travel on the Dreamliner too but like you will be looking for the extra baggage allowance. My daughter used Air New Zealand and got the extra baggage and, as it happened to be her birthday, she and my son-in-law got upgraded as there was some space in the more luxurious seats!

I'll be watching out for you getting your email as by rights I should be the day after if they work in a strictly as received order. So please post the moment you get yours.

Sadge

Hi Julie,

I was lucky enough to travel on the Dreamliner too but like you will be looking for the extra baggage allowance. My daughter used Air New Zealand and got the extra baggage and, as it happened to be her birthday, she and my son-in-law got upgraded as there was some space in the more luxurious seats!

I'll be watching out for you getting your email as by rights I should be the day after if they work in a strictly as received order. So please post the moment you get yours.

Sadge

Hi Sadge

Don't worry I'll post the second I receive the request. I'm also keeping an eye on those in front of us too,

Shouldn't be too long now,

Julie

"Don't panic Mr Mannering" Friends were in similar situation and they were told "only for the last 12 months" and the other country they resided in wasn't needed as 3 years previously. I totally sympathise - we moved to Australia early and have just done both oz and uk in anticipation of getting CO in next couple of months!! Just to cover bases but we have technically 'resided' in both so sure will be asked for both. Hope that helps Kim

Thanks Skeelsy,

Ive just sent an email to the Belgian Justice ministry to ask for advice. The annoying thing is that we obtained a 'certificate of good living' as it is know in Belgium, when we left, but it is more than six years ago so is no longer valid. they don't make it easy do they? Our daughter spent an hour and forty minutes in a phone queue to centrepoint on Friday, ( to arrange the assurance of support approval) only to be told she didn't need an appointment, just to turn up ... Apparently it's best to go in person and not try to phone. good luck with your form chasing when the time comes ?

Hi Julie, our son travelled with Royal Brunei when they emigrated last year. He rang them up and all he had to do to get double the baggage allowance was send them evidence of his visa! we are also going to Melbourne when we finally get our 143, but are heading to N E Melbourne ( Doreen) as our daughter and family live in Greensborough, and our Son and family hope to live in Mill Park. We are watching all of you who applied in 2014, as we are a year behind!

Geoff and Gill

Hi Julie, our son travelled with Royal Brunei when they emigrated last year. He rang them up and all he had to do to get double the baggage allowance was send them evidence of his visa! we are also going to Melbourne when we finally get our 143, but are heading to N E Melbourne ( Doreen) as our daughter and family live in Greensborough, and our Son and family hope to live in Mill Park. We are watching all of you who applied in 2014, as we are a year behind!

Geoff and Gill

Anybody else got a list of "Useful bits and bobs" in their Australia folder?

I've just added phone airline for double allowance when visa granted and daughter turn up at Centrepoint don't phone, to mine!

So thanks everybody for these little gems.

Geoff and Gill

Hi Geoff and Gill

Thanks for the info on Royal Brunei baggage, that opens up more choice for us.

I hope the waiting time doesn't get any greater for everyone running a year behind us. When we applied back in June 14 most of the grants were coming through in 18 months, now it is 23 months plus. I have to say that these last few months are very hard and stressful, so much to organise but so little info from IMMI to give you any clue on deadlines.

I keep telling myself to keep smiling but some days I really just don't feel like it.

Julie

Anybody else got a list of "Useful bits and bobs" in their Australia folder?

I've just added phone airline for double allowance when visa granted and daughter turn up at Centrepoint don't phone, to mine!

So thanks everybody for these little gems.

hi all

Okay so as I go through the list of required papers from immi (all needed within the intimidating time limit of 28 days) I'll make what I hope are useful notes here in the hope they may help others. Apologies for stuff that has undoubtedly been written before.

The most important thing I have learned so far is the importance of checking emails regularly. This may sound painfully obvious but we don't tend to bother too much about internet access when we are away for short periods because it seems like such a faff.

We were due to stay in our buy to let this week to do it up for re-letting. tenant gone - no internet. The email from immi arrived during the night before we set off and I only saw it because I couldn't sleep and got up to make tea. We could have lost up to a week of our precious 28 days as you are "deemed to have received the message by the end of the day it was sent."

Most people on here are probably equipped to the eyeballs with I-phones etc but it's something to be aware of. As it is, I have taken a five day subscription with BTfon and have been able to organise our medicals and find out about police certificates, not to mention contacting daughter to get onto centrepoint.

Unless things have changed there is no problem taking your own alcohol on board, and glasses supplied.

My husband was a captain with RBA for 10 years and we lived there all the time,

Enjoy your new life in OZ. We retired here 13 years ago and love our life here.

hi all

Okay so as I go through the list of required papers from immi (all needed within the intimidating time limit of 28 days) I'll make what I hope are useful notes here in the hope they may help others. Apologies for stuff that has undoubtedly been written before.

The most important thing I have learned so far is the importance of checking emails regularly. This may sound painfully obvious but we don't tend to bother too much about internet access when we are away for short periods because it seems like such a faff.

We were due to stay in our buy to let this week to do it up for re-letting. tenant gone - no internet. The email from immi arrived during the night before we set off and I only saw it because I couldn't sleep and got up to make tea. We could have lost up to a week of our precious 28 days as you are "deemed to have received the message by the end of the day it was sent."

Most people on here are probably equipped to the eyeballs with I-phones etc but it's something to be aware of. As it is, I have taken a five day subscription with BTfon and have been able to organise our medicals and find out about police certificates, not to mention contacting daughter to get onto centrepoint.

I actually don't think I could go anywhere unless fully internet connected Etc. I have iPad and I phone in case one battery dies on me - I am with Julie1499 - I don't think I have ever been this stressed in my entire life and the lack of 'knowing' what's happening is all consuming - only saving grace is being here in Sydney with my two adorable but very cheeky grandchildren Kim

I actually don't think I could go anywhere unless fully internet connected Etc. I have iPad and I phone in case one battery dies on me - I am with Julie1499 - I don't think I have ever been this stressed in my entire life and the lack of 'knowing' what's happening is all consuming - only saving grace is being here in Sydney with my two adorable but very cheeky grandchildren Kim

well actually I can see your point Kim but I've been hanging on to my Luddite tendencies on the grounds that it doesn't do to be too dependent on technology ... Even though I check my emails about four times a day when I'm at home! However this latest near miss has persuaded me that email is no longer just for fun and that people take it very seriously and expect you to react almost immediately, so I'm going to have to get to grips with my iPhone and stop taking 'techno free' weeks. On the upside, I do like being able to scan and send (did I mention this?) all the necessary papers to immi rather than posting them, which has me chewing my nails about delivery. I'm actually finding BTfon a good option, but I'm not doing any banking on her any time soon

Hi everyone. Looking through all the posts it seems that most of the "posters" are well on the way to having their visas granted and finally moving. Well done!

I only lodged my 143 application in December 15 so clearly have a long wait ahead. There must be lots more parents out there in the same situation so it would be good to make contact so that we can provide mutual support as has so evidently been the case for those of you who already have this experience of being in the waiting room for what must seem to be an eternity.

Can someone answer a couple of questions for me please?

1) If I happen to be in Australia on Holiday when meds are requested then can I have them done there? Would that end up being a lot more expensive or not?

2) When I finally am (hopefully) granted my 143 visa, then if I came to Australia for say a couple of months to activate it then returned to the UK to finish sorting out things (such as house sale) here, then where would I be "officially" resident, for example in terms of health care and tax.

Thank you in advance for any replies. It really is brilliant to have this sort of forum.

Hi everyone. Looking through all the posts it seems that most of the "posters" are well on the way to having their visas granted and finally moving. Well done!

I only lodged my 143 application in December 15 so clearly have a long wait ahead. There must be lots more parents out there in the same situation so it would be good to make contact so that we can provide mutual support as has so evidently been the case for those of you who already have this experience of being in the waiting room for what must seem to be an eternity.

1) If I happen to be in Australia on Holiday when meds are requested then can I have them done there? Would that end up being a lot more expensive or not?

2) When I finally am (hopefully) granted my 143 visa, then if I came to Australia for say a couple of months to activate it then returned to the UK to finish sorting out things (such as house sale) here, then where would I be "officially" resident, for example in terms of health care and tax.

Thank you in advance for any replies. It really is brilliant to have this sort of forum.

Hi AMP, like you I have only recently joined the Waiting Room, we lodged in Nov 15. Looking through the previous posts it looks as if a flurry of members who lodged in April 14 should depart the Waiting Room soon so we can all shuffle up a bit. It is easy to get despondent thinking about the waiting time but monitoring the progress of others and seeing them edge slowly forward has cheered me up a bit. I am also getting great tips from this site so follow the blogs avidly. 3 months down and possibly "only" another 19-20 months to go................

Hi Amp,

Good luck with the long wait.

In answer to your questions;

1. Yes you can have your meds done in Aus through bupamvs.com.au and they appear to be cheaper than the £280(approx) charged in UK

2. You only need to fly in to Australia and exit the airport onto Australian soil to registered your visa (you could fly back same day if you were game). I believe, if you still had an address in the UK then there would be no difference to your circumstance in terms of Tax and Healthcare. However, why ? Because you have 12 months to land in Australia from the earliest date of Police Checks or medicals to register your visa and this can just be for a holiday if you didn't have everything sorted by this time.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Phil