Guest guest36187

Hi,how do I put in our lodgement date?,we are using Jenny from ian harrods as our agent,We'e happy,must be frustrating being so close and yet still hanging on. We hope to go over this year sometime just don't enjoy the long haul even staying over one night in hotel.for some reason I can't get the immi email,think the free spam must have run out,!

Hello fellow CPV-143 applicants/holders. Here is a question that I want to put out to the community, and also hoping that Alan from GM may add some value also.

When in the waiting room on a 143 application, if we were to travel to Aus on a 12 month e600 visa or a short 3 month travel visa, then if IMMI were to call us for our medicals for the 143 application whilst we were on-shore in Aus, then are we allowed to have our medicals done on-shore in Aus whilst there, or would we be expected to travel back to the UK to have them done.

I know that we need to be off-shore to have the 143 granted, but it's the medicals I'm interested to know if it matters whether you are on-shore and have them there.

Any input gratefully appreciated.

Hello again folks... similar theme to my post from a moment ago, but different question...

Those of you that have applied for a CPV-143 and have then also applied to have a 12 month e600 so you can travel out as a visitor whilst you wait for your CPV-143.... I'm interested to know what the process was like getting the e600. Was the application easy and did having the cpv-143 underway make it an issue in any way?

All opinions and thoughts welcomed.

Hi we are pretty certain that you can have your Medicals anywhere as we queried this having already re-located ourselves to Oz before being granted. With a younger son we came on student/guardian visas after lodging our application do he could do his HSC and would have done Medicals here before lesbian to be granted. However we have to leave on 30 Jan as present visa ending and plan to stay in New Zealand with relatives until grant and will have medical there. Looked up everything I could find and seems no problem. Interestingly as a 173 it appears rules have changed - see health requirements on immi and my understanding is as a temp visa 173 applicants don't have to do medical until convert to 143. I would welcome anyone else's understanding on this point as I only went on lack of saying can't have meds where you chose. Kim

Hi RMT1980 - if you read my post before this one you will see we have had student/guardian/long visitor/electronic visitor visas and no problem getting it. No where does it say you can't get another visa whilst waiting only can't apply for another type of parent visa without cancelling previous application. Kim

Guest geordie joe
Hello again folks... similar theme to my post from a moment ago, but different question...

Those of you that have applied for a CPV-143 and have then also applied to have a 12 month e600 so you can travel out as a visitor whilst you wait for your CPV-143.... I'm interested to know what the process was like getting the e600. Was the application easy and did having the cpv-143 underway make it an issue in any way?

All opinions and thoughts welcomed.

Hi

We are currently in Perth on the E600 visa awaiting a grant of our 143. The application was completed on line and was straightforward, however before it was granted immi insisted we had health insurance in place to cover the period and we had to sign a no further stay declaration for a further 6 months. We did make it clear on the application that we were waiting for a 143 as some of the questions wanted details around current jobs property etc.

regards

Joe

Hi

We are currently in Perth on the E600 visa awaiting a grant of our 143. The application was completed on line and was straightforward, however before it was granted immi insisted we had health insurance in place to cover the period and we had to sign a no further stay declaration for a further 6 months. We did make it clear on the application that we were waiting for a 143 as some of the questions wanted details around current jobs property etc.

regards

Joe

Hey Joe, many thanks for the reply. Can I ask;

- Did you get asked to undergo a medical when applying for the E600?

- How long did the E600 take to be granted?

- Couls you clarify what the other further stay decalaration means. Does it mean if you were there for 12 months on the E600 and then the 143 was granted, then you would not be able to enter Aus for 6 months?

Thanks in advance.

Guest geordie joe

- Couls you clarify what the other further stay decalaration means. Does it mean if you were there for 12 months on the E600 and then the 143 was granted, then you would not be able to enter Aus for 6 months?

Thanks in advance.

- No need for a medical

- Took around 4 weeks but that was due to requiring clarification regarding the medical cover they requested.

- The no further stay was to confirm we understood if we were here for the 12 months we couldn't re-enter via a tourist visa for another 6 months, once the 143 is granted you can re-enter immediately.

Joe

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I think you are thinking on the same lines as me, I am wanting to go over approx 6 months before my 143 is granted.

i was assuming you had to attend medicals at a pre-organised location, could someone please confirm the actual procedure for this.

Also what does the E600 cost?

Regards Bev

Hi

I think you are thinking on the same lines as me, I am wanting to go over approx 6 months before my 143 is granted.

i was assuming you had to attend medicals at a pre-organised location, could someone please confirm the actual procedure for this.

Also what does the E600 cost?

Regards Bev

Hi Bev,

Once you have your HAP ID you can book to have your medical where ever you want (as long as it's on the approved list) there is no pre-determined location. I believe through memory of our sons visa in Aus you can book it through BUPA (http://www.bupamvs.com.au/)

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Phil

Edited by HARLEYDPHIL
Correction

Just to say thanks for all this information about Medicals as I had been wondering about the location. I know the approved list has a place in Manchester which would normally be our nearest but we might also be in Australia when we are asked to arrange them. So thanks everyone and good luck with it all.

Guest Harrythompson1

Hi, I'm new on here, looking at a 173. Looked through the form, asks for step brothers and sisters dates of birth and cannot get hold of them, think I can get the year but not the day and month, anybody else had this problem, have even joined a ancestry site to find out but only give year of birth

Hi Harrythompson1

Its quite daunting facing all those questions about family isn't it? We had a similar problem with my husband's family, since they are not close and haven't been in much contact over the years. I was able to look up most of his half siblings on Ancestry.co.uk but as you have said you can only get the year not the exact date. The only way I can think of is to send for the birth certificate of each one but apart from the cost (seven pound or so for each one) you still cant be sure its the right person, especially if you've got a common name like Jones. We resorted to phoning one of the half siblings to ask for the dates of birth and got them that way. Do you mean half siblings when you say step siblings? I'm not being pedantic - I don't think you have to include step siblings because they aren't blood relatives. Half siblings are. If you cant ring any of the halfs, do you have another relative you could ask? If not, I'd write to immigration and ask them to clarify. Hopefully someone else on here will have the definitive answer ... good luck! Oh, and don't forget to keep a copy of the forms because, if you get that far, you'll need the same info and dates all over again for a different form (form 80) that comes up later in the process.

I'm in same boat as my father liked to get married - 4 times plus had children with several partners. I have declared all I know but as he died last year it's almost impossible. Bring the eldest of his first marriage and him leaving whilst I was very young there is very little I know about most of his life even to start trying to track down. I am aware of 4 more half siblings to date!!! Kim

Guest Harrythompson1

Thanks for the info, got most of them now by asking family members, just waiting on one. Do you put their maidens or married name

thanks.

Happy Australia Day to all those out here in Oz. The sun is shining in Sydney and off to BBQ. Hopefully next Australia Day we actually will have our visa!!! And hoping as many as possible join us here after being couped up in that waiting room Km:daydreaming:

Hi

i like the elder members bit..... There's a few of us up in one corner covered in cobwebs because we've been here that long! Immi get in here and dust us off please!

:biglaugh:Julie

Hi Julie, my dates are within days of yours, and I'm getting impatient too. I'm still a little confused as to the next steps - when they say "assessing" is that when we're asked to get medicals/police checks? Is that when we get a CO? And when do we have to submit the dreaded Form 80? Or are we asked for all these things before the "assessing"?

Sadge

Hi Julie, my dates are within days of yours, and I'm getting impatient too. I'm still a little confused as to the next steps - when they say "assessing" is that when we're asked to get medicals/police checks? Is that when we get a CO? And when do we have to submit the dreaded Form 80? Or are we asked for all these things before the "assessing"?

Sadge

Hi Sadge

Well we used to know how IMMI were doing things but it appears to be anyone's guess at the moment. theoretically someone at IMMI should email requesting meds, police reports and AOS, when those are all completed my understanding is that a case officer will then assess them as per the dates on the TEST email. They may be going back to the old way when they gave you 28 days to do meds, police reports and AOS! Who knows how the great brains at IMMI work!!!!! Not everyone is asked for a Form 80 and it can come as a very late request or an early one.

At the moment I think it's anyone's guess! Like you we are impatient and just want someone to give us a timetable for the next sequence of events!

it's really hard at this stage. My waking thoughts every morning are "will there be an email today."

keep eps smiling we should hear soon.

Julie