Guest guest36187

Hi There Vava and Julie. I thought the credit card route, though expensive would be easy and cause our son less work and stress! Now we are going down the path you suggested. We have sufficient funds over there so just need to organise inter bank transfer and for them to get the counter cheque raised and sent off. It all takes time though and we have now lost a week and the money must be paid within another 3 weeks or we could lose the visas! lets hope it goes more smoothly now

Hi again,

Don't worry! You won't lose your visas. Just email and ask for another couple of weeks. I had to do this when we were about to get our 143. I have an ANZ chequebook so I wrote a cheque and sent it via courier from the UK and IMMI wouldn't accept it. They insisted on a "bank" cheque. Anyway we happened to be in the Canaries when the email came through so they had to wait for the dosh! Don't let them bully you - they need your $$$$$$$$$.

Hope it all turns out ok (though I know it will!)

Cheers, Val

Hi There Vava and Julie. I thought the credit card route, though expensive would be easy and cause our son less work and stress! Now we are going down the path you suggested. We have sufficient funds over there so just need to organise inter bank transfer and for them to get the counter cheque raised and sent off. It all takes time though and we have now lost a week and the money must be paid within another 3 weeks or we could lose the visas! lets hope it goes more smoothly now

Hi again

It will be fine, if you are with NAB they will issue a bank draft straight away, we and our daughter bank with NAB and the money transferred between accounts instantly and she went straight into her branch and they did a bankers draft immediately. Mind you we were not sending the second vac this was for a car purchase. I wish we were at your stage!!!! Try not to stress you are almost there and we can' trait until you leave the waiting room and we all move up a couple of seats!

Julie

Guest Phalarope83

Yhanks Val, that's put my mind more at rest. Perhaps I will sleep better tonight. I'm fed up with getting up and making tea at 2am with only the dog to talk to! :arghh:He's not much help with financial matters, being a chocolate Lab he's only really interested in the digestives.........

Guest Phalarope83

Catlady,

I'm sorry to say that my agent has more or less left it up to me to sort out. I'm a bit disappointed to say the least but just want to get it over with now.

Catlady,

I'm sorry to say that my agent has more or less left it up to me to sort out. I'm a bit disappointed to say the least but just want to get it over with now.

That's awful! When you're paying for a service, you should be able to count on a bit of advice when you need it. But the advice from others on here is good. I've used currency transfer services to send money to my daughter without any problem.

Hi Everyone, just wondering if it is worth a call to immigration? Mum applied for Contributory Parent visa in 28th Oct 2013. Case officer was assigned July 2015. All forms including Police check, Assurance of Support, medical etc were submitted by early Sept 2015. Since then nothing......... What are your thoughts? I know it is just a matter of waiting but it's been such a long time since we emailed the police check. Mums house is sold and we are literally waiting for a request for the 2nd VAC. We have not used an agent - is that the problem? We haven't been advised anything is wrong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Poor mum is stressed out of her mind! Thanks in advance.

Guest geordie joe

Friday update -- We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 10 February 2014

Another nice jump, immi is still on a roll, hopefully it will free up some more seats in the waiting room.

Joe

Friday update -- We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 10 February 2014

Another nice jump, immi is still on a roll, hopefully it will free up some more seats in the waiting room.

Joe

That's a good'un Joe, everything crossed it continues to get a wriggle on

Maisie

Hello great to hear the wait is 22 months currently. Please can I ask we have sent off the completed paperwork (yesterday) so what can we expect to happen? Will there be some acknowledgement from immigration to say the application has been received? Thank you for your help, Custardy.

Hi. When we sent ours in we heard nothing for about 2 weeks then saw money taken from our account. We then received an email saying our lodgement date was 23 May 2014, however, it also stated we would not get a formal acknowledgement of this for approx 6 months. After 6 1/2 months we finally received a formal acknowledgement. Hope that helps. Kim

Guest Phalarope83

Well the wait is finally over as our visas were granted today. Two years, all but one week, after submission. A bit of an anti climax in some ways but in others its the beginning of the end of a very long road. Keep faith and never give up!

Well the wait is finally over as our visas were granted today. Two years, all but one week, after submission. A bit of an anti climax in some ways but in others its the beginning of the end of a very long road. Keep faith and never give up!

Many congratulations, where in oz are you heading?

Hi all

ive been reading the letters about paying the second vac and am convinced that paying via Australian bankers draft is the way forward (when the time comes). My only worry is about security. How did you all send the bankers draft to Perth? The thought of the draft going off into limbo without trace and hoping for the best makes me feel a bit queasy to say the least!

Thanks in in advance for your replies.

Hi all

ive been reading the letters about paying the second vac and am convinced that paying via Australian bankers draft is the way forward (when the time comes). My only worry is about security. How did you all send the bankers draft to Perth? The thought of the draft going off into limbo without trace and hoping for the best makes me feel a bit queasy to say the least!

Thanks in in advance for your replies.

Hi I think the only safe way is to either hand deliver to the office or send by secure/registered mail. I will be in Perth when mine is requested so I am going to personally take it to the visa centre

Hi I think the only safe way is to either hand deliver to the office or send by secure/registered mail. I will be in Perth when mine is requested so I am going to personally take it to the visa centre

Hi

I believe you can only send payments or documents to the parent centre in Perth by courier or registered mail as they do not offer a counter service or accept personal visitors.

They do however accept various documents by email as long as they're PDF files.

It should be quite safe to send a bankers cheque (they don't call them drafts) by courier or registered post with a covering letter.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong!

Regards

Steve

Edited by Steve2

Hi

I believe you can only send payments or documents to the parent centre in Perth by courier or registered mail as they do not offer a counter service or accept personal visitors.

They do however accept various documents by email as long as they're PDF files.

It should be quite safe to send a bankers cheque (they don't call them drafts) by courier or registered post with a covering letter.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong!

Regards

Steve

thanks Steve

looks like it will have to be done by courier or registered mail then.

Linda

thanks Steve

Linda

I'd be interested to know what method you choose. I recently sent something to my daughter in Australia, using the Royal Mail signed for service. It took over 4 weeks to arrive and I was only able to track its progress while it was still in the UK, once it left the UK that was it until it was finally signed for at destination. The Post Office told me there is no Track & Sign service to Australia, only Sign For. And compensation is extremely limited. One of the international couriers might be a better bet.

I'd be interested to know what method you choose. I recently sent something to my daughter in Australia, using the Royal Mail signed for service. It took over 4 weeks to arrive and I was only able to track its progress while it was still in the UK, once it left the UK that was it until it was finally signed for at destination. The Post Office told me there is no Track & Sign service to Australia, only Sign For. And compensation is extremely limited. One of the international couriers might be a better bet.

Hi you can send items using international tracked from the post office. This doesn't get a signature but has electronic tracking all the way. It tells you each step of the journey is when's it reaches Aus when it gets to Perth then when it is out for delivery and finally when it has been delivered.i have used this service to send important documents to my daughter and tracked it all the way. Hope this helps

Linda

thanks Steve

Linda

Afraid so

Would be better to have a more personal service, especially with the amount of money we are having to part with!

What part of Perth are you heading to, we're hoping to be there too.

Cheers

Steve

For what it's worth I think with the payment of the second VAC the safest and surest way is to send the money over electronically via Moneycorp or such like to either your Australian bank account (if you have one yet) or your relatives and then get them to raise the bankers cheque and arrange for secure delivery, this takes most of the worry out of the transaction.

Many people on the forum have done this successfully; personally we have arranged for our son to be a signatory on our Aussie bank account and then he can sort it all out for us when/if the time comes.

Hope this helps.

Steve