Guest guest36187

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can give some advice on timelines for processing contributory parent visa? My parents application finally gets submitted at the end of this month!!! It has been a long time coming, waiting for our 2 year mark here in Oz before they can actually apply.

Many thanks

Kerry

Guest geordie joe
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can give some advice on timelines for processing contributory parent visa? My parents application finally gets submitted at the end of this month!!! It has been a long time coming, waiting for our 2 year mark here in Oz before they can actually apply.

Many thanks

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

Its currently taking around 20 - 24 months.

Joe

Hi Linda

If we had sold our house we would be doing the same thing too. Hope the grant comes through on time.

Julie

Hi Julie

we were lucky and managed to sell last year so have been in rented for 12 months. This waiting really takes it out of you it feels like your life is in limbo. It's so good to see that others are in the same boat and it really helps being able to keep up with what's happening to every one else.

Linda

Hi Julie

we were lucky and managed to sell last year so have been in rented for 12 months. This waiting really takes it out of you it feels like your life is in limbo. It's so good to see that others are in the same boat and it really helps being able to keep up with what's happening to every one else.

Linda

Hi Julie, test e-mail states 'currently assessing applications lodged up to 10 January 2014' this morning, so no further forward :0(

We applied for a subclass 143 contributory migrant visa in early April 2015 using an agent in Oz, we know we have a longish wait yet but do I need to open an immi account with the Australian government immigration to be able to track where in the queue we are? Are they catching up yet or are numbers growing? We have no close family left in the UK and want to be with our daughters and our only little grandchild. We are in our late 60's so would like to go sooner rather than later.

We applied for a subclass 143 contributory migrant visa in early April 2015 using an agent in Oz, we know we have a longish wait yet but do I need to open an immi account with the Australian government immigration to be able to track where in the queue we are? Are they catching up yet or are numbers growing? We have no close family left in the UK and want to be with our daughters and our only little grandchild. We are in our late 60's so would like to go sooner rather than later.

Apparently, there is no " queue" for a 143, they just get to your application when they get to it. They are currently assessing applications lodged 10 January 2014,​ i.e. 15 months before yours, so your application has a long wait unfortunately. It is currently taking around 22 to 24 months from date of lodgement of application to grant of Visa. I used an agent in the UK and therefore Immigration should deal with the agent, not me, and I would imagine that would be the same if you used an agent in Australia, but it's worth checking with the agent - after all you pay the agent to provide a service. And it can do no harm to keep in regular contact with the agent anyway. Is your agent MARA registered? And when did you pay your first visa application fee, and what date did you/your agent receive an acknowledgment from Immigration?

Edited by Catlady2014

So knowing they had a planned outage for today - you would have thought they would have posted last night - maybe I am setting the bar too high in terms of expectations!! Kim

Hi Kim

Our expectations always seem to be dashed. Looking at your lodgement date you should be hearing from them at the end of the month for medicals etc as you are running a calendar month behind Harleydphil and a month in front of us! Let us know when you hear!

julie

Hi Julie. I have gone through many pencils doing my calculations as likely dates and I concur with you. We have taken plunge and moved here already and our temporary visa runs out 30 Jan so sailing close to the wind. Worth the gamble as got 4 year old and 3 month grandchildren and spending time with them is priceless. Don't worry I will be posting as soon as I hear and you will probably hear me screaming yes yes yes wherever you are xkimx

Hi Linda, I am new to this as we lodged April 2015, Have you had to store all your furniture etc? I thought you had to be offshore from Oz when the visa application was made and issued? or do you still have a house in Uk? We are wondering at what point to sell the house which we downsized to as rentals usually want a year lease which we we would prefer not to do but might have to.

Also can anyone tell me whether the 143 application wait time is the same in every state? We need to go to NSW so guess that will be the longest.

Hi Linda, I am new to this as we lodged April 2015, Have you had to store all your furniture etc? I thought you had to be offshore from Oz when the visa application was made and issued? or do you still have a house in Uk? We are wondering at what point to sell the house which we downsized to as rentals usually want a year lease which we we would prefer not to do but might have to.

Also can anyone tell me whether the 143 application wait time is the same in every state? We need to go to NSW so guess that will be the longest.

Hi

we sold our house last year and moved in to a rental so that we would be ready to go when visa was approved but have got fed up of waiting. Our visa will probably be processed inFeb/March time so we have decided to fly out on Dec 30 and hopefully our visa will be granted before the 12 week holiday visa runs out. We have to go offshore for the visa to be granted so will take a short trip to Bali when it is due to be processed. If it is not processed before the end of our 12 week stay we will have to decide whether to apply for the tourist visa which will let us stay longer or whether to leave and re enter for another 12 week holiday visa. Fingers crossed it will be done in the first 12 weeks. We are not taking anything with us only 6 suitcases and will start again when we are in Perth. It has been quite a cleansing process. We have only the bare essentials left and these will go to the charity shop or the tip when we move out on the 29 Dec. the whole process is very stressful but we are nearing then end now and can't wait to be with my daughters and four grandchildren.

Now that 2010 timescale scares me as I'm about to lodge my CPV next week. I actually feel happier with the thought of 18 months to 2 years to give me time to get my head round everything. Both my children and my 3 grandchildren are in Oz and my husband died earlier this year which is why I am now planning to move. There seem to be so many issues to sort out though, money, pensions, medical cover, housing, to say nothing of the actual move! Then last week I was worrying because I would be totally starting again in terms of making friends, becoming involved in new activities. When I move I know that I want to be close to but totally independent of my children for my sake (and theirs!). This thread will be great for being able to chat to people who will be facing the same issues, so thank you for setting it up.

Good luck with it, I hope you have plenty of support in what must have been a very difficult year for you, we would have liked to have applied earlier but we had one elderly parent to think of, we now just want to get on with it before we get any older! We too will have to work hard at making new friends and will need to be a drive away from our family there as Sydney is just too expensive and busy. It is not knowing when they will issue a visa that is difficult to live with, for selling the house, booking holidays, etc., and sorting the pension is difficult since uk gov changed the rules.

We must all try and think positive!