Guest guest36187

Hi all

Auto reply to "Test" email this morning says they're now assessing for finalization for 8 November 2013, good progress!

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve (I know, it's been a while)

This is good news to see! Hopefully December 2013 was a bit quiet for lodgements. This would mean I could be looking at about 7 months or sooner, a couple more weeks for you I think. How are the house sale plans going? We are likely to put ours on the market soon so there is no last minute panic :-)

Amanda

Hi Steve (I know, it's been a while)

This is good news to see! Hopefully December 2013 was a bit quiet for lodgements. This would mean I could be looking at about 7 months or sooner, a couple more weeks for you I think. How are the house sale plans going? We are likely to put ours on the market soon so there is no last minute panic :-)

Amanda

Hi Amanda

Yes it has been a while, I hope all is good with you and your plans.

Hopefully it was quiet all the way through to June/July 2014!!

We've sold and are due to exchange contracts this week as we have a rental to move into now.

Good luck when you take the plunge - we sold much quicker than expected.

Regards

Steve

Hi Amanda

Yes it has been a while, I hope all is good with you and your plans.

Hopefully it was quiet all the way through to June/July 2014!!

We've sold and are due to exchange contracts this week as we have a rental to move into now.

Good luck when you take the plunge - we sold much quicker than expected.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve, yes, all good with us, thanks :-) I hope you've been keeping well. You must have been very busy decluttering etc, we don't know where to start haha! Congrats on the sale, that must be such a relief! Apparently luck should be on our side, houses seem to be selling quite fast in Jersey but you just can never take it for granted. At least we are giving ourselves time so we don't have to panic sell at the last minute.

Good luck with the move into the rental !

All the best,

Amanda

Hi Steve, yes, all good with us, thanks :-) I hope you've been keeping well. You must have been very busy decluttering etc, we don't know where to start haha! Congrats on the sale, that must be such a relief! Apparently luck should be on our side, houses seem to be selling quite fast in Jersey but you just can never take it for granted. At least we are giving ourselves time so we don't have to panic sell at the last minute.

Good luck with the move into the rental !

All the best,

Amanda

Hi Amanda

Yes - decluttering and packing is so much fun!

Good luck when you go on the market.

That was our thinking, to go on early and wait for a good offer, it came in just a few days so a different sort of panic set in.

Now it's nail biting time waiting for the call to say we've exchanged.

Tale care

Steve

Hi guys,

I already lodged a non contributory visa application subclass 103 for my parents and application date was in October 2013.

However, currently my parents wish to switch to subclass 143 contributory parent visa.

My agent advised that I would have to do a fresh new application and waiting time will start from the beginning (2-2.5 years from now if I do a new application now). This means the waiting time since October 2013 till now will not be taken into consideration if we change from 103 to 143 visa

However, my friend's father was exactly in same situation and my friend told me his father was in shorter waiting period when switching from 103 to 143 visa application

1. Could you please advise if it is possible to switch to subclass 143 (withdraw 103 application) and the waiting time while applying for 103 visa still counts?

2. If I decide to switch to 143 visa, do I have to submit personal info/passports/forms all over again or just need to fill in Form 47PA?

Thank you and I look forward to your reply

I did exactly this & the time they have already waited does count. Yes they have to withdraw the 103 but that's all on the new forms & a very simple procedure. I did not use an agent.

Hi Guys

My parents and 23 year old dependent brother (21 when they applied) applied in August 2013. CO got assigned on 16th July 2015 and requested documents to prove dependency and other documents which we sent first week of August 2015 but still no reply from CO. I know they got hundred of files to process but this wait is just terrible.....Any idea when will we hear back from CO. Team 1.

Hi Guys

My parents and 23 year old dependent brother (21 when they applied) applied in August 2013. CO got assigned on 16th July 2015 and requested documents to prove dependency and other documents which we sent first week of August 2015 but still no reply from CO. I know they got hundred of files to process but this wait is just terrible.....Any idea when will we hear back from CO. Team 1.

Hi,

I'm assuming if a CO has made direct contact with you asking for documents etc then you should have their email address and a name. Check back through your emails to see if it's there.

Regards, Val

Hi Guys

Hi Applicant2013,

My application for 143 was lodged on 30th August 2013 and still in the waiting. On 20th July was requested further documents and to submit AoS

which was all done. AoS is dated Aug 13 after which there has been no communication from CO. No response either to emails.

Guess, all one can do is patiently wait. Any other guys in the same situation ??

Guest geordie joe
Hi everyone

The autoreply from the "test" email says they're assessing for finalization for 21 November 2013 now.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for the update Steve, that's the queue moved by almost a month in the last 2 weeks. Now if they could keep up that run rate that would shorten the waiting list considerably.

regards

Joe

Hi All,

I would like to seek advice on my situation. I am going to apply contributory parent visa (subclass 143) for my parents and my brother. As far i understand, it will take up to 2 years for visas to be granted. My questions are

- Can i get my parents on visitor visa after lodging 143 as they probably want to visit me during the 2 year waiting.

- Can my brother apply for student visa while he is waiting for his 143.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Suzy

Guest geordie joe
Hi everyone

Who else is going to Perth would be good to have some contacts with others going to the same place

Linda

Hi Linda,

Both Steve who posted earlier today and myself are heading to Perth.

Joe

Hi everyone,

Finally found the appropriate thread. As you can tell, new to the site but getting sorted. Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Will have lots to ask you all in near future. Our lodgement date is 9th October 2014.

Johnboy

Hi Johnboy

Glad you found the thread, welcome to the waiting room.

Julie