Guest guest36187

How do I add details of my application at bottom of post, please.

I've seen somewhere on a forum post that it has something to do with editing my signature?

However I cannot locate it or edit my signature on my profile.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

How do I add details of my application at bottom of post, please.

I've seen somewhere on a forum post that it has something to do with editing my signature?

However I cannot locate it or edit my signature on my profile.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi

After you've logged in go into settings near the top right hand corner of the page and then find edit signature which is on the left hand side about half way down the list and once in there you can enter your details as you wish.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Hi Folks!

I'm operating on the basis that it will take 2 years from date of lodgement before I have my visa granted (all going well).

I intend to continue on enjoying life as normal here (and hopefully avoid stressing over this move?).

I have made a (slow) start on decluttering - long overdue anyway!

A friend of mine used to say "everything comes to those who know how to wait". Come to think of it, I think he's dead now!

Anyway, all we can do is chill out and let the Department work its magic (slowly?!).

tral12

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

Once your application is allocated to a case officer you or your authorised contact will be contacted and asked to provide more documents including police certificates and health clearances to complete your application. Please do not send documents until you are requested to do so.

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 08 October 2013.

Be assured we are working very hard and do appreciate your patience even though the assessing date hasn't moved this week. In the first four days of this week we granted well over 100 visas in these subclasses.

Some clients will have previously been requested to commence medical examinations and police clearances by a specified date and are concerned that these may now become invalid.

Once your application is allocated to a case officer documents may be requested to consider the application further. This may include a request to provide medical examinations and police clearances obtained following lodgement of the application. A case officer will assess the suitability of information including the validity of health and character clearances and contact will be made with the applicant or their authorised representative if further information is required. In some instances applicants may be asked to provide updated information. This will be assessed by a case officer and an applicant notified if this requirement applies to them. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Hi Dolphin, were you hoping for your visa to be complete by Xmas? We have a lodgement date in Novbember 2013 and still

no closer so I imagine you will have quite a bit longer to wait! However we have not been asked to do our AOS? I see you have though, how did you go about doing that so soon? Thanks pops

Good afternoon everyone

TEST email just back still showing 8 Oct for 143‘s but a very interesting note added saying please don't be concerned that the date hasn't t moved yet as they have granted over 100 visas in the first 4 days of this week! Hmm think someone at IMMI is reading our posts! Anyway if someone at IMMI is reading them, THANK YOU, we appreciate the updates!

Julie

"We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 08 October 2013."

DIBP

Does "assessing for finalisation" mean your CO has been appointed? Or does it mean the final stage after AOS, Form 80, Police Checks and Medicals have been received and approved?

Incidentally, looking at Form 80, I notice that a lot of the questions on it are similar to the original Form 47PA?

Is Form 80 requested at a later date in order to ensure all information is up to date?

Edited by tral12

Hi Perthpops yes we were hoping for Christmas as that would be 20 months but by reading on this forum can see that that is going to be pretty unlikely now. You are so near now so that's good. On our acknowledgement email it said to do the ASOS in April 2015 so that's what we did. My daughter went to centrelink to start the ball rolling and it took a month to sort it as it is quite a lengthy procedure. It involved phone interviews as well as a couple of visits to centrelink then waiting for an email which then told them to go to bank to lodge the bond. It has to be done at a commonwealth bank and your sponsor has to open a special bond in their name and lodge the money. It received interest and after 10 years is refunded if no claims are made on it. When it is finalised they get an email with the information and I assume immi are informed too. It seems to me that everyone's acknowledgement letters seem to say different things. We are going to Perth. It is good to follow people's situations as the information is very helpful. Look forward to seeing you get your visa soon.

Guest geordie joe
Good afternoon everyone

TEST email just back still showing 8 Oct for 143‘s but a very interesting note added saying please don't be concerned that the date hasn't t moved yet as they have granted over 100 visas in the first 4 days of this week! Hmm think someone at IMMI is reading our posts! Anyway if someone at IMMI is reading them, THANK YOU, we appreciate the updates!

Julie

Great point Julie and thanks for sharing, some people say no news is good news, but not in this situation and the updates are gratefully received.

Joe

Good afternoon everyone

Julie

Hey Julie, great post, thanks for sharing the update. Just wondering... Do you think that they mean they have granted 100 CPV in 4 days, or that they have granted 100 visas of various sub-types in 4 days? Perhaps you would be able to Copy and Paste the email exert into this thread.

Edited by RMT1980

Guest geordie joe
Anyone?

"We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 08 October 2013."

DIBP

Does "assessing for finalisation" mean your CO has been appointed?

i believe so

Guest geordie joe
Hey Julie, great post, thanks for sharing the update. Just wondering... Do you think that they mean they have granted 100 CPV in 4 days, or that they have granted 100 visas of various sub-types in 4 days? Perhaps you would be able to Copy and Paste the email exert into this thread.

Hi

The 100 visa's quoted relates to the 143/173

Once your application is allocated to a case officer you or your authorised contact will be contacted and asked to provide more documents including police certificates and health clearances to complete your application. Please do not send documents until you are requested to do so.

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 08 October 2013.

Be assured we are working very hard and do appreciate your patience even though the assessing date hasn't moved this week. In the first four days of this week we granted well over 100 visas in these subclasses.

Joe

Hi

The 100 visa's quoted relates to the 143/173

Joe

Another change is they are not saying "please wait another 2-3 months to do medical, police check" and they are not saying "the wait time is 18-22 months". I would say that is a good thing and they are hoping to get it under 18 month again :)

Cheers,

Nassim

--Edit----

oops there is a whole paragraph regarding this one ...

Some clients will have previously been requested to commence medical examinations and police clearances by a specified date and are concerned that these may now become invalid.

Once your application is allocated to a case officer documents may be requested to consider the application further. This may include a request to provide medical examinations and police clearances obtained following lodgement of the application. A case officer will assess the suitability of information including the validity of health and character clearances and contact will be made with the applicant or their authorised representative if further information is required. In some instances applicants may be asked to provide updated information. This will be assessed by a case officer and an applicant notified if this requirement applies to them. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Not 100% sure what they are trying to say here.

Edited by joop

Another change is they are not saying "please wait another 2-3 months to do medical, police check" and they are not saying "the wait time is 18-22 months". I would say that is a good thing and they are hoping to get it under 18 month again :)

Cheers,

Nassim

--Edit----

oops there is a whole paragraph regarding this one ...

Not 100% sure what they are trying to say here.

I think what they are trying to say is that they tried changing the way they did things and some applicants were given time frames for medicals and police checks. Immi then got so far behind and now some applicants are complaining that their meds and police check validity is almost out of time. They could say "sorry, we got it wrong" but they won't so they are going back to the old way where you have to wait to be asked for these. Hope this makes sense!

Regards, Val

Good afternoon all,

This may be repeated as I had nearly finished it, pressed something and it disappeared!

Anyway, we have just had the request for the 2nd VAC (yaaay!). We transferred the dosh some time ago into an Australian account in anticipation, hoping to save on credit card charges. Having checked there does not now seem anyway of easily transferring it as no account was supplied, and the instructions seem to be either geared towards credit card payment or by cheque. Any advice will be gratefully received.

I will now hopefully press the right button so that this is posted correctly.

cheers

Good afternoon all,

This may be repeated as I had nearly finished it, pressed something and it disappeared!

Anyway, we have just had the request for the 2nd VAC (yaaay!). We transferred the dosh some time ago into an Australian account in anticipation, hoping to save on credit card charges. Having checked there does not now seem anyway of easily transferring it as no account was supplied, and the instructions seem to be either geared towards credit card payment or by cheque. Any advice will be gratefully received.

I will now hopefully press the right button so that this is posted correctly.

cheers

Hi

Many congratulations you're almost there!

As far as I am aware you can only pay by credit card or bankers cheque (equal to our bankers draft).

You need to ask your bank to draw the bankers cheque and then you may be able to arrange for your sponsor to collect the bankers cheque and courier it to immigration on your behalf, we have pre-arranged this by getting our son as a named person on our NAB account.

Good luck with it and I hope this helps.

When did you lodge your application just so that we know what progress they have made date wise?

Steve