Guest guest36187

Guest jen1977

Richard you won't actually know when you are assigned a CO, nothing is said about it. We received an email end of July saying that we were about to receive a CO and to complete everything. As you are just under 3 months behind my FIL I would say that you are due to receive this letter shortly. I would organise (if you haven't already) your AOS, police check and medical and make sure you have completed the form 80. If you have done all that you are saving a lot of time. We didn't heard anything again until the 2nd VAC was asked for. Once this was paid the visa is issued.

I know it is a frustrating wait and you do clutch at any information that might mean you are getting a little bit closer to the end

Guest spursno1

Hi jen1977

Thanks for info I want to say we applied for an 804 aged parent visa on 29/05/2012 and have just had medicals,police checks and form 80 and today we were placed in the queue (some 29 months) worth waiting for good luck to all still waiting

Hey Cass

Processing date is based on the lodgement date.Im just 3 days behind, "the email" can arrive any moment for me lol. ( Heaps excited )

Rich

hi

I see on your timeline that you still have your AOS to do ,or have you done it and not updated the timeline

Am asking because Centrelink offices in some cities are notoriously slow in processing them !!

Cheer Barry

Hey barry

Now we have to wait for the case officer before getting our aos processed, so yeah, its still pending.

Centerlink processing is same in every state, it takes 2 days (interview,deposit and approval) to process an aos.

What take time is the queue we are in! If im supposed to apply for aos in the next few days and people already got their appointments for that period, its gonna take me a month to get through.

Rich

Edited by richardcoull

Hey barry

Now we have to wait for the case officer before getting our aos processed, so yeah, its still pending.

Centerlink processing is same in every state, it takes 2 days (interview,deposit and approval) to process an aos.

What take time is the queue we are in! If im supposed to apply for aos in the next few days and people already got their appointments for that period, its gonna take me a month to get through.

Rich

Hi

Here in Perth it took 3 to 4 weeks just last July for ours to be processed

In our acknowledgement letter they stated that we could apply for AOS 12 months after lodgement

Cheers Barry

Edited by Barry001

Guest jen1977

Richard I can guarantee you that is does not take 2 days to process the AOS. We lodged the paperwork and then it took over a week to get called up for the phone interview. If that is ok they send you out a letter requesting the bond. Then you lodge the bond and then you have to take the bond paperwork back into centrelink where it is sent to the AOS department and it takes another day for it to be lodged with immigration. For us the process was quite drawn out and it is what took the longest.

Edited by jen1977

It does depend on where your Assurer lives as to how long the AOS process takes. Different states/places seem to process at different rates. In our case it took 10 weeks in Queensland.

Yes, ours dragged on and on in the Brisbane area. We had to ask our CO for more time - which they were ok about. Oh the irony! 2 years down the line and we're still stuck in the UK trying to sell this bl***y house!

Hi, We lodged off shore.

Our 143 (offshore) was lodged 18 June 2014 and we've not received formal acknowledgement yet, only the initial e-mail with receipt, at end of August 2014. I hope ours comes through this week. I wonder how this works then, if not in order of lodgement date. Lucky you Tony :-)

Hi Amanda

Just got the test email back from WA parents, they are currently acknowledging applications lodged on 8th May 2014 so I have no idea how Tony received his acknowledgement!

Julie

Phew! Thanks Julie, seems it may be December for us to receive ours then. Mild panic over.

Amanda

Our 143 (offshore) was lodged 18 June 2014 and we've not received formal acknowledgement yet, only the initial e-mail with receipt, at end of August 2014. I hope ours comes through this week. I wonder how this works then, if not in order of lodgement date. Lucky you Tony :-)

Hi Amanda, Our acknowledgement took six months to come through from lodgement so don't worry, it will come.

Hey guys,

Thank you for the very helpful thread.

My mom's lodgement date is April 30th 2014, for 143 offshore. But we have not yet got any acknowledgment, has this happened to anyone, although the automatic email says they are acknowledging 12the of May?