Guest guest36187

Hi Joe

I advised barclaycard to expect the payment, even so as I was reading the email this morning the phone rang and it was Their fraud dept double checking that it was OK to process the payment. don't know which credit card company you're with but my payment wasn't rejected. Not long for you to wait, you will feel so much better when it comes through. where you off to in OZ?

Julie

Hi Amanda

At last got my receipt this morning - interestingly they said I'd lodged on 23rd June even though docs were signed for on 20th June in the afternoon. it would appear that Friday afternoon post becomes Monday a.m.

Got to say I'm so relieved. My email says that the application is validated and receipted so at least I know the forms were all OK and I hadn't made any silly mistakes. Had to admit to dancing around the room in excitement!

Not ot long to go for everyone else - it's so hard to be patient but it's such a relief to know that we are now in the system. they are still saying 5 months for acknowledgement etc so no changes to timeline.

Julie

Hi Julie

Great news and thanks for the update.

Ours was delivered to them on 1st July so only a week behind you, so will be interesting to see when we hear from them.

At least there is some light at the end of a very long tunnel!

Regards

Steve

"At last got my receipt this morning - interestingly they said I'd lodged on 23rd June even though docs were signed for on 20th June in the afternoon. it would appear that Friday afternoon post becomes Monday a.m.

Got to say I'm so relieved. My email says that the application is validated and receipted so at least I know the forms were all OK and I hadn't made any silly mistakes. Had to admit to dancing around the room in excitement!

Not ot long to go for everyone else - it's so hard to be patient but it's such a relief to know that we are now in the system. they are still saying 5 months for acknowledgement etc so no changes to timeline.

Julie"

Thanks for the update Julie, that's great news. and it's nice to see thing starting to happen

We lodged on the 4th of July so a couple of weeks behind you. I will need to keep my phone with me as my credit card company have told me they will probably reject the payment the first time for security reasons, but will ring me to confirm the payment request is genuine (hopefully not in the middle of the night). I will then need to let the relevant department know in Perth so they can re-apply for it.

I know everyone keeps saying be patient but like you it would be nice to get over the first hurdle of paying the first VAC and receiving some form of acknowledgement.

Joe

Hi Joe

We're only a couple of days in front of you so when we hear you'll get very twitchy I expect!

I'm expecting similar contact from our card provider.

Cheers

Steve

Guest geordie joe

Hi Julie,

My credit card is with Lloyds, I have told them to expect the payment but they said it will still be rejected. We are looking to move to Perth where our son settled 3 years ago and where our daughter and partner have just moved to.

Hi Joe

Hope lloyds don't mess you around - it'stressful enough waiting for Perth immi to sort it out without the hassle of payment being rejected by credit card co. My email also stated that if you contact them by email and put the heading TEST that will auto reply with an update of where they are at with application processing etc. I was twitchy all last week, came down with shingles from the stress! I feel like an enormous weight has lifted from my shoulders and that now I can sit back and relax. All kinds of doubts ran thro my mind like should have used an agent, what if it's lost down the back of someone's desk....It's enough to send you bonkers!

Julie

Hi Amanda

At last got my receipt this morning - interestingly they said I'd lodged on 23rd June even though docs were signed for on 20th June in the afternoon. it would appear that Friday afternoon post becomes Monday a.m.

Julie

Yay, hooray Julie :-) That's great news - I know the feeling, you feel as though you've passed a test or something when they say all seems in order! Five months has now become "only" a 2 1/2 months further wait I guess, same as the waiting time to this stage. At least early July parents know it's not too long now as well.

Regards,

Amanda

Can I say that the receipting of a visa application simply confirms a valid visa application has been lodged.

In other words, for the generality of visa applications that the correct visa application forms have been submitted and the first Visa Application Charge has been paid to the Department of Immigration.

The claims made in the application will be checked once the documents start to be reviewed, which won't be straightaway for CP visa applications.

Best regards.

Can I say that the receipting of a visa application simply confirms a valid visa application has been lodged.

In other words, for the generality of visa applications that the correct visa application forms have been submitted and the first Visa Application Charge has been paid to the Department of Immigration.

The claims made in the application will be checked once the documents start to be reviewed, which won't be straightaway for CP visa applications.

Best regards.

Thanks Alan, that was my understanding of this part of the process - for me, just the fact the first hurdle is out the way and the application hasn't been returned as incorrect or something is a big enough deal :-)

All the best,

Amanda

Hi Amanda

Can you let me know when you get your acknowledgement letter. As expected ours will be due just as we are flying out to OZ for 7 weeks visiting our daughter. I'm not expecting that they will ask for any info but will take my file and IPAD with me just in case....

Going to take the opportunity to do loads of research whilst we are there. had our house valued a few weeks ago so we've got a rough idea what we might be able to afford in OZ. I wish they would get on and sort this Scottish referendum out it's messing up the exchange rates with the UK£ particularly with the AUD.

Julie

Hi Amanda

Can you let me know when you get your acknowledgement letter. As expected ours will be due just as we are flying out to OZ for 7 weeks visiting our daughter. I'm not expecting that they will ask for any info but will take my file and IPAD with me just in case....

Going to take the opportunity to do loads of research whilst we are there. had our house valued a few weeks ago so we've got a rough idea what we might be able to afford in OZ. I wish they would get on and sort this Scottish referendum out it's messing up the exchange rates with the UK£ particularly with the AUD.

Julie

Yes, sure Julie, I will let you know (lucky you, getting a trip in soon!). I saw today that GBP took a bit of a dive against AUD, not great news - hopefully it'll settle soon.

Amanda

Hi Joe

Hope lloyds don't mess you around - it'stressful enough waiting for Perth immi to sort it out without the hassle of payment being rejected by credit card co. My email also stated that if you contact them by email and put the heading TEST that will auto reply with an update of where they are at with application processing etc. I was twitchy all last week, came down with shingles from the stress! I feel like an enormous weight has lifted from my shoulders and that now I can sit back and relax. All kinds of doubts ran thro my mind like should have used an agent, what if it's lost down the back of someone's desk....It's enough to send you bonkers!

Julie

Hi there, we didn't get a phone call from the bank checking whether the payment for the 1st VAC was genuine but a text. I rang them straight and they had already rejected it! What a nightmare, I swear I've aged 10 years since starting the application. We have an agent and thankfully it all got sorted and payment has been verified. Just waiting for the acknowledgement now, I'm hoping it's sometime this month!! Good luck to you all

maisiedaisy

CPV 143....Once Visa granted is there any time limit, ie a date by which you will have to go to AUS?? Trying to work out the logistics and wondering what happens if visa granted before house is sold.

Hi Calmac,

You do have to validate your visa by entering Australia within a year of your PCC or medicals (it will tell you the date on your grant letter when you get it). Apart from that you can come and go for five years. We are still stuck in the UK trying to sell our house. Our 143 was granted in October 2012 so we're nearly 2 years down the line. We have until 2017 to be full time residents.

So regarding the house, do not worry - these things can take a while!

Good luck

Val

Hello Vava

That is so helpful and thank you very much for your speedy advice. We are just starting out on the long application process and are trying to get our heads round a lot of information A relief to know that we can have some time after granting of visa....if we get that far!!!

Hey guys,

We are waiting for further progress on my dad's application since the CO was allocated on 28th August 2014. The hold up was due to my mum's PCC who's non migratory spouse, our agent insisted we wouldn't need it but CO asked for originals so had to get all that done. We've finally submitted that last document last week so now fingers crossed waiting for the 2nd VAc request. Does anyone know roughly how long this takes? Also, my dad completed his medicals on August 29th or so, but we are a little skeptical cause we haven't heard anything from the CO since the first batch of documents she requested. Do we assume all is good?

Also does anyone know if the CO goes through all paperwork once everything is received or would he/she go through each document as and when it is received? I'm so worried..

Cheers

Priya

hey priya

From all the information i got from various immi sites, it take around 1 week to receive the pre grant letter and 2nd VAC request after everything is done. You would only get 2nd vac payment request once your visa is finalized, so i think tht means when co goes through all the paperwork once everything is received.I'm sure someone will correct me if im wrong.

ps- dont get worried about the silence lol , your co will soon get to you and tell you to pack your bags :)

regards,

Richard

Edited by richardcoull

Hey Richard,

Yes you're spot on, our agent forwarded us the pre visa grant letter & request for the 2nd VAC yesterday, soooo relieved, it means myfulfilled all criteria!!!!

I was going to pay by credit card but then my parents found the 1.8% surcharge pretty ridiculous so I got a bank cheque this morning and going to post it off soon. Plus with the credit card, there's always a risk of the security team within the bank rejecting large requests despite having pre warned the financial institution. So we figured bank cheque was the best bet...

Cheers

Pri

Any update on current processing of CPV 143 applications ? the department recieved my application on 12 april, 2013 as stated on their letter. any idea for how long i have to play this waiting game??? :P:P

and laura u can browse and get details of parent visas on immi aus website ( www.immi.gov.au)

cheers

AND THIS THREAD HAS BEEN REALLY QUITE , WHICH MAKES ME REALLY SAD AND ALSO MAKES THE WAITING TIME LOOK LONGER :P

Edited by richardcoull

Any update on current processing of CPV 143 applications ? the department recieved my application on 12 april, 2013 as stated on their letter. any idea for how long i have to play this waiting game??? :P:P

and laura u can browse and get details of parent visas on immi aus website ( www.immi.gov.au)

cheers

AND THIS THREAD HAS BEEN REALLY QUITE , WHICH MAKES ME REALLY SAD AND ALSO MAKES THE WAITING TIME LOOK LONGER :P

Hi

An auto reply from immi just yesterday stated that they are assessing (assigning COs)143 applications lodged in February 2013

thanks for the info barry ..

its been 18 months and i still dont know the difference between lodgement and acknowledgement date ? my acknowledgement letter states that they received the application on 12th april <-----is this wht ya call lodgement ??

Hi

Lodgement date is the date Perth immi registered receipt of your application

Acknowledgement is currently at about 5 months after lodgement date and sets out the timetable for commencement of Police checks,medicals and AOS submission

Assessment , ie assignment of CO, is, according to Perth immi running at about 18 months after the lodgement date, but after reading recent posts on POMS it looks to be more like 19 months, so I would say that you will be assigned a CO around about November

i think, that after assignment of CO, and if all your docs are in order, and they have in their possession , police checks, favourable medical info and an approved AOS from Centrelink your visa will be granted within weeks,after payment of final VAC of course

I am sure that someone will correct me if my perception of the the process is wrong

cheers

Barry

Hi all,

Thought I'd highlight my dad's 143 timeline as a rough guide:

Application lodged: 16 Jan 2013

Acknowledgment received: 31 March 2013 along with request to send through Form 80, form 47A etc.

PCC: 12 Dec 2013

AOS lodged: 3 July 2014

Request for documents email received by our agent: 14 July 2014 (this is not a formal CO allocation, just a reminder to now keep all documents ready)

Letter from Centrelink to lodge the bond received: 22 July 2014 (Bond lodged within a couple of days with CBA)

Medicals done for both mum and done (mum is non migratory dependent spouse): 30th July (this was done after the ''request for documents'' letter was received because it contained the eMedical HAP ID's)

CO allocated: 28th July, requesting for Form 80 for my mum (non-migratory dependent spouse, Form 1221 for both parents & original PCC's for both). We sent all this through within a few days.

AOS acceptance letter received: 5 August 2014

At this point everything was done except for my mums PCC which was holding us off. My parents got this processed and sent this through, the Department received this on 04 Sept.

Request for 2nd VAC & Pre visa grant received: 11 Sept 2014

Bank cheque prepared, sent and delivered by: 16 Sept 2014

Visa Grant: ........WAITING..... **hopefully soon**

We also received the timeline along with the Acknowledgment indicating when we should get what done, however, our agent told us to hold off on getting PCC, Medicals & AOS lodged per the timeline because the CO's are rarely allocated per the 16 month consensus. (which is true cause ours was only allocated in 18 months and 12 days so nearly 19 months). The risk you run of getting your PCC and Meds within 12 months of lodgment (which is what the timeline states) is that when your visa is granted, you have very little time to enter the country. If that's not an issue for someone then it doesn't matter if you follow the timeline strictly. Our CO has been really good so far and very prompt so I'm hoping we receive visa grant soon. I also was quite happy with Centrelink, the entire AOS lodgment from start to finish only took 4 weeks so not bad at all.

If only we were told by our agent to get my mum's PCC done too the wait would have been halved from the time the CO was allocated and the 2nd VAC request was received. The timeline says so specifically and we kept asking our agent but he said some CO's require the non-migratory spouse's documents whereas some don't so best to wait. Oh well, you live and learn!