176 SS non-csl cat5- no CO & waiting!!

Guest ScottishSteve

What Year/Qtr did you apply for your Visa? (Waiting, never had a CO before 20-1-10)  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What Year/Qtr did you apply for your Visa? (Waiting, never had a CO before 20-1-10)

• 2007 or before
    • 1st Qtr 2008
    • 2nd Qtr 2008
    • 3rd Qtr 2008
    • 4th Qtr 2008
    • 1st Qtr 2009
    • 2nd Qtr 2009
    • 3rd Qtr 2009
    • 4th Qtr 2009 (inc since 23-Sep)
    • 1st Qtr 2010

was just having a bad day and hoped they'd say 'oh well why not just do it for you now', haha.:wub:

Wouldnt it be so great if it worked like that.....:wink:

Just having a look at your timeline & noticed that you sent in p/checks & meds....Was that just off your own back?.....:unsure:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Angie and Tony
Wouldnt it be so great if it worked like that.....

Just having a look at your timeline & noticed that you sent in p/checks & meds....Was that just off your own back?.....:unsure:

It certainly would be great lol :laugh:

Yeh I'm afraid we did. Our agent had advised us to as this was 'the next procedure' etc, so called the doctors that day and booked the next appointments we could which were on the 16th September, then sent them on. They've recieved everything etc and it says 'health requirements finalised' on 1st and 7th October on the status pages, but I've read this wont mean anything. Guess that was a bad move :sad:

It certainly would be great lol :laugh:

Yeh I'm afraid we did. Our agent had advised us to as this was 'the next procedure' etc, so called the doctors that day and booked the next appointments we could which were on the 16th September, then sent them on. They've recieved everything etc and it says 'health requirements finalised' on 1st and 7th October on the status pages, but I've read this wont mean anything. Guess that was a bad move

Our meds are finalised too....Did them without being asked by a case officer.....

We just gotta hope & pray that once Cat 5's without case officers re-commmence, that we'll be top of that queue.....:notworthy:

will this back log ever ever come to an end, reason i ask this is so many many thousands of people are still lodging their visa,

this to me would have a massive impact on the diac work load and will never get to the bottom of the pile, surley they should close the gates on any further lodgements untill they have sorted the mess they are in at the mo, ???????

proview

Guest ScottishSteve

Don't know if anyone else has noticed but the press in Oz are reporting a skills shortage again so hopefully DIAC will have to get a move on

Guest ScottishSteve
Should i call them? the DIAC? I didn't know you could. I thought you get the responce " I could get more done if you people stop calling me!!!"

I sent an email through the VIC SS website. I have an agent but they don't give you the tracking info for some reason. I contacted VIC myself and told them I was having problems with my agent and they came back telling me they couldn't find the application:swoon:. I lost it with my agent so they got on the case and sorted it. If I didn't check then who knows were I would be now:huh:

Guest Angie and Tony
Our meds are finalised too....Did them without being asked by a case officer.....

We just gotta hope & pray that once Cat 5's without case officers re-commmence, that we'll be top of that queue.....:notworthy:

Exactly :wink: fingers crossed it wont be too long :wub:

Guest Angie and Tony
will this back log ever ever come to an end, reason i ask this is so many many thousands of people are still lodging their visa,

this to me would have a massive impact on the diac work load and will never get to the bottom of the pile, surley they should close the gates on any further lodgements untill they have sorted the mess they are in at the mo, ???????

proview

There was some kind of expo all about moving to Oz in Dublin last week and apparantly the place was jampacked, thousands of people turned up...lets hope they wait and get us lot done first :wubclub:

There was some kind of expo all about moving to Oz in Dublin last week and apparantly the place was jampacked, thousands of people turned up...lets hope they wait and get us lot done first

Tell them to all watch Wanted Down Under.....:laugh:

Cos they need to know 'its the other side of the world'.....'A really long way from friends & Family'.....etc, etc.....:wink:

Guest ScottishSteve
There was some kind of expo all about moving to Oz in Dublin last week and apparantly the place was jampacked, thousands of people turned up...lets hope they wait and get us lot done first :wubclub:

I wonder if they were as disappointed as me. I went to one in London and spent the whole day queuing up to speak to someone from the Oz government to be told ‘just keep doing what you are doing now’. A lot of help. Everything else was geared towards Mining and Healthcare :no:

Guest Angie and Tony
I wonder if they were as disappointed as me. I went to one in London and spent the whole day queuing up to speak to someone from the Oz government to be told ‘just keep doing what you are doing now’. A lot of help. Everything else was geared towards Mining and Healthcare QUOTE]

:unsure: Really? Wow that wasn't helpfull at all was it. Its in every paper how we're so 'needed' (even those of us not on CSL) over there and yet we get told we have to wait 3 years, arrrggghhhh :arghh:

Hopefully it's all just to keep us quiet though :biggrin:

Guest ScottishSteve
I wonder if they were as disappointed as me. I went to one in London and spent the whole day queuing up to speak to someone from the Oz government to be told ‘just keep doing what you are doing now’. A lot of help. Everything else was geared towards Mining and Healthcare

Really? Wow that wasn't helpfull at all was it. Its in every paper how we're so 'needed' (even those of us not on CSL) over there and yet we get told we have to wait 3 years, arrrggghhhh :arghh:

Hopefully it's all just to keep us quiet though

Bit of a waste of time but I liked hearing the accents!!:wink:

Guest ScottishSteve

New changes to GSM. I'm still CAT 5 though:wacko:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm#a

Looks like everyone is still in limbo until at least mid-2010 when the new SOL comes out, then we all get to change chairs again!!

Feel really bad for those that applied before sep 07 though. Thats a nightmare!!!:arghh:

Guest ScottishSteve

Think after 8th of Feb things may take a week or so to get going again but someone on a 885 has had a case officer assigned to them today for the first time. I guess something is still happening

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/73648-category-5-news-147.html

There seems to be a mixed opinion if 8th of Feb is good or bad for us. New applications will now have a harder time getting points so less will go into the higher CATs. Also, some agents are advising clients to wait till the new lists come out mid-2010 before applying. This is because there is a risk that they will not be on the new lists

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

This is my first post to pio as I read all the post in routine from the last two year Viewed all the post especially the wonder of five members (3500 visa to cat-5), I have applied for P.R in 2006 as a cook from india ( Tra passed aug 2006 and got acknowledge in jan 2007 from Dima. it was a last reply got from the Immigration office without making any harder effort from myself after then no reply from the concern office made several request, post lodgement but the answer usually got same thet your CO has not assign yet and your case is under consider.I make request every month by Post lodgement or by a ordinary mail or by a Telephonic Call , after that In oct 2008 my personnel verification done at my previous company that was I guess a Positive for me to realise that my case is still alive. In 2009 begining I make a complaint against my Case that why my case is being delayed why after a verification I am not getting any positive or negative reply, the answer I got that better to take a State sponsership From particular State it will give your case a priority as I was not expacting this reply from them ( I never use a agent for my case) I tried my best to take the sponsership and applied for WA , Atlast I got this ss after a 18 months ( as WA was taking 16 months but I got after 18 months) on 8th Oct 2009, I Change my case to 176 fill form 1100 and now it is access under subclass 137 but again the rules are changed 23/9. Day by day my case is getting older and at this stage I am thinking a fool of myself I dont have a CO yet its a confirm. Is there anybody who is also suffering from 2006 or would like to give some suggestion.

Deep 73

Hi Guys,

This is my first post to pio as I read all the post in routine from the last two year Viewed all the post especially the wonder of five members (3500 visa to cat-5), I have applied for P.R in 2006 as a cook from india ( Tra passed aug 2006 and got acknowledge in jan 2007 from Dima. it was a last reply got from the Immigration office without making any harder effort from myself after then no reply from the concern office made several request, post lodgement but the answer usually got same thet your CO has not assign yet and your case is under consider.I make request every month by Post lodgement or by a ordinary mail or by a Telephonic Call , after that In oct 2008 my personnel verification done at my previous company that was I guess a Positive for me to realise that my case is still alive. In 2009 begining I make a complaint against my Case that why my case is being delayed why after a verification I am not getting any positive or negative reply, the answer I got that better to take a State sponsership From particular State it will give your case a priority as I was not expacting this reply from them ( I never use a agent for my case) I tried my best to take the sponsership and applied for WA , Atlast I got this ss after a 18 months ( as WA was taking 16 months but I got after 18 months) on 8th Oct 2009, I Change my case to 176 fill form 1100 and now it is access under subclass 137 but again the rules are changed 23/9. Day by day my case is getting older and at this stage I am thinking a fool of myself I dont have a CO yet its a confirm. Is there anybody who is also suffering from 2006 or would like to give some suggestion.

Deep 73

Woooooh!... I'm surprised about your case Deep73... Your application is almost 42 months old and hence, no CO has been assigned... What the H**L.. Is this for real? Perhaps, GILL can say something about your case... Just wait for his post and other PIO members and we'll see their advices and views... :sad:

• 1 month later...

Hi Scottish Steve,

i thought i'd get this thread going again, as i think there are so many people in our position.

i'm wondering if anyone has had a CO assigned yet.

we lodged just before the changes in September last year, and have had no news. just wondering if the 2012 suggestions are coming to fruition?!!

cheers.

Guest MatandTam

Hi,

We lodged back in July 2009 and still haven't heard anything, we are still very hopeful that we will get to Oz before 2012 though.

:biggrin:

Mat

Hi VickyMel, i remember you from the victoria SS thread, we applied around the same time. nice to hear from you!

it would be interesting to know if any of those visa 'winners' front loaded their docs.

welcome to PIO MatandTam!

lets hope things start moving for us all.

Archived