176 SS non-csl cat5- no CO & waiting!!

Guest ScottishSteve

What Year/Qtr did you apply for your Visa? (Waiting, never had a CO before 20-1-10)  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What Year/Qtr did you apply for your Visa? (Waiting, never had a CO before 20-1-10)

• 2007 or before
    • 1st Qtr 2008
    • 2nd Qtr 2008
    • 3rd Qtr 2008
    • 4th Qtr 2008
    • 1st Qtr 2009
    • 2nd Qtr 2009
    • 3rd Qtr 2009
    • 4th Qtr 2009 (inc since 23-Sep)
    • 1st Qtr 2010

Guest KatyNick

Originally Posted by KatyNick viewpost.gif

Hi everyone

Just been talking to a parent in the school yard this afternoon. Her parents lodged a 176 early August and got a CO who requested them to undertake their medicals. They didn't get round to having their medicals before the 23/9 changes and were informed by DIAC to not take them.

They have recently received an email from DIAC saying that they have a CO again and have been requested to go ahead and get their medicals done.

So looks like CO's are not just looking at decision ready applicants, but are starting to work through others too!!!

Spotted this on another thread. I hope it's true about moving past 'decision ready'

Hi

I was going to post this also on this thread but my computer froze (didn't think that it has posted on the other thread).

I know it doesn't immediately help us all on this thread .... but at least they are starting to work through non decision ready ... so hopefully we are moving up the queue a bit quicker.

Sorry if I got anyones hopes up .... wasn't intentional.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone

Just been talking to a parent in the school yard this afternoon. Her parents lodged a 176 early August and got a CO who requested them to undertake their medicals. They didn't get round to having their medicals before the 23/9 changes and were informed by DIAC to not take them.

They have recently received an email from DIAC saying that they have a CO again and have been requested to go ahead and get their medicals done.

So looks like CO's are not just looking at decision ready applicants, but are starting to work through others too!!!

Hi

I was going to post this also on this thread but my computer froze (didn't think that it has posted on the other thread).

I know it doesn't immediately help us all on this thread .... but at least they are starting to work through non decision ready ... so hopefully we are moving up the queue a bit quicker.

Hey no worries katynick!

I take this as positive info, you are right we are moving up the queue!!! Wahey!

Us Poms like our queues!!!! I remember last 'summer' it was LASHING it down with rain one day and there was a MASSIVE queue at the ice cream van!!!.........nothing to do with the thread really but it made me smile!!! lol only in Britain eh?....get me to Oz!!

debsx

Guest andy crawley

hi, are 175 visa was lodged in nov 08 and changed to 176 july 09 state spon was granted on the 18 of jan

so has anyone but diacs know where we stand in getting visa granted, meds and police done, but no case officer request

thanks Andy

Hi everyone we too are in cat 5 great thread. As others have said we had a bottle of bubbly but drunk it New Years Eve fed up with waiting. Look forward to hearing good news for us all.

Donna & Co

If someone try to google for "fed up" I guess most links will go to Aus migration. :wink:

Guest VickyMel
pardon if this is a silly question.. so DIAC will process based on their new 176 application date.. and not their original 175 application?

I don't think we can tell at the moment - it is a bit haphazard. They were supposedly doing "decision ready" applicants and seem to be selecting from a range of original application dates old and new. At the moment it is hard to know.

Spotted this on another thread. I hope it's true about moving past 'decision ready'

Brill news...

And on Tashas thread we have had a couple of people who have done meds etc asked for a couple more things...

hi, are 175 visa was lodged in nov 08 and changed to 176 july 09 state spon was granted on the 18 of jan

so has anyone but diacs know where we stand in getting visa granted, meds and police done, but no case officer request

thanks Andy

Hope you get a CO soon. I don't think anyone can tell you where you stand but you could check yoursleves against other waiting applicants on Tasha's thread - the first page lists everyone and provides some details of their applications.

We are all different so there is a lot of guesswork and you can't be certain about anything as it is hard to work out why some people get before others but it will maybe give you a vague idea of what is going on.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/70633-176-ss-non-csl-where-you-now.html

Hi everyone

Hi

Can you get her time line please?

Guest KatyNick
Can you get her time line please?

I'm quoting this timeline from memories of conversations in the school yard ... so I'm not certain of actual dates.

I remember that they applied for SS after us (we applied April) and received it after only 5 weeks .... the main visa applicant was 45 in August 09 so that is why I think they rushed this through. They lodged their 176 end of July/early August. I remember talking to the daughter mid August and they had been requested to do their medicals but weren't rushing as they had been given 70 days. Then after the 23/9 I was told that they had contacted their CO to see 'where they stood' and was told not to undertake their medicals as their visa was no longer priority processing.

Then on Thursday, she told me that they had received an email from DIAC and that they had organised their medicals.

It does look promising that they appear to be looking at applicants who weren't decision ready ..... but as we all know, what they are actually doing is anyone's guess!! If I hear anything else, I will definately post it on here!

Guest Karen and Colin

Hi All,

Just added our vote to the poll. It'd be nice to think the queue is starting to move (hope it's not a Disney queue though) and there may be some movement for us non CSL cat 5 applicatnts.

Keeping evrything crossed.

Guest andymags

Hi EVERYONE, in the same boat on this thread. tra lodged april 09, successful may 09, ss lodged may09 granted august 21st 09, lodged 176 visa app 2nd sept 09, no co yet, pc and meds not requested, so still hoping and waiting

hi all,

i am in the same boat.file no:on26/8/2008 .no information tii date. agent informed about nonreception of form-1100 by the DIAC.when contacted state informed failiure in sending visa application detals to the state. a close watch disclosed spelling mistake in the details sent by the agent to the state.Can anybody tell me -was the spelling mistake in the name -the reason for not sending form-1100 to the DIAC

ARATHY:sad:

HI ALL,

I have been thinking about my fate.my file approved inthe month by DIAC.had no information till yet.

agent said it is my fault.have a doubt.dear guys ,spelling mistake in the details sent to state will result in delay in sending form-1100

arthy

dear all,

this is a great thread that we can watch for any sign of development. I just hope that within this program year we can already see movements from cat 5 applicants. I lodged my online application last 16 Oct under ss 475 visa, non csl. good luck to every one.

Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering if I am included in this thread. I got a CO before the 9/23 blast but she haven't requested me medicals yet. I don't know why. My docs status was turned "met" last 9/22. I have no idea why it took so long for the CO to update my documents when she was assigned to me early May 2009. Is there any possibility that she will be re-assigned to me soon since I got her pre 9/23?

Thanks and regards,

Aslan

Guest ScottishSteve

Interesting to see that only 30% of people applied for their visa after the 23rd-Sept-09 and still haven't had any contact from a CO.

On a positive note, I've been tracking a lot of sites about the fact that Oz has done much better through the recession than expected. Predictions are that the economy could grow between 5% & 6% in the next few years. This coupled with the fact that they will have a lot of people hitting retirement age, peaking around 2012, they are looking at a large number of skill shortages. Some of the territories have major concerns and are asking to increase the levels of immigration to supply demand and help continue the growth in the Oz economy

Lets hope this kicks DIAC up the behind and we start to see significant moves

Hey all just wanted to bring this thread back to life as it looks as if we have movement there is a post on the front page that indicated someone has got a CO who hasn't had one before so we could have lift off!!! It had to happen sooner or later

Hey all just wanted to bring this thread back to life as it looks as if we have movement there is a post on the front page that indicated someone has got a CO who hasn't had one before so we could have lift off!!! It had to happen sooner or later

looks like they already had their Meds requested, so don't fall into our category.

Archived