176 SS non-csl cat5- no CO & waiting!!

Guest ScottishSteve

What Year/Qtr did you apply for your Visa? (Waiting, never had a CO before 20-1-10)  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What Year/Qtr did you apply for your Visa? (Waiting, never had a CO before 20-1-10)

• 2007 or before
    • 1st Qtr 2008
    • 2nd Qtr 2008
    • 3rd Qtr 2008
    • 4th Qtr 2008
    • 1st Qtr 2009
    • 2nd Qtr 2009
    • 3rd Qtr 2009
    • 4th Qtr 2009 (inc since 23-Sep)
    • 1st Qtr 2010

Hi Gill and all friends,

I have got my MARA to inquire about my case at DIAC. I have not idea what question he hade written to DIAC but I got the copy of reply from MARA.

Hear it is: -

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the further processing of Mr Patel's

application. Mr Patel's application does not have a case officer assigned

to it at present.

Processing will focus on applications where health and character checks have been requested by the case officer, and initially, where the case officer has determined the case to be ready for finalisation. This determination can only be made once a case officer has fully considered the application. I regret to advise that Mr Patel's case is not currently at this stage of processing. You will be contacted in coming months if further

processing is to take place on his application in this program year.

But true is CO had appointed on 24 feb-2009 (that time my file was in 175) and asked for PCC then CO de-assigned (withdrawn) on 25th Jun.-2009 due to changes. I provided evidence about I had CO previously and wrote to DIAC.

Second reply received from DIAC

Thank you for your follow up email. While Mr Patel's application does not currently have a case officer assigned to it, the processes that were initiated by his original case officer are still continuing because of this his application is not able to be finalised and so will not be assigned to a new case officer.

All applications are monitored and if his application is able to be processed further, you will be contacted.

Please Gill, I would like to know

What is that mean? If I have not CO then will it reassign? What is my fault? Why my case not been finalised in this program year? Will I be counted in 3500 SS cases?

Please get me out from this puzzle.

More details of case: -

Lodged on:00/02/2008 (in Subclass 175)

SS granted (Vic.) on: 03/09/2009 (Converted in 176, Form 1100 sent on 7th Sep-2009)

IELTS done / band score: 26/11/2007 / 5.5

CO allocated on: 24/02/2009 and Withdrawn 25/06/2009 (Why we can’t stick with this point? Is there my fault to make CO walk out from my case? Requested PCC will expire in this march)

1st medical sent 13 Mar-2008. (Front-loaded)

PCC sent 16/03/2009. (CO had asked for)

2nd medical sent 05/10/2009. (Due to first med.’s expiry)

Thanking You,

Raj Patel

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But maybe there's a reason for that, we might not know but someday we'll know the answers......Goodluck to US all.....

I can find you the reason which is might close to the ground - Aus government needs to save their asses because of migration blow by on-shore students. They cover their bottoms with our lives.

Guest ScottishSteve

Thanks for everyone who has joined this thread. Try to keep it to just people without and have never had a CO though. I think the people who have previously had a CO and were asked for meds etc are in a much better position, this is more intended for us that don't see much daylight at the end so far and a glimmer of hope when the first person gets a CO. Soz:cute:

finally snapped this weekend and booked us a holiday in Turkey for June, so at least we will get to spend some time sunning ourselves on a beach this year :biglaugh:

I know what you mean. I considering going to Dubai for a year until my visa is ready. Just want to get out of the UK at the mo. This will also get me half way there!! Maybe I'm just teasing myself lol!!:notworthy:

Guest Danny2Oz

Hi everyone, pls. count me in...I am also intrigue and eager to know who among us will be given the first CO allocation. I hope those who had CO before Sep.23 will be all processed, so that they can move on to us.

Guest ScottishSteve
Hi Steve,

Don't know if I am the oldest in line, I initially applied for visa 175 on JUNE 27, 2008. Converted to visa 176 when WA approved it last August 14, 2009. So obviously, if not for the Sept 23 changes, I got one CO supposedly but unfortunately I did not.......So frustrating

Thanks Geshdan,

I've added a poll to see how far back the no CO people go. May be of interest to some:huh:

Guest JohnandLisa

We put our visa in on 10th sept/09 and still have no CO.

The agent hasn't come back to us on this either.

Thank you for posting this. We have been wondering how others are getting on with COs because until we get one, we can't really go foreward.

Guest VickyMel
Thanks Geshdan,

I've added a poll to see how far back the no CO people go. May be of interest to some:huh:

Just clicked my box on the poll - thanks for adding the poll I think it will be interesting.

Thanks Geshdan,

Thanks Steve - just added myself to the pole. Great idea!

we thought things were going along swimmingly, our application went in on around the 10th of Sept after getting SS in Victoria.

cheers Steve, good luck!

Paul

Guest ScottishSteve
Thanks Steve - just added myself to the pole. Great idea!

we thought things were going along swimmingly, our application went in on around the 10th of Sept after getting SS in Victoria.

cheers Steve, good luck!

Paul

I know. Think most of us though we would have our bags packed by now. I wanted to be in Melbourne for the 1st Formula 1 race of the season. Doesn't look like it:arghh:

Guest JustFaffing

Hi all,

I thought I'd add myself to the poll aswell. I'm a post 23.09.09 person with my 176 (non csl) going in on 01.10.09. I think it would be too much to ask to get a CO quite this soon but it'll be v interesting to follow the general progress.

I can definately identify with the feelng of putting your life on hold. We started the application process at the start of 2009 and WA SS took 5 months to come through. We started our research about 6 months prior to this. 18 months of planning now results in the long visa wait.

I decided to go on holiday with my mum and sister so that we can spend some time together before we move. I think this is the best way of handling the waiting time. I'm going to spend loads of quality time with my friends and family before the big move so if I don't see them for 18 months hopefully they won't mind so much!

Good luck to all of you who have been waiting far longer than me.

Guest rooperman

Hi there,

Good idea for a new thread. I have entered the poll.

176 visa application on-line on 27-11-09. Skills assessment and NSW sponsorship only took two months to complete before lodging visa application.

Hopefully many of the cat5s will be processed before June.

Thinking positive!!!

Thanks,

Ben

Guest ScottishSteve

Will get a timeline established at some point. The poll is already making some interesting reading. Over 70% had applied prior to 23-9 and almost 20% before 2009!!

Guest VickyMel

I looked through the remaining o/s applicants on Tasha's thread the other day and of the 2008 applicants about 1/3 of the people waiting had not attached their SS prior to the 23rd so had only converted to the Cat 5 after that date.

It was about 1in5 of the 2009 applicants.

It will be interesting to see when these people start hearing from COs as well.

Guest recherche
I looked through the remaining o/s applicants on Tasha's thread the other day and of the 2008 applicants about 1/3 of the people waiting had not attached their SS prior to the 23rd so had only converted to the Cat 5 after that date.

It was about 1in5 of the 2009 applicants.

It will be interesting to see when these people start hearing from COs as well.

pardon if this is a silly question.. so DIAC will process based on their new 176 application date.. and not their original 175 application?

pardon if this is a silly question.. so DIAC will process based on their new 176 application date.. and not their original 175 application?

Hi

I was at cat 6 175 lodged Nov 08 then i got SS 176 Dec 09 Cat 5

I personally think i would get processed according to getting SS Cat 5 and not the 175

Tania

Guest ScottishSteve
Hi everyone

Just been talking to a parent in the school yard this afternoon. Her parents lodged a 176 early August and got a CO who requested them to undertake their medicals. They didn't get round to having their medicals before the 23/9 changes and were informed by DIAC to not take them.

They have recently received an email from DIAC saying that they have a CO again and have been requested to go ahead and get their medicals done.

So looks like CO's are not just looking at decision ready applicants, but are starting to work through others too!!!

Spotted this on another thread. I hope it's true about moving past 'decision ready'

Will get a timeline established at some point. The poll is already making some interesting reading. Over 70% had applied prior to 23-9 and almost 20% before 2009!!

Yes, I agree, the poll is interesting.....:GEEK:

Wishing you the best of luck with the timeline....

If you need any guidance, just check my 2 threads with timelines or Taz2008 2....Or VickyMel's....:wink:

Archived