176 SS non-csl cat5- no CO & waiting!!

Guest ScottishSteve

What Year/Qtr did you apply for your Visa? (Waiting, never had a CO before 20-1-10)  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What Year/Qtr did you apply for your Visa? (Waiting, never had a CO before 20-1-10)

• 2007 or before
    • 1st Qtr 2008
    • 2nd Qtr 2008
    • 3rd Qtr 2008
    • 4th Qtr 2008
    • 1st Qtr 2009
    • 2nd Qtr 2009
    • 3rd Qtr 2009
    • 4th Qtr 2009 (inc since 23-Sep)
    • 1st Qtr 2010

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ScottishSteve

Welcome to the group. :hug:

At least we're not CAT 6 or 7. Feel really bad for those guys but who knows with the FSL :confused:

Guest Dionne and Rickie

Hi everyone, we are also cat 5 visa and never had a case officer, and sometimes i dont think we ever will...

Started this prosess 2 years ago!!!!!!

Hi everyone, we are also cat 5 visa and never had a case officer, and sometimes i dont think we ever will...

Started this prosess 2 years ago!!!!!!

Don't give up!

It always comes as a surprise! :wink:

I wish not to give up myself...:swoon:

Guest ScottishSteve

nahla,

I noticed that you are in the 'applied 2007 or before' category. What is your story to this point? Can you let us know of any complications you had? :wideeyed:Thanks

Guest ScottishSteve

Thanks for all your support to this thread guys. Can I remind everyone to keep updating the poll. Looks like >70% is before the 23-9-09 so a bit of a wait for me then:nah:

Remember, the first to get a CO will get a big cheer from us!!:notworthy:

Guest geshdan
Thanks for all your support to this thread guys. Can I remind everyone to keep updating the poll. Looks like >70% is before the 23-9-09 so a bit of a wait for me then:nah:

Remember, the first to get a CO will get a big cheer from us!!:notworthy:

I wonder WHO and WHEN will that be Steve....Thanks for starting the thread.

I applied for SS at the same time as 175 and I thought SS was moving at a faster pace, like 30 days. December 5th was lodge date. I guess with the week off last week and Christmas and their slow pace,.... If anyone can tell me if they find the DIAC wait to be long? 59 days and counting before I can even flip my 175 over....

Guest ScottishSteve

I waited 15 weeks for my SS (VIC) then found that they had lost it!!:chatterbox: After getting on there case I got them to push it through in a week cos it was there error. This was just before 23-Sep. If it went through in the 10-12 weeks indicated, I would be in a better position now:wacko:

Guest Angie and Tony
Should i call them? the DIAC? I didn't know you could. I thought you get the responce " I could get more done if you people stop calling me!!!"

Just make sure you have the tv on and phone on loud speak lol,:cute: we waited 40 mins to be connected:swoon:

Guest Angie and Tony

It was a few weeks ago, was really just calling up for an update but they just told us the usual 'wont be before 2012 answer', I should have known lol, was just having a bad day and hoped they'd say 'oh well why not just do it for you now', haha.:wub:

I've been her 20 years, originally from Newcastle. I love it here but it's not really the way it used to be, it's like everywhere with the job losses and the price of a weekly shop is unbelievable. I read the other day it's one of the most expensive places to live in Europe, I'd well believe it.

We've got family in Perth, and have been there 6 times, so we know what we're getting into. A much better way of life though, especially for our two kids (I say kids but they're 16 and 21), and our daughter the 21 year old has been going out with an aussie lad for the past 3 and a half years, he lives next to my sis in law, he came here for 9 months last year and couldn't believe how expensive it was to just live here. Dont get me wrong, I'll really really miss it, but it's just time to go now. There wont be anything for our kids if we dont, plenty more opportunitues there for them there :cool:

I am up in Northern Alberta Oil Fields. Economy is awesome here. People are all flocking from all over the world to get their piece of the Fort McMurray "Oil Sand Pie". This little city has grown to 100,000 people from 30,000 people just 6 short years ago. (so the schools now have 980 kids in a school meant for 300)

My husband is a Boilermaker and used to travel. this was bad for our small children so we came to the job 5 years ago. Even then the only other place Russ could work without traveling is Western Australia but it was too unstable 5 years ago.

Russ loves it here because we have never been able to be so financialy well off. but I cannot take the Artic winters. with -56 weeks you cannot go out and they last for 8 months. I feel as i am in jail most of the time and i need out! We have 3 kids 2 really want to go 8 and 10. my 16 year old is "not going!" he said.

The only it is -23 today and has been for a week. The only thing keeping me going is that we will not spend another winter here. which i cant even get a good feeling of that. I think they just say 2012 to get us off their backs because I am reading other people and it is looking more like 6 months. Anyway this is what i have to believe:)

Guest Angie and Tony

Wow:chatterbox:...and I thought our -12 was as cold as it got lol. Yeh that's another plus about Oz is the lovely 'cold' winters, they're as warm as the Irish summers hehe. :smile:

Yeh I've been told before that '2012' is their standard answer, guess we just have to keep wishing and hoping they work through them all as quick as possible. It's so frustrating when you know they just have to look at your file and see everythings there...but told it's take 3 years:arghh:

Guest Angie and Tony

Friends of ours are actually looking into moving over to Canada...I hope she knows just how cold it would be as she gives out about the 'cold' here lol

She just needs to check the weather first and account for windchill. Most of Canada's economy is just as sad as everywhere else,so i hope she did her homework. Not that she didn't i just can't think of anywhere in Canada that is on the rise as of now. of course except for OIL industry which is booming!Id say half of the population here of families move away because of the cold. I don't know how people live in Yellowknife?!!!

Archived