going to be a ping pong pom?

Waitingawhile

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyone moved back and kinda knew they would be moving back to OZ before they got on the plane?:swoon:

You going back to oz i take it? i know theres plenty come back to the uk and gone back to oz because of the posts on here! so if you are,your not alone:wink:

Yep. That'll be us.

We only spent a year in Sydney. My job wasn't all it was supposed to be due to the recession, this made homesickness worse.

We got back to UK in August. The parties and greetings only last a short while, then it's goes BOOM, you're back to normal, like you never even left.

Suffice to say, I'm in negotiations for a new job, hopefully hitting the shores January.

Oz was a great experience, but may have spoilt us. I think if we're in Oz we'll miss family and friends. And if we're in UK, we'll miss the lifestyle.

We're going to try again, but this time budget for a yearly trip home.

We actually did like it in the end but the waves of home sickness were made worse by my kids remaining in the UK

The best part or worse is we returned despite having struggled to get there and just as we obtained commitment from my employer for a ENS.

We returned thinking we could easily get regional sponsorship and would sort everything out see my kids through Uni and go back together just before DIAC went crazy.

We actually did like it in the end but the waves of home sickness were made worse by my kids remaining in the UK

The best part or worse is we returned despite having struggled to get there and just as we obtained commitment from my employer for a ENS.

We returned thinking we could easily get regional sponsorship and would sort everything out see my kids through Uni and go back together just before DIAC went crazy.

Ki

2 wekks bacxk there was enough SY , opened up the people sickness and i`m really sick of the people (some of them) so nbot goin back not thro choice eveb hols

Mally

Mally you're still on here then! two weeks was enough for us too we felt so hemmed in -the shops are good Hobgoblins on at the local lol but too many people, houses close together and the economic downturn and depressed lifestyles need I say more!!!!!!

We needed to come back to the UK and really thought we were making the right decision believing we could put it behind us as a learning experience and adventure but in the last few days we knew we would have to do what it would take to get back!

Coming back into the Uk and seeing the patchwork fields was lovely but when we landed off the 24hour flight we were standing waiting to be processed and one old Ozzie had clearly accidentally joined the queue at the wrong point and was told so in no uncertain terms by UK passengers so he had to go all the way to the back which seemed miles as two flights had joined us - I was so ashamed at this point of the inhospitality to a visitor to our country and it really became obvious from this point to me just what a critical judgemental nation we are-you don't do this you should do that blah blah blah

There are lots of good points about the UK but we now know where we really do want to be so wish us luck coz it is going to be a long journey back by all accounts

anyone moved back and kinda knew they would be moving back to OZ before they got on the plane?:swoon:

Moved to OZ 2005, back to U.K. 2007 lasted 5months back to OZ 2008, still not settled, (long story) Miss Family and Friend's sooooo much, and despite all that is happening just now in the U.K. think it is a good country! and appreciate it more the longer I am away, going back again.....Hope So. Suppose you could call me a serial ping-ponger:confused:

Guest June Pixie

Coming back into the Uk and seeing the patchwork fields was lovely but when we landed off the 24hour flight we were standing waiting to be processed and one old Ozzie had clearly accidentally joined the queue at the wrong point and was told so in no uncertain terms by UK passengers so he had to go all the way to the back which seemed miles as two flights had joined us - I was so ashamed at this point of the inhospitality to a visitor to our country and it really became obvious from this point to me just what a critical judgemental nation we are-you don't do this you should do that blah blah blah

Us Brits do love our queues - That Aussie will realise that the longer he stays in this country. ;o)

You are right Rodfan it is a good and beautiful country - we do not count our good points enough - however my asthma has been bad since we came back and miss the sun and my friends over in oz- so gonna try and keep a foot in both countrys!!!

what went wrong when you moved back if you dont mind me asking?

Guest Joanna1

Yep, knew it when we made the decision to come back, and when i handed my notice in at work, again when we packed up the house, and when i sat my ass on the plane (i actually cried) and now every minute of every day since being back! I can't wait to go back......just waiting for OH to decide if he's coming with me!

Worst mistake ever coming back but at least I know that for certain now!

Guest guest32067
Yep, knew it when we made the decision to come back, and when i handed my notice in at work, again when we packed up the house, and when i sat my ass on the plane (i actually cried) and now every minute of every day since being back! I can't wait to go back......just waiting for OH to decide if he's coming with me!

Worst mistake ever coming back but at least I know that for certain now!

We are going back next year hopefully if house sells. Like you we now know worst mistake coming back and know for certain Oz is where we want to be.

T24CEC

Guest Joanna1

Hi Rocki

We have PR visas with an expiry of feb 2013. At the moment I can contemplate that OH will not want to return with me. He is 50/50 but mainly because he couldnt get work after being made redundant when we were out the before. Ive told him we owe it to ourselves & future family to give it a second chance so keeping everything xxxx!

Whats making it worse at the moment is our wedding was all booked up for 19 dec in Oz family & friends all planning on coming & now thats all scrapped at the mo!All i can think about it showing all our family the great place we lived etc etc! God im going on now & its even boring me lol

This must be such a tough time it is amazing how this moving countries thing becomes a make or break when it comes to relationships - I really hope he changes his mind and gives it another go Joanna1. We are going to keep our options open as I say and work hard to keep focussed on the experience as I think saying this is going to be forever is too overwhelming when you are missing folk and feeling homesick and isolated in the early stages of moving over.

Plenty of second and third generation Ozzies travel back on regular trips to the mother land wherever that may be.

You going back to oz i take it? i know theres plenty come back to the uk and gone back to oz because of the posts on here! so if you are,your not alone:wink:

Hey Pablo , i have been doing a bit of work in Liverpool ( Allerton , orrell pk ).....and do you know what shook me ......how clean and well ordered the place is.

It gets a real bad press ,mostly from those who have never been.

It might be a lot of things ,but the place has got " soul",and a bit of civic pride.....there again i didnt get to Kensington or Toxteth LOL

I call it as i see it , and as a proud brummie , my city ,and those like Coventry, wolverhampton, west bromwich are predominantly disappointing( thats putting it mildly)

PS Thanks for the draw the other night :biglaugh:

Got to agree with Bunbury61, i was back in Liverpool for the month of Aug this year and Liverpool is looking the best i have ever seen it. Totally improved and yes clean! last time i went 7 years ago it was a differant story, so well done to Liverpool what a improvement.

Guest Guest31881
Bunbury were from sedgley nr dudley/wolverhampton, where about im brum u from?

Hmmm, I come from woodsetton, Dudley small world :biggrin:

I met a lady today out walking and stopped for a chat. As soon as I heard her accent I said 'Are you English?' So, I asked her the usual questions - 'Where are you from? (Kent) How long have you been here? (Nine years) 'Have you been back?' (Every three years or so.) 'Do you like it here?' (LOVE IT.)

I asked the same questions to a young girl from near Manchester at the bus stop last week and I always think about my own situation - eighteen years in Sydney, twelve back in Southampton, back in Sydney all this year.

I like England but since my parents passed away I've no close family there so no real reason to go back. With my house rented out I've also no 'real' home to return to.

I went over to see my brother on Sunday arvo which was nice. His dogs were more pleased to see me than his kids. Perhaps I should change my will!

Anyway, i dithered all year but I think I made the right decision to stay.

Archived