Omg - a viewer

debbie2302

We have had the house on the market now for 8 months, one viewer right at the beginning who loved it and wanted it, it was a company move and all seemed to be going to plan and then the company pulled the plug, their reason The Recession, lol.

Well had a couple of EAs out last week to give us a price to sell quick and they both said drop it £40k, now way, so me and hubby resigned ourselves to the fact that after xmas we will rent out, change mortgage to interest only, enabling us rent out.

Well out of the blue today got a call, WE HAVE GOT A VIEWER, OMG, cant believe it for this Saturday, they have their house on the market, now sure where up to, was so flabergasted that I forgot to ask the EA. Well will see when they come out on Saturday what the situation is with their property. Just so happy to have a viewing, not counting any chickens though, cos would rather rent it than give it away.

Will let you know how we get on, wish us luck.

Debbie

xxx

Oh, good one Debbie.

Are you going the whole hog wıth bread in the oven, fresh coffee, flowers, table set, Feng Shui etc etc???? lol.

Seriously I hope you get a sale at the rıght price.

Good luck.

Sue x

No Sue, will buy some flowers, thats about it, they can take us as they find us, lol.

Debbie

xxx

Good luck with the viewing, I've heard that the best smell is vanilla, and recommend that you heat a vanilla pod in the oven before they come!!:biglaugh:

We never tried this, we just opened the windows to let in the fresh air and then closed them about 15 mins before the viewing. Got Richard to do the hoovering, he's far better at it than me...:shocked:

Hid all of the clutter in the cupboards/drawers so it looked very minimalist and polished the granite and stainless steel in the kitchen!!!!

It worked for us, hope everything goes well for you and don't forget, you only need 1 through the door.

Steph

xxxx

hi

Good luck with it.

We put our house on the market last week. We had an open house on saturday and only one couple turned up. Very disappointing. However got a call today and they want to come back for a second viewing! Well they came back. Said they have looked at 4 so far but ours is the best they have looked at. They only have 1 more to look at. They told us they were cash buyers and needed to be by xmas. They were particuarly interested in the fact that we were not in a chain. We will be going into rented ubntil we go.

Anyway its looking goo dbut I dont want to get my hopes up yet!

JOHN

Thanks Steph and Paula, have just been given some Jo Malone candles last week for a present, think I might just light one of them for an hour or so in the morning so will have a nice aroma around the house.

John - thats fantastic news, fingers crossed they buy, at least if you are in rented you can go as soon as the visa comes, we have the visa but the house is holding us up now. We will rent out if not sold by Feb 10.

Debbie

good luck with the viewing fingers crossed xxxxx we had offer on ours today 10K under asking price they must be having a laugh !!!!!!!!!

Thanks Paul, we dropped our price by £10k about 5 weeks ago, so dont want to drop much more, need as much as we can to fund the trip to oz.

I take it you are not accepting your offer then.

Debbie

xxx

Thanks Paul, we dropped our price by £10k about 5 weeks ago, so dont want to drop much more, need as much as we can to fund the trip to oz.

I take it you are not accepting your offer then.

Debbie

xxx

HOUSE HAS BEEN ON MARKET 2 MONTHS WE HAD 15 VIEWINGS SO WE ARE GETTING THE VIEWERS IN BUT 10K IS JUST TO MUCH WISH WE COULD ACCEPT JUST HOPEFULLY WE ARE NOT SHOOTING OURSELVES IN THE FOOT ESPECIALLY AFTER WAITING 2 YEARS FOR VISA TO BE GRANTED !!

carole and family xxx

Good luck Debbie for Saturday fingers crossed........just tell them that a famous person used to live there but you can't tell them who it is until you complete on the house as it's confidential!!!

Carole..............outragous to offer 10k under the asking price...i think once buyers know you are off to Oz they think you are desparate to sell and will take anything!!......well we are desperate but there has to be some limit!!! I hope they come back with a better offer for you.....

Louise

Archived