Why do they do this, eeergh!!!

Dawny

Well all was going well, accepted offer on the house yesterday, been getting more quotes etc for the dogs today ready for January time, then the bomb shell.......

E/A Rang and said they want to be in before Christmas :arghh:, Its just not possible so unorganized its untrue.... Kids want one last Christmas in their home, no shippers sorted... completely thrown me... What to do surely holding on for a few more weeks wont make them pull out.. Will it????? Oh what to do.. Help need to let E/A know what we have decided :arghh:

Well all was going well, accepted offer on the house yesterday, been getting more quotes etc for the dogs today ready for January time, then the bomb shell.......

E/A Rang and said they want to be in before Christmas :arghh:, Its just not possible so unorganized its untrue.... Kids want one last Christmas in their home, no shippers sorted... completely thrown me... What to do surely holding on for a few more weeks wont make them pull out.. Will it????? Oh what to do.. Help need to let E/A know what we have decided :arghh:

Sell and move in with family/hotel whatever for xmas, god knows when you might sell if you dont do it now?we've took ours off till things pick up,because its so difficult to sell, the end result is whats important dawn....australia! a little bit of upheaval in the short term will be worth it in the long run,no?

Take a deep breath - if you have to go there is still time to sort shipping etc. Remember the shippers will pack everything (better this way for insurance etc) you just need a good sort out. Fingers crossed the house sale goes through though. Main problem will be flights as get booked up quickly for Christmas and are more expensive.

Will always be worth asking if employer can wait a few weeks.

Sell and move in with family/hotel whatever for xmas, god knows when you might sell if you dont do it now?we've took ours off till things pick up,because its so difficult to sell, the end result is whats important dawn....australia! a little bit of upheaval in the short term will be worth it in the long run,no?

So very true Pablo, You just don't know what the housing market will do, and yes it will be well worth it in the end, Just been looking on google and may well be able to get holiday lett thats pet friendly over Christmas, so may now have to make a few phone calls, :unsure:

Guest siamsusie

E/A Rang and said they want to be in before Christmas :arghh:, Its just not possible so unorganized its untrue.... Kids want one last Christmas in their home, no shippers sorted... completely thrown me... What to do surely holding on for a few more weeks wont make them pull out.. Will it????? Oh what to do.. Help need to let E/A know what we have decided

Have a stiff drink this evening, light some nice candles and laugh together. Go with the flow, your destiny is predicted for you Dawny:hug:

No Brainer duck , snatch their hands off ,l shippers wont take alot of sortin let em get on with it , hurry up with the dogs the quaro stations can get busy , it aint going to be their home much longer , so hard but they will going to their new home , and xmas in sunnies thongs and a santa hat , ( gets a tad warm under the old red titfer)

Guest guest17301

OMG I am so excited for you Dawny!!! What they all said, get packing girl, it can and will be done...you're coming to AUSTRALIA!!!! Holiday let or rellies is the way to go...fly out after mid Jan (prices drop and lovely new start to new year. Good luck!!

Guest guest17301
Have a stiff drink this evening, light some nice candles and laugh together. Go with the flow, your destiny is predicted for you Dawny:hug:

I love that reply, made my hairs stand on end...so true..fate/destiny call it what you like!

So very true Pablo, You just don't know what the housing market will do, and yes it will be well worth it in the end, Just been looking on google and may well be able to get holiday lett thats pet friendly over Christmas, so may now have to make a few phone calls, :unsure:

Honestly dawn,dont take this the wrong way but!..... try to be happy youve sold:hug:,look at it that way,probably your last tangible/materialistic tie to the uk gone(besides family of course),then you REALY know your on your way!!just a case of struggling for a little bit,but you know your counting down the days then!!glad to see you might have found some places to stay anyway,good luck

Guest siamsusie

Just the one drink as in glass, or can i have the whole bottle!!
Have two bottles Dawny damn the consequences and your liver on this occasion. I work better under stress / all the dillydallying gets me into more strife. Make lists and get cracking girl, looking forward to hearing your arrival reports.:hug::wubclub:

Dawn our buyers wanted to be in before Christmas but it took until January 28th!! You do with what feels best and if the buyers have paid for surveyers etc they are not going to pull out. Do what you feel is right!:wubclub:

I agree. I think they are trying it on and if they've sold up and have paid fees for your place, they have a lot to lose too. Personally I would call their bluff. If they really push it then give in as you don't want to lose a sale, but I wouldn't agree straight off.

Dawn our buyers wanted to be in before Christmas but it took until January 28th!! You do with what feels best and if the buyers have paid for surveyers etc they are not going to pull out. Do what you feel is right!:wubclub:

Hi Cath, they havn't paid for surveys yet, they only instructed their solicitor this morning so still early days, Just don't want to run the risk of them pulling out, Just got in touch with 3 shipping companies and just filling out the dog paperwork out, so im working through it, thanks for your help though its very much appreciated xx

Have two bottles Dawny damn the consequences and your liver on this occasion. I work better under stress / all the dillydallying gets me into more strife. Make lists and get cracking girl, looking forward to hearing your arrival reports.:hug::wubclub:

So two bottles and is a take away pushing it too far lol xx

Guest siamsusie

So two bottles and is a take away pushing it too far lol xx
noooooooooo and push the old man for a de stressing massage Dawny...... and maybe:wink: excellent for obliviating le stress:hug:

Guest juliemtaylor

Get a holiday rental Dawny but I expect the sale will wait for the Solicitors and you will complete after Christmas in the end? Don't lose this one.

Julie x

E/A Rang and said they want to be in before Christmas , Its just not possible so unorganized its untrue.... Kids want one last Christmas in their home, no shippers sorted... completely thrown me... What to do surely holding on for a few more weeks wont make them pull out.. Will it????? Oh what to do.. Help need to let E/A know what we have decided

Just my thoughts here, but I would get your house sold....ASAP, if its the right price, then go for it...

Mayby you could think about renting a furnished place here in the Uk, so that the 'January' departure is still on (Might be cheaper to fly after Xmas time too) Im sure there are plenty of rentals out there for you & your Family to have your last Xmas in the Uk (if you all want that & it wont be for long)....:cute:

Remind your kids that it isnt where you are at Xmas, its who your with.....:hug: Good luck with your decision

PMSL :laugh: It could only happen to you hun...

Well we were only just discussing what you was going to do about Christmas Eve... I think you have your answer/excuses now!!! [hehe]

With regards to where to live... I am sure the MIL would LOVE to have you :biglaugh:

PMSL :laugh: It could only happen to you hun...

Well we were only just discussing what you was going to do about Christmas Eve... I think you have your answer/excuses now!!! [hehe]

With regards to where to live... I am sure the MIL would LOVE to have you :biglaugh:

I do hope Tash that you are not laughing!

You are arn't you! Its so not funny, me living with the MIL, Its one big no no, i would be done for murder!!!! I sometimes wonder why im talking to you? PMSL X

Hi Dawn

Go for it and get yourself to where you want to be! I would give anything to not have to go through one last emotional Xmas but not looking likely so far. As for the children not sure how old they are but the prospect of going somewhere with a swimming pool even if only for a few days may swing it. Our children were 8 and 9 when we went to Oz for Xmas and they LOVED it. You are just probably going through the realisation that all those dreams are finally coming true, living with my MIL would also not be an option so fully understand that one!!

Deep breath, two/three bottles of wine followed by really sore head then get back on with organising your new life, then get excited ( it is allowed even if it must be done in private for fear of upsetting anyone) you are about to embark on a cracking adventure which will hopefully make you look back on these posts and think 'What was I worried about?'.

Must go now as feeling pretty envious!!

Kind Regards

Karen x

I know I would be too scared of losing the sale by not trying yo keep to their timetable.

I think most buyers would hope to be in their new home by Christmas, but it doesn't always happen.

But I do think you could be out and on your way by then. We have just accepted an offer on our house today and we are flying out on Dec 30th. We are slightly ahead of you as we have been aiming for that departure date for months now so have had all the removals people out for estimates etc. But we do still have to appoint a removers and provide dates for them. Plus get rid of all our furniture etc. Very scary, but I am sure it can be done.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Dawny

What a wonderful situation to be in!!! You have sold!!! I would be very worried about saying no to them just in case they change their mind, if it was a sellers market then I would say tell them you are staying for Christmas, but to be honest I think you should go. Although getting to Oz for Christmas would be difficult, most places are booked and the flights are highly priced. Is there anyone you can stay with in the UK.

Hugs

Kate

Thanks everyone for your kind positive posts, its really helped, Like you have said the house is really the last thing that has been stopping us from going, so fingers crossed it will all go through with no problems!

Thanks to you feeling lots more positive today, Keeping busy writing many lists of things now need to do, We do count our selves very lucky to have had an offer on the house so quickly, sending positive vibes to all of you who are waiting! It will happen when you least expect it, sending you all a big :hug: xx

Archived