Guest pakistan

14 hours ago, adah said:

Hello,

I would appreciate if anyone of you can confirm following:

As PR holder, due to my family circumstances concerning my mother’s health condition I couldn’t move to Australia for three and half years.

I don’t have any residency or financial history in Australia as I just met the landing requirement and stayed for a week.

Now, that I am still living offshore, have gotten married, have a kid and intend to file application for my family (wife and kid), may I know that does my family stand a chance to avail their partner (309) and kid(?) visa irrespective of my living status in Pakistan or overseas for next one and half year due to Covid uncertainty as it’s extremely difficult to leave family behind and move on my own. 

To summarise, without having any Australian financial or residency history, I want to file and wait for finalisation of applications while staying in Pakistan and move together before September 2022. Should or can I proceed?

Yes, you can sponsor your wife and kid even though you have not lived in Australia for the last 3.5 years.

I can tell you this with 100% confidence because I did the same. I received PR visa in 2014. I visited Australia in 2014 for a few days to activate my visa and then returned back to Pakistan. Then in 2019 (after almost 4.5 years ) I applied for my wife and son's visa (309/100) while I was in Pakistan. After applying for my wife and son's visa I stayed in pakistan for 6 more months, as I knew it will take almost 12-15 months to process the visa application of my wife and son. And then after 6 months of applying my wife and son's visa I moved to Australia. Both my wife and son received 100 visa (which is PR visa).

Please be noted, one of the requirement to sponor 309/100 visa is that the sponsor must be a "usual resident" of Australia. Interestingly, no where in the immigration constitution the term "usual resident" is defined. It is open to interpertation. So sponsor's "intention" to reside in Australia is enough to qualify him as a "usual resident".

On 16/04/2021 at 00:58, Khudadad said:

Does anyone know about Australian Embassy ankara processing visas?

Turkey is in lockdown so think they are closed for 2 weeks. They have stated on there Facebook page that they are closed for 2 weeks and only providing emergency consular assistance. I have seen very little grants for afghan applicants. I don’t understand why they are not processing any visa for afghan applicant 😞

8 hours ago, Alina11 said:

Turkey is in lockdown so think they are closed for 2 weeks. They have stated on there Facebook page that they are closed for 2 weeks and only providing emergency consular assistance. I have seen very little grants for afghan applicants. I don’t understand why they are not processing any visa for afghan applicant 😞

Same from the Pakistan Amman office 

Hello,

Myself (Aus citizen) and my partner are deciding whether to apply for the 309/100 offshore (currently living in London) or make the move and apply for the 820/801 onshore.

From various forums/facebook groups I am on, it seems like applications from London are being processed quickly (weeks or few months) which is quite different to the processing time listed on immi government page and my previous understanding. Ideally we would move to Aus late this year but the timelines are making the decision between the visa/where to apply harder and it still seems like a risk.

Is there any way to contact or get any better guidance on how long applications are taking from a particular location (London)? I know it's all relative, but we have successfully applied for a UK partner visa in the past, have plenty of shared documentation in both names and would consider it a 'straightforward' case. 

Thanks,

Joel

On 05/05/2021 at 21:01, jw1924 said:

Hello,

Myself (Aus citizen) and my partner are deciding whether to apply for the 309/100 offshore (currently living in London) or make the move and apply for the 820/801 onshore.

From various forums/facebook groups I am on, it seems like applications from London are being processed quickly (weeks or few months) which is quite different to the processing time listed on immi government page and my previous understanding. Ideally we would move to Aus late this year but the timelines are making the decision between the visa/where to apply harder and it still seems like a risk.

Is there any way to contact or get any better guidance on how long applications are taking from a particular location (London)? I know it's all relative, but we have successfully applied for a UK partner visa in the past, have plenty of shared documentation in both names and would consider it a 'straightforward' case. 

Thanks,

Joel

There is a great misconception that applications from London are being processed quickly. It all depends on how "complete" your application is, and whether you have attached all the required docs and information with your application.

My wife is from Pakistan, her visa was processed in 9 months in 2019. At that time the processing time on Immi Website was 16-22 months.
Similarly my friend's visa was granted very recently in 2021. It took only 5 months. This happened during pandemic when the borders are closed. She is also from Pakistan. She is allowed to travel to Australia since she was granted 100 visa (because their relationship was long term).

At the moment, the Immi Department is not issuing 600 (visitor visas). Non-PR holder and Non-citizens are not allowed in Australia due to pandemic border restrictions. There is a very strong chance your partner will not be granted 600 (Visitor visa). So, your plan for applying 820/801 onshore might not work.

But on the other hand, if you apply for 309/100 visa. First thing you have to check is, if she is eligble for 100 visa. Applicants are eligble for 100 visa if they have a "long term relationship". 
"Long term relationship" is when you are with your partner for "3 year or more" or "2 years and have a dependent child".

If your partner is eligible for 100 visa, only then you should apply for 309/100 visa. Since "100 visa" is a permanent resident visa, while 309 is a temporary resident visa.
Keep in mind, if a 100-visa is granted to your wife, she will become permanent resident of Australia, and even she is outside Australia, she will be then allowed to travel to Australia. As borders are open only for Permanent residents and Citizens. 

I hope this answers all your questions 🙂

3 hours ago, Usman Jav said:

There is a great misconception that applications from London are being processed quickly. It all depends on how "complete" your application is, and whether you have attached all the required docs and information with your application.

My wife is from Pakistan, her visa was processed in 9 months in 2019. At that time the processing time on Immi Website was 16-22 months.
Similarly my friend's visa was granted very recently in 2021. It took only 5 months. This happened during pandemic when the borders are closed. She is also from Pakistan. She is allowed to travel to Australia since she was granted 100 visa (because their relationship was long term).

At the moment, the Immi Department is not issuing 600 (visitor visas). Non-PR holder and Non-citizens are not allowed in Australia due to pandemic border restrictions. There is a very strong chance your partner will not be granted 600 (Visitor visa). So, your plan for applying 820/801 onshore might not work.

But on the other hand, if you apply for 309/100 visa. First thing you have to check is, if she is eligble for 100 visa. Applicants are eligble for 100 visa if they have a "long term relationship". 
"Long term relationship" is when you are with your partner for "3 year or more" or "2 years and have a dependent child".

If your partner is eligible for 100 visa, only then you should apply for 309/100 visa. Since "100 visa" is a permanent resident visa, while 309 is a temporary resident visa.
Keep in mind, if a 100-visa is granted to your wife, she will become permanent resident of Australia, and even she is outside Australia, she will be then allowed to travel to Australia. As borders are open only for Permanent residents and Citizens. 

I hope this answers all your questions 🙂

My 309 is being processed in London ...I applied Feb 2020 I have submitted medicals police checks I had RFi asking for my hubby travel history in the last ten years I submitted that then they requested UK police check for him as he has travelled outside Oz more than 365 days in ten years ...they gave me 28 days to submit this which we did and got it fast tracked so I'm hoping to hear soon as the 28 days as up last week so surely this is just waiting for a stamp ? 

On 07/05/2021 at 16:07, British said:

My 309 is being processed in London ...I applied Feb 2020 I have submitted medicals police checks I had RFi asking for my hubby travel history in the last ten years I submitted that then they requested UK police check for him as he has travelled outside Oz more than 365 days in ten years ...they gave me 28 days to submit this which we did and got it fast tracked so I'm hoping to hear soon as the 28 days as up last week so surely this is just waiting for a stamp ? 

How long you have been in a relationship with your husband?  I am asking this because the duration of your relationship will decide whether you will get a 309 or a 100 visa.

309 is a temporary visa, while 100 is a permanent visa. Eligibility for 100 visa is that you should be in a relationship for "at least 3 years" or "at least 2 years and have a dependent child"

If you are eligible for 309 visa only, then there is a very little chance you will be getting the visa this month. Because at the moment Australian borders are closed for non-PR holders and citizens. As 309 visa is a temporary (non-PR visa).

4 hours ago, Usman Jav said:

How long you have been in a relationship with your husband?  I am asking this because the duration of your relationship will decide whether you will get a 309 or a 100 visa.

309 is a temporary visa, while 100 is a permanent visa. Eligibility for 100 visa is that you should be in a relationship for "at least 3 years" or "at least 2 years and have a dependent child"

If you are eligible for 309 visa only, then there is a very little chance you will be getting the visa this month. Because at the moment Australian borders are closed for non-PR holders and citizens. As 309 visa is a temporary (non-PR visa).

Met in August 2017 ....married Dec 2020 .....ohh hope it's soon 

13 hours ago, British said:

Met in August 2017 ....married Dec 2020 .....ohh hope it's soon 

If your relationship started in Aug 2017, and you have the evidence (such as pics, chats, emails, tickets etc) to prove it, it will be a good idea to request the case officer to grant you 100 visa directly.

This will not only improve your chance for an early grant, but will also allow you to travel to Australia during the border restrictions, as the border restriction are not applicable to 100 visa holders (PR Visas).

For this you will have to ...

1. Upload the evidence to your immi account that proves your relationship started in 2017 August.
  2. Write a letter to the Case Officer. Self-sign the letter and upload the scanned copy of the letter to your Immi Account.
    1. In this letter you will request the case officer to directly grant you 100 visa as you meet the definition of "long term relationship". 
      Note: As per the immigration laws, definition of "long term relationship" is that you are in a relationship for "at least 3 years" OR "at least 2 years and have dependent child"  

Please bear in mind, I am not a professional agent. I was an applicant just like you. I did the same and was granted 100 visa 🙂 ... My friend also did the same, and his family was also granted 100 visa.

32 minutes ago, Usman Jav said:

If your relationship started in Aug 2017, and you have the evidence (such as pics, chats, emails, tickets etc) to prove it, it will be a good idea to request the case officer to grant you 100 visa directly.

This will not only improve your chance for an early grant, but will also allow you to travel to Australia during the border restrictions, as the border restriction are not applicable to 100 visa holders (PR Visas).

1. Upload the evidence to your immi account that proves your relationship started in 2017 August.
  2. Write a letter to the Case Officer. Self-sign the letter and upload the scanned copy of the letter to your Immi Account.
    1. In this letter you will request the case officer to directly grant you 100 visa as you meet the definition of "long term relationship". 
      Note: As per the immigration laws, definition of "long term relationship" is that you are in a relationship for "at least 3 years" OR "at least 2 years and have dependent child"  

Please bear in mind, I am not a professional agent. I was an applicant just like you. I did the same and was granted 100 visa 🙂 ... My friend also did the same, and his family was also granted 100 visa.

Thank you so very much ...I'm going to do this today thank you for your help much appreciated 

34 minutes ago, Usman Jav said:

For your information If someone has 309 visa then they do not need for travel exemption. They can travel to Australia without exemption just like PR visa holder.
For Reference
https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/immediate-family-australian-citizens-or-permanent-residents-or-new-zealand-citizens-usually-resident-australia

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kamila said:

Hey Mitho

is your husband in Australia on visitor visa? How long has he been on visitor visa? Didn’t he have the condition of no further stay on his visitor visa?

Yes he is in Australia but in bridging visa 

On 12/05/2021 at 11:57, Devops said:

Did you receive any RFI from Amman office?

I had received RFI on 28th February 2021 from Amman office. Submitted all documents by 8th April 2021. No response/reply yet from them since RFI. This was my first RFI (and hopefully last).

Brief about me - Applied for 309 from UAE in September 2020. Application being processed in Amman (since the RFI email from CO was from Amman). All documents frontloaded (except medicals and PCC) - which we submitted between early Feb to April.

I have seen there are atleast 2 other applicants whose file is being processed in Amman. So we are all in the same boat. Recently noticed (on another site) that Amman office recently granted one 309 for a pakistani applicant, and the processing time was 23 months (see attached screenshot). I just hope it does not take this long for our applications.

Capture.JPG

5 hours ago, Mitho said:

Yes he is in Australia but in bridging visa 

How did you apply for bridging visa if you dont mind me asking? 

He must have come on 600 visa first and changed to bridging visa? Appreciate if you could share your process

Thanks,