Guest pakistan

48 minutes ago, emmajane0429 said:

Hi Joe, where have you got this information? do you have a link? My partner got his visa yesterday and our kids granted citizenship but we have to travel by 8th November which is looking too costly and we wouldnt want to quaranteen so wondering if we can delay that date?

If the visa was granted yesterday, you will have until 8th November 2022 to make a first entry. It’s way too earlier to speculate on what the rules will be then if are not able to travel by that date. Currently you can get a ‘facilitation’ letter once you are sure that you will miss the date (and the date is only a few months away). 

3 hours ago, Bartletts said:

I know that some visas were granted some extensions due to Covid but I'm not sure about the 100. Might be worth contacting the authorities and asking for a small extension due to the ridiculously fast turnaround time. How much more time would you want, realistically?

Quarantine rules are being relaxed all the time although it's obviously done State by State. Check the latest info here: https://www.health.gov.au/about-us/contact-us/local-state-and-territory-health-departments.

We have booked flights for May/June and found that they were similarly priced to the various other visits we've made over the years.

I guess i had in my mind that it would be the following year so maybe an extension of a few months is possible to move in January before the school year starts in Perth

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I assume there's a typo in that post, unless you mean 8th November 2022?  You've got a whole year, what's the problem?

They were giving "facilitation letters"  when the borders were closed, but there's nothing to stop you flying in now except cost.  It's true flights are expensive rightnow but by next year, they'll be as close to normal as they'll ever be, and there won't be any more quarantine provided you're vaccinated.  So I'm afraid I can't think of any convincing reason you could give for deferring.  

Remember you can just visit to activate the visa.

Think im freaking out a bit as i applied so early thinking it would take at least 14 months for approval as stated on the website and then we would have another year from then. It took 3 weeks to get approved so its just brought everything forward and im not very prepared for that!

7 hours ago, emmajane0429 said:

I guess i had in my mind that it would be the following year so maybe an extension of a few months is possible to move in January before the school year starts in Perth

No, an extension isn't possible now.  We are back to "normal", which means you must arrive by the date you're given or you'll have to apply all over again. 

Remember you can all go on holiday before that date, then you've activated the visa and you've got until November 2026 to make the final move. 

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

No, an extension isn't possible now.  We are back to "normal", which means you must arrive by the date you're given or you'll have to apply all over again. 

Remember you can all go on holiday before that date, then you've activated the visa and you've got until November 2026 to make the final move. 

This is not the case (yet) and we are certainly far from ‘normal’ in terms of migration and travel policy.  The Department have generally been fairly relaxed about this matter, although there are no guarantees that missing an initial entry date won’t have consequences. 

2 hours ago, paulhand said:

This is not the case (yet) and we are certainly far from ‘normal’ in terms of migration and travel policy.

Yes that was lazy of me.  We're not back to normal right now.  However, the poster's "arrive by " date is November NEXT year, far too early to apply for a facilitation letter now I would think, and I would think it foolish to assume they'll still be available by that time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marisawright said:

far too early to apply for a facilitation letter now I would think,

Yes, way too early. 

6 hours ago, Marisawright said:

and I would think it foolish to assume they'll still be available by that time.

A year is a very long time away in the current environment, and I agree that making assumptions about what the landscape will be like then is not useful. 

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

First time posting, my wife is a Australian citizen and I am UK. We are living in the UK but may want to move back to Aus at some point in the near future. 

I believe the 309 is the relevant visa to apply for, does anyone know the timelines once granted as to when we would need to enter Aus and if we would need to move there permanently to activate the visa before the 100 is granted? We are not in an immediate rush to move but I would prefer to begin the process and understand the timelines. 

Appreciate any guidance.

43 minutes ago, JayB89 said:

does anyone know the timelines once granted as to when we would need to enter Aus

Once granted, you need to make an initial entry within 12 months, although they are currently relaxed about this date

if we would need to move there permanently to activate the visa before the 100 is granted

not necessarily, if you are in a 'long term relationship' then the 100 can be granted immediately

I would prefer to begin the process and understand the timelines

Many 309s lodged in the UK are being processed way quicker than the published processing times. 

Edited by paulhand
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, paulhand said:

Once granted, you need to make an initial entry within 12 months, although they are currently relaxed about this date

not necessarily, if you are in a 'long term relationship' then the 100 can be granted immediately

Many 309s lodged in the UK are being processed way quicker than the published processing times. 

Thank you for the prompt feedback! Greatly appreciated 

Just a quick update for the benefit of anyone on a 309 and lodged the 100 application. I had my 100 approved a couple of days before Christmas after lodging it in June of this year. 

This whole process has been incredibly tough, I've been in Australia for coming on 8 years, had a 186 PR application refused (and appealed) due to the business 'phoenixing' their ABN and holding back significant payments, before finally going down the 309/100 route with a partner with whom I am building a new home and hoping for our first child this year...It's been a journey and hasn't really settled in, but big thanks to all of you on here, especially the consistent posters who hold a lot of good knowledge and are happy to share. 

I hope 2022 is the year for all of you still checking that immi account daily (I've done it twice already today...not sure if it's muscle memory or just triple checking...haha)

• 2 weeks later...