Guest pakistan

3 minutes ago, tobeaussieIA said:

They asked very basic questions like my name and date of birth, my husband's name and his birth date. Our date of marriage and my highest qualification. They asked whether i do job. What was your dol? 

Oh ok, good luck! It’s 23rd April 

30 minutes ago, MrsHzp said:

Yes I got that made aswell 

The certificate is called MSPE that includes the English proficiency information. You can easily get it issued by the University/ college of bachelors qualification. 

Why they need English proficiency proof for 309 from applicant? I'm hearing this first time.

We got additional docs email on 22 nov but they didn't ask any English proficiency proof or highest degree from applicant.

Do they ask these two things (English proof and degree) from all applicants or just from those who show work experience?

Thanks

Lilly

4 hours ago, MrsHzp said:

Hi,

have u received the generic email for the first time ?

i did submit my last degree as my employment history included informations regarding the dental practices I worked at as a dental surgeon so for that I had to show proof of education ( I.e my bachelors degree ) .

i suggest to upload any remaining docs that you find will raise a question . 

yes First time

4 hours ago, MnMA said:

Yes you need to provide. This will help you in getting rid of english speaking requirement at any time. in some cases english proficiency certificate is also asked if applicant have any degree 🙂

English requirement for partner visa? No man, why there're charging 7000$ if they need to inquire about English proficiency. 

In the case of PR, yes they do ask about partner's Proficiency  or pay $$$$ but never heard they ask to show prove in partner visa.

My wife's doesn't higher education, she has done inter only.

2 hours ago, Lilly23 said:

Why they need English proficiency proof for 309 from applicant? I'm hearing this first time.

We got additional docs email on 22 nov but they didn't ask any English proficiency proof or highest degree from applicant.

Do they ask these two things (English proof and degree) from all applicants or just from those who show work experience?

Thanks

Lilly

Even though my 309 spouse visa is delayed so i’m in no place to give advise but still i’ll share my experience. 

They didn’t askme for English proficiency test but they did ask me for my highest degree with transcript which is M.Phil. Also asked me exact details of curriculum i studied in M.Phil along with detailed CV. And i sent colour scanned degrees and transcript without hec attestation which were acceptable i guess because they didn’t put forth any objection on that. 

3 hours ago, MnMA said:

For some applicants they do ask for Copy of Degree and English Proficiency certificate. Copy of Degree is in Generic Checklist as well.

came across cases where immigration have given three options to Applicant (in case of 309) or Spouse (In case of initial PR)

1. Submit English Proficiency

2. Give IELTS

3. Attend training for english language once in Australia (which cost $$$)

So stay on safe side if you have some qualification. 

Thanks. Agree for initial PR for spouse. However, in case of partner 309 visa, I don't think it is a requirement. 

1 hour ago, Dr.samra said:

Even though my 309 spouse visa is delayed so i’m in no place to give advise but still i’ll share my experience. 

They didn’t askme for English proficiency test but they did ask me for my highest degree with transcript which is M.Phil. Also asked me exact details of curriculum i studied in M.Phil along with detailed CV. And i sent colour scanned degrees and transcript without hec attestation which were acceptable i guess because they didn’t put forth any objection on that. 

Dr. Samra, thanks for sharing your experience.

I think your DOL was somewhere in mid 2017. Did you used agent or lodged by yourself? paper/online based? How many times and how did you contacted immi to followup your case? It looks really bad when one has this much waiting time. I hope immigration will do something positive in near future. May be grant you 100 after this long painful waiting.

Good luck.

Lilly

6 minutes ago, MnMA said:

English language is basic requirement. Whether they say it officially or no

Hope this can help

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

I think Home Affairs has created this page as a standard isolated page for all English language requirements. So they can refer to this page whenever there is a requirement for English language for any visa, for example, skilled visa, student visa and so on.

What I'm not finding is, where they have mentioned English language proficiency as a "stated" requirement for 309 visa?

I just had a quick look in Partner Booklet and I found below (only) for English language proficiency for 309 visa. In my understanding (which may be wrong), this is only for those 309 visa applicants who have intention to "work" in Australia.

Also, the below excerpt is mentioned under "Sponsorship Undertaking", i.e. the one which sponsor signs at the end of form 40SP. So, in general it means, sponsor is going to give guarantee for providing support to 309 applicant for "attending English language classes" (first paragraph below quoted) and the 2nd para says, the applicant should  "understand" that English is Australia's national language and applicant should have good proficiency in English if applicant has intention to "work". So I'm interpreting it that if applicant has no intention to work in Australia then proficiency in English is not required Or if sponsor and applicant has not mentioned anywhere in the provided documentation for 309, that applicant has any intention to work in Australia.

Please note, I understand that it is a fair necessity for applicant to know English regardless of anything (stated or non-stated) as eventually applicant is lodging 309/100 visa with an intention to live in Australia. And to live permanently in any country, it is implicit that one knows the country's language. What I'm looking here is that, where has English proficiency is a "stated" requirement for 309.

Below taken from Partner Booklet:

.........You are also required to provide financial and other support, such as childcare,
that will enable your partner to attend appropriate English classes.

And

It is important that your fiancé(e) or partner and members of their family unit understand that Australia’s
national language is English. A good standard of spoken and written English is essential if they want
to work in Australia.
Without these skills, it may be very difficult for them to gain employment at a level
commensurate with their job skills and qualifications. They should therefore assess their own employment
prospects in Australia, whether or not they intend to work immediately

Note: I did not find any English language requirement in ISB office checklist. Please share if you've found.

Sorry for long post.

Thanks.

Lilly

6 hours ago, tobeaussieIA said:

22nd Nov 18.

Hi @tobeaussieIA You got generic email on 22 Nov 18, or it was an additional documents email? I'm asking because, I got additional docs email on 22 Nov 18 as I've already uploaded most of the documents of generic checklist before they asked us. 

My DOL is 24 Feb 18, and I think our case is almost on similar timeline. Would you mind telling your date of marriage? Kids? and also did you mentioned in submitted docs that you (applicant) has intention to work in Australia? And are you currently working in Pakistan? Am just trying to find any similarity between our cases.

Good Luck.

Lilly

1 hour ago, Lilly23 said:

Dr. Samra, thanks for sharing your experience.

I think your DOL was somewhere in mid 2017. Did you used agent or lodged by yourself? paper/online based? How many times and how did you contacted immi to followup your case? It looks really bad when one has this much waiting time. I hope immigration will do something positive in near future. May be grant you 100 after this long painful waiting.

Good luck.

Lilly

My DOL: 28th July 2017

I applied through Zarnab international migration agent Lahore. Was online application. 

My agent emails the embassy on my behalf to ask update on my case, emailed embassy in Sept 18, Novem 18, 8th Jan 19, 23rd Jan 19. So 4 times till now. My agent will email embassy twice every month now since its been 18 months. 

Other than emails, since October 18, I have been monthly updating embassy on immi account  through my agent regarding monthly pocket money transfer into my account from husband’s Australian account along with whatsapp msgs and calls. 

Waiting is painful, although i have been lucky to see my husband after every 2 months since Sept 18. He left for Australia  last night and will be visiting again in April if my visa didn’t arrive by then. I pray Australia loosens some rules on spouse visa like USA, UK and other countries so all the couples can be reunited soon. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr.samra said:

My DOL: 28th July 2017

I applied through Zarnab international migration agent Lahore. Was online application. 

My agent emails the embassy on my behalf to ask update on my case, emailed embassy in Sept 18, Novem 18, 8th Jan 19, 23rd Jan 19. So 4 times till now. My agent will email embassy twice every month now since its been 18 months. 

Other than emails, since October 18, I have been monthly updating embassy on immi account  through my agent regarding monthly pocket money transfer into my account from husband’s Australian account along with whatsapp msgs and calls. 

Waiting is painful, although i have been lucky to see my husband after every 2 months since Sept 18. He left for Australia  last night and will be visiting again in April if my visa didn’t arrive by then. I pray Australia loosens some rules on spouse visa like USA, UK and other countries so all the couples can be reunited soon. 

You are waiting now for almost 18 months! Bravo on you and your husband !! 

Is Zarnab international migration a registered MARA agent? Did your agent tried calling ISB office for followup?

This is really good that your husband visits you on frequent basis. I guess this is a solid proof of continuing and genuine relationship. Do you think for any reason your case might be considered complex?

Good luck

Lilly. 

1 hour ago, Lilly23 said:

Hi @tobeaussieIA You got generic email on 22 Nov 18, or it was an additional documents email? I'm asking because, I got additional docs email on 22 Nov 18 as I've already uploaded most of the documents of generic checklist before they asked us. 

My DOL is 24 Feb 18, and I think our case is almost on similar timeline. Would you mind telling your date of marriage? Kids? and also did you mentioned in submitted docs that you (applicant) has intention to work in Australia? And are you currently working in Pakistan? Am just trying to find any similarity between our cases.

Good Luck.

Lilly

Sorry, it was actually additional documents request email which I received on 22nd nov '18. My date of marriage is 23rd Oct 2017. No kids. Yes, I did say in application that I would work in Australia. Currently, I am not working, left my job five months ago. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tobeaussieIA said:

Sorry, it was actually additional documents request email which I received on 22nd nov '18. My date of marriage is 23rd Oct 2017. No kids. Yes, I did say in application that I would work in Australia. Currently, I am not working, left my job five months ago. 

Thanks for your response. Could you please also tell what they asked in additional documents? and how often your husband visited you since your marriage?

Good luck !!

Lilly

8 minutes ago, Lilly23 said:

Thanks for your response. Could you please also tell what they asked in additional documents? and how often your husband visited you since your marriage?

Good luck !!

Lilly

They asked mostly about the financial and employment status of my husband. Apart from that they asked me to upload polio certificate and provide some additional wedding pictures. I visited my husband few months ago.

1 minute ago, tobeaussieIA said:

They asked mostly about the financial and employment status of my husband. Apart from that they asked me to upload polio certificate and provide some additional wedding pictures. I visited my husband few months ago.

Thanks for your response. They asked us almost same docs excluding pics and including some overseas PCC of sponsor (husband). I think we will be getting interview call soon as well. Looks like your CO and my CO is same. 

Good luck ☝️

Lilly.

4 hours ago, Lilly23 said:

You are waiting now for almost 18 months! Bravo on you and your husband !! 

Is Zarnab international migration a registered MARA agent? Did your agent tried calling ISB office for followup?

This is really good that your husband visits you on frequent basis. I guess this is a solid proof of continuing and genuine relationship. Do you think for any reason your case might be considered complex?

Good luck

Lilly. 

I’m not sure if its registered with MARA. My husband received his PR grant of skilled migration from the same agent in 2016 within 9 months of DOL. 

I don’t think embassy would have any doubts regarding my genuine relationship with husband as we gave them alot of supporting documents including my property, his property and also the property he gifted me in Haq Mehr. 

Embassy hasn’t contacted me on their own since May 2018. Someone on this forum told me giving 3 pccs was a wrong move as i have lived in 3 cities (Abbottabad, Islamabad and Lahore) as verification from 3 cities could be taking long. When i got interview call in May 2018, I asked my CO if I could take my dog along as well to which she replied she’s not sure about rules on animals and I should ask the airline guys if they take pets to Australia. May be she didn’t like me asking about my dog? I don’t know what’s the reason for delay honestly.

Someone said long travel history also causes delay but mine isn’t very extensive right? ( UK, USA, UAE, Morocco, Thailand, Saudi Arab)

8 hours ago, Dr.samra said:

I’m not sure if its registered with MARA. My husband received his PR grant of skilled migration from the same agent in 2016 within 9 months of DOL. 

I don’t think embassy would have any doubts regarding my genuine relationship with husband as we gave them alot of supporting documents including my property, his property and also the property he gifted me in Haq Mehr. 

Embassy hasn’t contacted me on their own since May 2018. Someone on this forum told me giving 3 pccs was a wrong move as i have lived in 3 cities (Abbottabad, Islamabad and Lahore) as verification from 3 cities could be taking long. When i got interview call in May 2018, I asked my CO if I could take my dog along as well to which she replied she’s not sure about rules on animals and I should ask the airline guys if they take pets to Australia. May be she didn’t like me asking about my dog? I don’t know what’s the reason for delay honestly.

Someone said long travel history also causes delay but mine isn’t very extensive right? ( UK, USA, UAE, Morocco, Thailand, Saudi Arab)

I don't think asking about pet/dog would be a problem for CO. As a safe side, I would avoid asking any question from CO and rather stick to satisfying CO's questions. 

If your travel history to the countries you mentioned is like you lived more than 12 months in last 10 years then you provide PCC. If this is the case, then I guess it might take time to verify PCC but again I think it should not take enough time for verification including the 3 cities you lived in Pakistan. I don't think long travel history should be a problem either.

I think as of now, your only relying source is your agent. I'm personally not in favor of using agent until the case is quite complex. I',m sure you're following up on regular basis with your agent.

Wish you all the best. Hope you get the grant soon. ☝️☝️

2 hours ago, MnMA said:

Its not a "Stated: Requirement but a general requirement for any type of resident visa that applicant should know English. and case officer can ask about that.

there are many documents which are not part of AHC Isb checklist but still case officer sometimes ask. if you can raise same point to case officer that its not in checklist then no need to worry. else be prepared (its a general thing for everyone). regarding your point below

Please note that Spouse visa 309 gives working rights to the applicant whether applicant have intention to work or no. ans so all requirements could apply which are for visas having work rights. 

👍

Good luck 🙂

17 hours ago, tobeaussieIA said:

Hi, why did they ask for additional wedding photos? Was that to confirm for rukhsati? Also did you visit your husband on the sponsored visit visa?

On 16/01/2019 at 09:57, MrsHzp said:

Hi anybody here who had received grants already and has submitted the Smart CNIC  as it is without submitting an English version ( since it already has urdu English both on it 😕 ) 

Smart CNIC is all good to go. It is smart. It has eng urdu both. U dont need to do anything with that. My partner submitted his smart nic as it is.