Guest pakistan

• 2 weeks later...

Don't be stressed, visa will come anyway insha'Allah and now that you have waited so long, it will come sooner; time is the constraint.

Any idea what cause the delay? Any complications or wrong answers given?

When did you have the interview?

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

hoping you kind people would be able to offer me some insight on how the processing time will likely proceed from here.

I am Canadian and my partner is an Australian citizen. We applied for the partner visa 309, February 2016. I was directed to complete my medical assessment and provide police clearance. This has all been done and now I have not heard anything. I spoke with the HC staff and they advised me that as I am Canadian my file would likely be processed faster than the times described on the website.

Although, I am not sure how accurate her statement is, I am curious if anyone here has been in same situation applying from North America. I have supplied as much documentation as possible and wondering what comes next? Does a CO contact me? Do I interview on the phone?

Any help or guidance would be great!

Thanks!

That's correct, there is no cap. However DIBP still works according to the immigration planning numbers so they will slow down or stop granting visas late in the year (e.g. June) if they are reaching the quota.

Which sounds the same as capping and queuing.

Guys I wanted to ask about my case in particular. I have applied for partner subclass 309 visa, and I had overstayed in the UK back in 2010 for about 6 weeks. It was a mistake, as I erroneously believed the visa expiry date to be later than it was, I got a letter from my college explaining the situation and exited the country. I mentioned this in my application, along with the letter from my college. Can this create a problem or delay my case?

Guys I wanted to ask about my case in particular. I have applied for partner subclass 309 visa, and I had overstayed in the UK back in 2010 for about 6 weeks. It was a mistake, as I erroneously believed the visa expiry date to be later than it was, I got a letter from my college explaining the situation and exited the country. I mentioned this in my application, along with the letter from my college. Can this create a problem or delay my case?

Personally I don't think so but could be wrong. 309 is first step towards permanent residency so there is no scope for overstaying.

If you were going for tourist, student or work visa then maybe it would have been an issue.

Edited by User Name

Today My Mrs had the interview. DOL 30 Nov 2015.

The interview went for 40 minutes.

Qs asked mainly revolved around :

- How your relationship started

- Who asked for your consent?

- When did marriage take place?

- Where do you live?

- Who else lives in the house?

- How does your husband support you financially?

- Has he sent you any gifts?

- How do you make sure your relationship stays strong?

- What are few things which make your husband angry?

Hi

Does anyone know that when case goes for final decision after interview, does the status on Immi change? Currently it shows as Assessment under progress; does it change to some other narrative?

Thanks.

It changes when they get round to it. Our visa was refused months ago but ImmiAccount still says it hasn't even been allocated to anyone yet!

In Immi, next to my name as a sponsor, I can see status saying as "Approved".

Whereas next to my Mrs' name, it says Assessment in progress.

Do you know if approved has been there since start, I am not sure if it was there before?

My Mrs recently had interview and they requested one document which I provided the same day. The AHC ISB CO had said he will send for final decision after receiving the document.

So If you can kindly advise what does approved mean and if it is a good omen?

Many Thanks

One of my friend who has been through this process advised me that his wife was told by AHC ISL that we have approved your application and it will be finally approved by Aus. I am assuming the final decision is taken by some on-shore team.

Also, ImmiAccount application status will change once the final decision has been made by the dept. The NEXT status after "Assessment under progress" is "Finalised". There is NO interim status to define if its due final decision. One of my friend's wife (just a couple of months back) got visa grant after around 1.5 weeks of interview call.

Please advise if you know of any update to Pakistani applicants. Any interview call received so far? All I am trying to figure out is what cases are being worked on nowadays. juggle.gif

Immi-Account status guide: https://www.border.gov.au/help-text/online-account/Documents/status_immiaccount.pdf

Hopefully you should get within 9 months, just dont rush for the interview ever. Make sure you, yours Mrs, your in laws and your mrs' in laws are all on same page as anyone can be interviewed.

Basic thing is, Mrs' should read application closely and answers should match what is in the application.

Good luck